+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Extortion hits Trove. Via LL

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #31
    Hi Guys

Sorry for a bit of delay in responding to this. As I mentioned in a different thread I've been out of the office a few days (though Postcard and I have been discussing this thread this week).

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    That Dev letter decides if they all get to keep their jobs lol.
    Well this ones easy - though not sure at all what you mean by keep our jobs; it has nothing to do with that.
    The letter talks about future content and, as as a public facing letter, we want to get it right. That takes time, especially in the summer with many other things going on. We are very close to posting it.
    I've posted many times here that gamigo is completely committed to consoles, and I meant it. That hasn't changed.

Speaking of which...

Quote Originally Posted by drbubblesps4 View Post
    Something really has to be done about this.
    We couldn't agree more. We have a fix thats through QA. It's a client change. To be completely transparent here - we are dealing with several major backend changes unrelated to this change, but conflict heavily with when we can get it deployed. You'll see downtime posts about them soon. If I had my way, you would have had this fix already, but theres been some factors (including external ones) that were out of my control.

@Ugly: Could you please PM me the ticket number and any additional details about the LL issues you are dealing with here. To be blunt, it sucks, and I'm sorry.

Thanks

--Phantasie

The hooking has slowed down or stopped all together atm.

Damage is done though and needs to be fixed, it's embarrassing when people come by the club and a few clubs are unusable now as they are so damaged.

I don't know if the CS team knows but it got out that the Devs and Psn where working with a few key people to ban the main accounts of the people make IIIIIIiiiilllllllLLLiii accounts. Guessing since extortion is a cyber crime PSN was fast to react.
    Guess no matter what account you log in as your IP is still tagged to that account so its pretty easy to link main accounts with alts when needed.

The 2 iiiiiiLLLLiii accounts I managed to talk to as they were hooking clubs on the weekend had no clue IPs through psn where bookmarked to log ins.
    How else would PSN be able to block all accounts from a IP.
    1 of them broke down and begged by giving up all members of his team to me, the other gave me all the names of people he did not like but was more informative as he logged in to his main and sent me ss. Few people I will be outing, you know who you are. You should psn now rather then later and maybe explain. 3 people have already, I don't agree with what they did but I understand and will leave their names and SS out of my full report I'm making to share on this.

Funny how something as simple as a this info getting spread around had a huge effect, can't wait till the bans start getting noticed and these idiots get removed from our community.

TheUglyOne - Demons of Valhalla
    Yes I know you know what I know you can thank me in your own way.

This glitch is happening on Xbox as well. I have heard of a few clubs hit with it recently. I hope it gets fixed soon. Tired of writing **** out of anger....

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasie View Post

We couldn't agree more. We have a fix thats through QA. It's a client change. To be completely transparent here - we are dealing with several major backend changes unrelated to this change, but conflict heavily with when we can get it deployed. You'll see downtime posts about them soon. If I had my way, you would have had this fix already, but theres been some factors (including external ones) that were out of my control.

@Ugly: Could you please PM me the ticket number and any additional details about the LL issues you are dealing with here. To be blunt, it sucks, and I'm sorry.

Thanks

--Phantasie
    Why client side? The clubs are server side aren't they? If you pastch the client, doesn't the hooks stay in PS4 and now, Xbox's clubs?

Funny how something as simple as a this info getting spread around had a huge effect, can't wait till the bans start getting noticed and these idiots get removed from our community.
    This is something I've been saying for years and years. Trove is vastly filled with good people who sometimes get carried away or through peer pressure do dumb things. The devs could save everyone, including themselves, a whole lot of trouble if they would just send public warnings.

I get it, on one hand they don't want to spread awareness of potential problems. But I think the Trove community is much better than that. All they need to do is get the word out that "if you do "x" you are getting banned, so knock it off!" and people would stop in a hurry. Instead they let the problem fester, sometimes for 6+ months and then suddenly start dishing out bans, which isn't justice for anyone effected.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    This is something I've been saying for years and years. Trove is vastly filled with good people who sometimes get carried away or through peer pressure do dumb things. The devs could save everyone, including themselves, a whole lot of trouble if they would just send public warnings.

I get it, on one hand they don't want to spread awareness of potential problems. But I think the Trove community is much better than that. All they need to do is get the word out that "if you do "x" you are getting banned, so knock it off!" and people would stop in a hurry. Instead they let the problem fester, sometimes for 6+ months and then suddenly start dishing out bans, which isn't justice for anyone effected.
    I can't post all the info I have on this here as it names people. My problem now is leaders or people who can influence people and sent weak minded people are going get off and the children they sent to hook clubs for them will get brunt.
    Its really sad that these people are leaders in trove.
    It will all come out sooner or later as people are only loyal to them temporarily, most have sent ss, voice clips etc already.

I can't post all the info I have on this here as it names people. My problem now is leaders or people who can influence people and sent weak minded people are going get off and the children they sent to hook clubs for them will get brunt.
    Its really sad that these people are leaders in trove.
    It will all come out sooner or later as people are only loyal to them temporarily, most have sent ss, voice clips etc already.
    Hey Ugly, when you say you're making a report....
    1. Is this a report that will be publicly available?
    2. Do you happen to have an eta when these players will be banned?
    3. Is there any information that you're willing to share so that we can protect our clubs in the meantime?
    4. If the leaders aren't going to be banned because they SENT the players who are being banned then I would still like to ban those leaders from my clubs and be warned about them. Hard to do anything without knowing names.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrawnis View Post
    Hey Ugly, when you say you're making a report....
    1. Is this a report that will be publicly available?
    2. Do you happen to have an eta when these players will be banned?
    3. Is there any information that you're willing to share so that we can protect our clubs in the meantime?
    4. If the leaders aren't going to be banned because they SENT the players who are being banned then I would still like to ban those leaders from my clubs and be warned about them. Hard to do anything without knowing names.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    Cy people have been banned already but not all of course.
    This I know as 1 sent me a nice message blaming me like I made them try and extort me. I'm using my only method/tools available to finish this chapter.
    I just want to play trove. This was brought to me, I did not ask or look for this.
    I will not lay down and be a victim.

It's really hard for me to publicly put names out as some are kids and some are not 100 confirmed via the info I have.
    Psn is not confirming anything with me, it's a 1 way street of info. I'm guessing people will just vanish.

The presidents you looking 4 info on. You already know who I'm talking about.
    These people never were good people and this was a chance for them to be bigger bots thrn ever.
    I'm still waiting on a few things such as people making yt video's as they cant share clips any other way.

IDK if I'll ever be able to publicly post everything as again, I will not put kids who were following their leaders wishes out there.
    I have a few full confessions from KIDS that thought they were just playing a fun trick.
    I have promised them that I would not out them in exchange for info I could pass on to psn but not with trove community.

I'm glad people know I'm honest and trustworthy, I won't give up my sources lol... I feel like I'm a reporter getting the scoop...
    I just want to play trove.....

Cy people have been banned already but not all of course.

It's really hard for me to publicly put names out as some are kids and some are not 100 confirmed via the info I have.
    Psn is not confirming anything with me, it's a 1 way street of info. I'm guessing people will just vanish.

IDK if I'll ever be able to publicly post everything as again, I will not put kids who were following their leaders wishes out there.
    I have a few full confessions from KIDS that thought they were just playing a fun trick.
    I have promised them that I would not out them in exchange for info I could pass on to psn but not with trove community.
    Sounds good man, respect.

So we don't have a fix for this?
    Yesterdays downtime was planned way in advance but not 6 months ago.
    This issue is over 6 month old with a fix confirm to be available by the dev team back then.

Does anyone on the development team play trove? My club is trashed and its embarrassing to stand in my hub.
    This has to be the case for dozen and dozens of clubs.

When will the fix happen.
    We/I cant fix this and we are counting on you guys.

+ Reply to Thread