+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: Candy Barbarian / Minor tweaks

Suggestion: Candy Barbarian / Minor tweaks

After playing my Candy Barbarian, and getting it geared up for end game content, I wanted to suggest a few minor tweaks. Overall I feel like the Candy Barbarian is in a pretty good place, but could use the following:

1. Remove knockback from Vanilla Swirlwind (in general, a melee class doesn't want to knock enemies back, since in knocks them out of melee range/off ledges/etc.)

2. Negate incoming knocks from enemies while performing Sugar Crash/Scoop 'n' Gloop. Since you have very little ability to control the actual movement of the leap once in the air, enemy knocks often knock you in unexpected directions (even tested with stacked Stability, but it doesn't appear that Stability affects knocks while not on the ground). This is more a problem for Scoop 'n' Gloop, since it pulls enemies closer and generally causes more incoming hits. Something similar to the knock immunity Revenant gets while Spirit Spears is active would be great (maybe 1.5 seconds of knock immunity once the leap actually begins -- not while 1 is being held).

Otherwise, the Candy Barbarian seems to play very well in my opinion.

I like those suggestions. Especially the second suggestion. It is pretty crazy in some of the underground 5* how far you can fly if u get hit by an enemy when doing the jump attack. I have at times been in one edge of the 5* and ended up completely at the other side when being knocked by an enemy.

BIG YES to the first suggestion, that right click pushing ennemies away is the reason why I instantly removed my gems off of the candy barb when I tried it

I guess the second suggestion is good as well, don't really know since I don't play candy barbarian

Also I think his ult might need a little rework, at end game every class consistently reaches over the attack speed cap (300%, except gunslinger at 400%) without the need of LL sub / candy's ult, so it's kinda useless (except gunslinger that barely reaches his max attack speed with berserk battler and lunar lancer, so he's the only class that could really benefit from candy barb's ult (except for speedruns since they're short enough for your lunar lancer subclass to be active almost the whole run))

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiPh0o_ View Post
    Also I think his ult might need a little rework, at end game every class consistently reaches over the attack speed cap (300%, except gunslinger at 400%) without the need of LL sub / candy's ult, so it's kinda useless (except gunslinger that barely reaches his max attack speed with berserk battler and lunar lancer, so he's the only class that could really benefit from candy barb's ult (except for speedruns since they're short enough for your lunar lancer subclass to be active almost the whole run))
    I personally have no major gripe with the ultimate, but I wouldn't be against a rework either. I think something like this may be fun (keeps it suport focused, but instead of direct damage, buffs team damage to effected targets):

Drops an icon of Eis Crom that roots enemies. Effected Enemies drop candies for allies and take 20% more damage. (drop healing candy for allies that strike them, and allies struck by them receive attack speed candy -- maybe 4 to 6 second duration)

20% is broken though (it really is too much even for something that's active such a little amount of time), I'd be fine with classes around you receiving a little boost in PD%/MD% instead of attack speed since everyone will be able to benefit from it that way

+ Reply to Thread