+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please Bring the Magic Trove Carpet in Luxion, @Devs

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    imagine having every item in the game but this 1 item you have 0 ways of getting.
    I'm 900 consecutively log in days on the ps4 with this 1 item missing from being top mastery.

it's pretty frustrating needing 1 item not available. even if live streaming comes back, I work during the day...
    While it indeed isn't great, there's always going to be certain things no one, or a very, VERY, small amount of people have. For all of gaming history that's almost always been the case with MMO's.

I don't think I've ever seen 1 person on any single game I've ever played have EVERYTHING that particular MMO has to offer. Less than 0.1% of an entire playerbase for ANY MMO game will have everything and Trove isn't an exception. Even some single player games suffer the same fate with limited pre-order bonuses or those that follow "First Come, First Serve" policies.

The fact is that there are so many items, so many things a game may offer such as in Trove's Case where you simply might never get everything the game has whether those items Do or Don't have Mastery tied to them. Take Yabaki for example. The Shadow variant of Ganda that less than 10 people throughout all of Trove's platform have. It is, by definition, the rarest mount the game has to offer. If memory serves right, I believe only a total of 4 people have it. All as part of a Promo Giveaway, where 2 people from PC and 1 from both consoles got it.

Even if it may not have to do with Mastery, the fact is, getting top anything is pointless and there's no real rhyme or reason to it. If you want to go for it then be my guest. If you think it's that important, considering tons and tons of ways to get more mastery will be released, then go ahead and keep hunting for points. But with over a dozen people already tied with first place for total mastery at current time of writing, at 121,707 points, there's just no reason to go for it.

Besides having bragging rights and being tied with number one, I can't see much usefulness in having that much Mastery. The game is already easy enough the way it is. We don't have much content that can even be considered hard and having that much mastery just turns the game into a cheap cake walk.

You're always going to end up being frustrated whether you have that 1 item or not. It's the promise of maybe one day getting that one item they're missing, that usually keeps people coming back. I myself have given up on that completionist outlook since the odds are overwhelmingly against you. The addition of Limited Promo items, Special Giveaway items, and perhaps even items Limited to a very select few players, all serve to instill the "never truly having every single item in the game" feeling that will just come back to bite me in the end.

I'm not telling you to give up on that, far from it actually. I just don't see the point in it. That's what I want to understand. You'd have to be around since the game was created and kept up to date on COUNTLESS amounts of in-game news and updates, and make time for every single thing that will allow you to get Mastery. That would be pretty difficult for someone who's only, relatively speaking, just started playing recently, roughly in the past 1 or 2 years. I started around early 2018, so odds are, I'll never have everything the game has to offer because there's already, undoubtedly that ONE item I missed out on in some far off Event or Giveaway that happened years ago.

If you want to enlighten me on it, I'd very much like to you hear your thoughts and opinions about as to why you have that set as a goal. The least I can do is hear you out on why you're aiming for something like that, which from my perspective, just seems so unachievable.

All trolling aside since you requested and have a great question.

Why, I'll guess you play on PC and have 0 idea who I am which is not unique but most end game players on the PS4 know me or have visited my club.
    I play trove for a few hours every day to unwind. With 0 details I have a pretty stressful day and enjoy the simple game play of trove to relax.

3 years ago I started playing trove as I really enjoy games where you collect things and you get to keep them as your bragging rights. Your not better then anyone else but you have this thing to brag about. I grew up running a end game WOW guild for about 10 years and when life got stressful I moved on as I did not have the time to run a guild correctly.

3 years into my collection of everything in trove I am not done but 4 1 item. Planning ahead for event items or limited time available items was for nothing.
    It seems complicated but it's not. Trove is very simple compared to most MMORPGs I've played. FFO I leanered Japanese so I could talk with people...
    I have always had a game in my life. I'm a gamer.

Have 0 way to get this item makes the game broken in my opinion. Event items etc all will make a appearance sooner or later. The carpet will not.
    Why collect everything? It's my win condition.

Did you play the alpha? Because if you didn't, then you don't have all the items.

Quote Originally Posted by p4rtial View Post
    Did you play the alpha? Because if you didn't, then you don't have all the items.

Yes I'm -50 mastery from top mastery. Think 8 people have top mastery. 1 person is -10 2 people are -50 then random.
    -10 is a event ally, poor Nado. Other -50 is gala and hes in the same boat I am.
    A big screw you from the game you supported by owning everything... 1000s spent for a big screw you on the last item....
    PR is clearly something these guys do not get at all.... Your top spenders, you f over.

If this item had a way of getting it, I would go do that,
    Currently the only way to get his item is to ask the devs.
    Wonder what would happen if 100 or 1000s of people started asking.

New event with a 10,000,000 flux reward? Send in a ticket or add a forum post or both? hmmm

Remember all those streamer dream 1 boxes used to give mastery. Patch notes from the very 1st geode...Removed mastery from all items granted by the Streamer Dream Box - this includes all allies under Streamer Dream along with the Robo Raptor mount and Balefire Wings. The Balefire Wings have additionally been moved to the Promo category rather than the Rare category.
    Solution is to follow suit and remove the mastery. Other option is to keep the mastery and bring it to Luxion. Either way the devs will need to do some coding.

Quote Originally Posted by geremiahkham View Post
    I don't know if they work for trion but seems odd that they also stated they have multiple codes available for my friends?
    Is a employee selling carpet codes? Is this person the 1 stopping this 1 item from being released so they can profit?
    Wonder how many codes they have sold? 100 USD per code is pretty large profit to want to keep going.

I'm top mastery now. Rank 1. Got my carpet mastery. Have a few friends who are looking to get the carpet now, they can take up the fight and ill back them up.

Yea, It takes some time, but not insanely impossible to get to the top 100 even on PC [seems #1 spots is a lot deeper on PC than some other places]. I'm basically 1 event ally 10 pts [Missing: Angry Poop Ally , lol] off #1 spot and it took about 1.5 years for me to get there. Someone is going to come and correct me that I'm 32 points off soon, which is true I suppose. The rest is all a click of a credit card. Although maybe I choose not to be #1 idk. I'm missing the Trovenblade for buy $100 worth of credits and need to spend something like $370 more on the game for the top loyalty badge.

8.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlli View Post
    Remember all those streamer dream 1 boxes used to give mastery. Patch notes from the very 1st geode...Removed mastery from all items granted by the Streamer Dream Box - this includes all allies under Streamer Dream along with the Robo Raptor mount and Balefire Wings. The Balefire Wings have additionally been moved to the Promo category rather than the Rare category.
    Solution is to follow suit and remove the mastery. Other option is to keep the mastery and bring it to Luxion. Either way the devs will need to do some coding.
    This is some great feedback and options to help with this issue. I'll see with the team to figure out what we can do, and also hope we have some future streams down the line. Thanks everyone for you input for this concern, we can try to avoid having mastery in future promo items.

+ Reply to Thread