+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please Bring the Magic Trove Carpet in Luxion, @Devs

Any ETA on when the livestreams will start?

Banned
    1. No 1 rides the carpet. 0 people.
    Having 0 people use this give away item does 0 for advertising live streams

2. Only people who talk about the carpet talk about it negatively as they need the mastery or a peer does.
    Your getting 100 percent the opposite out come irl your looking for.

3. No one has ever watched a trove live stream because they thought it was great content. Watching people who have 0 idea how a game is played or how the live stream system works is funny but a waste of time.
    If we see you on the live stream I really hope you have a skilled player if your not and a real streamer to guide you.

4. You guys clearly think you need to bribe people to watch by holding the carpet above our heads like cheese to a rat. yes that's how it feels, never been pissed off ever at a game till this fing carpet sham... it's ridiculous dude... Ok.
    You need custom stream costumes....
    Why?
    People will really use them and advertise the streams 4 you.
    Ok how to make a really cool costume everyone will want.
    Make it with the code of hair so people can pick the colour they want it to be..... Not cool enough.. it fits all 16 classes..... not cool enough... omg dude the live stream costume changes color.... When's the live stream.... Have it have 0 mastery...... cool bra.....

carpet bring little to no one.... a real cosmetic item that's unique will...

I think this whole topic is being blown waaaaaaay out of proportion now.

I get that items obtained from Live Streams, The Store, or other exclusive or otherwise unfavorable methods, WITH Mastery is a bad move on the Devs part. Totally understandable and I can see why people would be upset. But now it's just turning into an argument that I can only see going out of control even further.

I know it sucks to have items with Mastery implemented into the game through terrible means such as this, but c'mon. Trove isn't the first game to do this at all. Do I agree with it? No. Obviously not. But should there be all this bickering and whining over something as simple as just asking, "Hey, can you guys please change the mount so that it's a bit fairer to the rest of the player base?" After that, give your reasons as to why you want certain things changed and why it would be a good idea. Then Garner support from other players and bring it attention to the Devs. This whole thread is starting to go Sour.

I'm aware that Mastery is a very important thing for the game, but let's be honest here. What difference are 50 Mastery Points going to make in the grand scheme of things? Especially within a sea of people who have well over 70,000 Mastery Points. I still don't agree with it, but it's probably not the first time the Devs have done something similar. There are tons of ways to continue gaining points. You don't really need to have promo items, exclusives, or giveaway items to get more. Would it help? Sure. Is it a necessity? No, not really. Not in my opinion.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts on the matter. If the mount has it's Mastery removed, or it comes to Luxion, or they do something else, then hey, congrats. If it doesn't, what are you gonna do? I think it's best to move on by now. Plenty of players have already made it clear, they want this changed, best to lay the thread to rest and see if the Devs listen or not. No point in bringing up an argument that you've already stated several times over.
    IGN: Hyperiem |Main Club: Shangri La | Main Class: Vanguardian - Power Rank: +32K | Total Mastery: +550 | Total Hours: +2000

R.A.F. - Want to jump in the fun? Use this link to get a head start and build on! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf | Total Referrals: 0

Banned
    No, it's not bickering and whiny.
    It's a reasonable request from people being ignored. Real people who think they are right don't just say ya OK sorry to bother you. A real person keeps trying new ways to make a point heard when they know they are correct.
    No reason to have this carpet have mastery for these LS that might happen one day maybe.

You can illustrate your point just fine by asking developers and getting the support you need from other players. Being unnecessarily aggressive, doesn't help anyone. Not You, Not the Devs, Not the Players. If you want to make your points loud and clear, there are ways to do it without being so impudent. MIGHT you have a good reason and solid points? Perhaps. Does that mean we need to start acting like an angry mob because they neglect or refuse to change what's there? No. There's no point to being mad or angry about something as small as this because odds are, nine times out of ten, it just leads to chaos.

What difference is getting mad and upset from bickering and whining? The two are practically indistinguishable given the current context... Especially when I said immediately afterwards: "Hey, can you guys please change the mount so that it's a bit fairer to the rest of the player base?"

That's it... That's all you need to make a thread about. Ask for the Mount to be obtained through different means, remove the Mastery, or simply do something else. There's really no need to bring up points that don't even further your argument past that. What do Livestreams have to do with the mount besides only being obtainable from them?

1) Don't say that NO ONE rides the carpet because you don't speak for the people who get it let alone the player base as a whole.

2) I've never even heard of the carpet before now and have yet to see a commotion about it spring up on Global in the entire time it's been out. If the issue was as major as you make it out to be, there'd be a lot more people upset about it in-game (Where more players are active mind you) than here on the forums.

3) Again, you don't speak for everyone who DO watch the Livestreams so don't make that assumption.

4) Using "Bribery" as point of argument is ridiculous when tons of other, far larger games, make copious amounts of Livestreams with giveaways and loot. If it's considered bribery here, it may as well be considered bribery with every other game company that does it. Think of items in other games that don't grant anything besides a purely cosmetic reward. Is it still bribery or just player choice? These are more like incentives than a bribe, which is typically a serious dishonest play (even possibly illegal) from any party involved.

These points are shoddily put together at best and just have an overall rude tone to it rather than anything actually constructively put together. If you want to make further legitimate points, then do so now. Don't just throw things together because you see them that way. It's a purely subjective viewpoint.

We're talking about the Mastery behind the Magic Trove Carpet right? Not the Livestreams themselves. So those points are also practically moot by default.

Instead, consider:

1) Mastery is an important chunk of the game and locking it behind Giveaways, Store Items, etc. Is a somewhat Scummy Practice to commit to and should be changed.

2) Mastery Points become increasingly difficult to obtain late game. Locking them behind items such as these makes progression slightly more difficult for those who don't attend to such events, or want to invest their money into the game.

3) Having Mastery tied to Giveaways, Store Items, or Promotional Standings is a move that will make many players feel left out because they may not even be able to partake in such things due to personal circumstances.

I could go on, but you get the idea. Anyway, these are valid issues that should be addressed in this thread. Livestream problems or Scummy Practices should be addressed in a separate thread altogether.

Banned
    You lost me sorry, don't tell me how to feel or act and I won't tell you.
    The second you went off topic I stopped caring what your point was.

other then your needing to attack me. Do you acculy have a valid reason you think these mounts should stay unavailable to people?
    0 way to get them.

Fyi this is the 10th time this subject has come up. 1st time your polite... 10th time your frustrated

I have not attacked you in the slightest. I have no idea where you got that notion from.

All I did was state why your points weren't good and why they would not hold up given the current argument. If you wish to disregard them completely, then fine, so be it. I've given you fair points to use as substitution to yours. If anything I'm trying to help you here without causing a ruckus. I think I've been very polite so far and I don't know why you'd think I'd be attacking you or anyone for that matter. The fact that you think I'm attacking you proves that you're running on a subjective viewpoint rather than an objective one.

Not once have I insulted you or said anything that would constitute as disrespectful. Not once did I go off topic into some random tangent. I gave you examples on what valid reasons should be brought up and how this whole issue should be addressed. Behave however you want, it makes no difference to me. All it does is paint a picture of you or those involved. But my points have not changed since I first commented on the subject.

The thread is going in a terrible direction and I explained why. Again I said what I needed to say and gave examples on ways to treat the actual problem, which is Mastery being locked to specific methods that revolve around Scummy Practices and Mishandled Methods.

If I lost you there then that's it. Argument's over. I can't talk to another party that refuses to listen.

As for your question, No. I don't think the mounts should stay unavailable to people. But ultimately that's not my choice to make. Many other games have done the exact same thing. Singling out Trove and its Devs for doing it makes no sense. Not when thousands upon thousands of other games have made the same and arguably worse decisions. Remember the EA Battlefront fiasco? Lots of overpowered and really terribly balanced things came out of that game because there were tons of players who were taken advantage of. It was clear how terrible EA was running things considering how all you had to do was fork up some cash and get an instant advantage over other players. This just stands to be one of the few examples of a terrible case of gambling for items that broke the game heavily.

And to show just how bad EA was running things. They even went under Criminal Investigation under the Belgian Government for using such Scummy Practices after laws regarding gambling and loot boxes were put into place.

The Magic Trove Carpet by comparison, feels more like an Incentive to keep up to date with Content and Livestreams than an issue of the above mentioned caliber. Is it good the way it is currently in the game? Probably not. Does that make it the worse thing in existence? Far, far from it. Lots of worse things than that have been done before. I don't understand why the thread has to go into an "angry mob" direction, attacking Devs for something this simple. Doesn't make any sense.

Just ask for change and get support. If enough players want something done differently and the voice is loud enough, then change WILL happen.

Banned
    oh lol. I'm being ridiculous purposefully.
    I already know they won't give the mount or remove the mastery.
    We have been down this road.

our GMs run a lot of different games, they have 0 idea what were talking about when we talk about trove.
    If they try and play trove during the live streams without learning the game........ will be a fasti 2.0....

I see threads like this, and personally I have to laugh. Unless your trying for a purple name, there are thousands of mastery points that is not needed to get a Yellow, Orange, or Blue name. Luxion has IMO turned into a joke due to neglect from the Devs in the last year when Luxion repeated the same items on Multiple trips. They could very easily add in a lot more items to be available for purchase from Luxion than they do now if they really wanted to. If you look at the laundry list of items that are no longer available to newer players, it would take Luxion more time that Trove has been released to make all of those items available when they only allow 8 items per trip.

This is a guess on my part, but I don't think that there is anyone that is in charge of figuring out the Luxion offerings and knowing what is going to be available on Luxion for the next several months/years in order to bring all of those unavailable items back to the game.

Thorvik

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    I see threads like this, and personally I have to laugh. Unless your trying for a purple name, there are thousands of mastery points that is not needed to get a Yellow, Orange, or Blue name. Luxion has IMO turned into a joke due to neglect from the Devs in the last year when Luxion repeated the same items on Multiple trips. They could very easily add in a lot more items to be available for purchase from Luxion than they do now if they really wanted to. If you look at the laundry list of items that are no longer available to newer players, it would take Luxion more time that Trove has been released to make all of those items available when they only allow 8 items per trip.

This is a guess on my part, but I don't think that there is anyone that is in charge of figuring out the Luxion offerings and knowing what is going to be available on Luxion for the next several months/years in order to bring all of those unavailable items back to the game.

Thorvik
    imagine having every item in the game but this 1 item you have 0 ways of getting.
    I'm 900 consecutively log in days on the ps4 with this 1 item missing from being top mastery.

it's pretty frustrating needing 1 item not available. even if live streaming comes back, I work during the day...

+ Reply to Thread