+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sunseeker playable class

Sunseeker playable class

Hi it's me again. I have an idea for new class in Trove. It's Sunseeker. Would you like to play as a geodian hero? And how abilities and attacks would he have? Of course he can look like Sunseeker Guard from Geode Sanctuary or Rowan maybe with a little diffrent armor and armed with sword and shiled.
    Im a man with a plan. And a plan is to booze as much as i can!

Quote Originally Posted by Barkow View Post
    Hi it's me again. I have an idea for new class in Trove. It's Sunseeker. Would you like to play as a geodian hero? And how abilities and attacks would he have? Of course he can look like Sunseeker Guard from Geode Sanctuary or Rowan maybe with a little diffrent armor and armed with sword and shiled.

Going by what you wrote, you made a suggestion for a modification or a costume that makes an already existing class look like a Sunseeker.

If you want to suggest a new class with an actual new mechanic, interesting gameplay and an addition to existing classes, then you should put more though into it and also think about how skills work and how those skills affect gameplay of other classes, too.

You may check out one of my own class suggestions here, where I did put a LOT efford inside and considered many points and much balancing into:

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...ggestion-Kitty

Barkow, how about this:

No energy class, cooldowns only. As Geodians are naturally generous and welcoming beings, the Sunseeker functions as a support class (ally buffing/enemy debuffing/area denial), aiding allies and smiting enemies in the name of the Sun Goddess.

Sunseeker's Resolve (Passive): For every enemy hit with your basic attack's 3rd strike, all abilities receive 2% cooldown (max 16%).

Basic (M1) - 3-hit combo, first and second attacks are standard left/right swings, and third attack does a short "power-up" before thrusting for a short-range column AoE attack (2 block diameter). The "power-up" pulls enemies in a small area toward the block in front of you before the thrust is released.

Sunseeker's Prism (M2) - Throw a prism. Prisms pulse damage and healing (2% max HP) every second, up to 3 can be placed at a time. Prisms will connect with other prisms within 4 blocks, increasing in damage by 10% (max 30%) and an additional 2% max HP (max 6% max HP) healed per pulse for each connected prism. Additionally, enemies standing in the connecting beams are damaged every 0.5 seconds. Enemies/allies can only be effected once per pulse by prisms (damage/healing do not stack, just extend distance), however enemies can receive damage from connecting beams as well as prisms. Each Prism lasts 10 seconds. Cooldown 12 seconds. (Short description could be something like: Throw an elysian prism which radiates energy that heals allies and harms enemies. Prisms connect to others nearby to increase effectiveness.)

Radiant Bastion (1) - Using your blessed shield, create a 5 block diameter area on the ground that reduces damage by 10% for all allies standing in it and damages and slows all enemies standing in it. Lasts for 10 seconds. Cooldown 40 seconds.

Blessing of the Goddess (2) - Invoke Elysia's blessings, with the following effects:
    1) Grants a 5% damage buff to allies within 10 blocks (including prisms) and -5% damage resistance debuff to all enemies within 10 blocks
    2) Heals all allies within 10 blocks for 10% max HP.
    3) Grants a shield with 50% of the Sunseeker's max HP to all allies within 10 blocks if the Sunseeker is under the effects of Radiant Bastion.
    The damage buff and damage resistance debuff increase by 2.5% and -2.5%, respectively, for each of your Sunseeker's Prisms within 10 blocks, and the heal increases by 5% per prism within 10 blocks. Lasts for 12 seconds. Cooldown 60 seconds. (Short description could be something like: Invoke Elysia's blessings, helping allies and hindering foes. The Sunseeker's other abilities increase its effectiveness.)

Rune of the Goddess (Class Gem) - Thrust attack on basic attack becomes a cone attack, and the area and intensity of the the pull during the "power-up" portion of the thrust is increased.

I think a playable Geodian class would be a good idea. Trove needs more new classes and biomes I reckon. But let's be real for a second. Trove devs will probably not look at this thread and take in the ideas that have been produced. Like the last gardening update, it would go something like this:

Players: Hey Trove, you should add a new class in the next update! I think it would be a great addition to the game and bring life to it again!

Trove: Lol here's a plant.

+ Reply to Thread