+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golden ticket chests/Golden vale dragon egg fragments/Lesser geodian topside caches

Exclamation Golden ticket chests/Golden vale dragon egg fragments/Lesser geodian topside caches

Hi,

This thread is about the problem with Golden ticket chests, Lesser geodian topside caches and their loot table.

As you know the Lesser geodian topside caches' loot table is:
    Common:
    1 crystalline core
    Uncommon:
    5 crystalline cores
    10 forge fragments
    1 pearl of wisdom
    Rare:
    Tome: forge fragment formulae
    1 bound brilliance
    100 forge fragments
    20 crystalline cores

The loot table of Golden ticket chests:
    Common:
    1 glittering horseshoe
    1 water gem dust box
    1 fire gem dust box
    1 air gem dust box
    1 cosmic gem dust box
    1 style surprise
    1 super recipe stash
    1 golden vale dragon egg fragment
    Uncommon:
    1 double experience potion
    5-10 dragon coins
    5 golden vale dragon egg fragments
    Rare:
    10 golden vale dragon egg fragments
    1 panda talisman
    1 Hyper pinata EX
    1 golden companion egg
    10 super mount stashes

So the problem with the Lesser Geodian topside caches is... the 1 bound brilliance as rare drop...
    Its totally nonsense!
    As an uncommon it would be kinda oke but as a RARE!?
    If it would be 10 it would be better, like..only 1? Really?

And the Golden ticket chests... Golden vale dragon egg fragments? I mean... it is a very good idea to let players get dragon egg fragments through boxes sometimes!
    But not like this..
    The drop chance of the chests is very low.
    And this is one of the easiest dragons you can get in the game.
    So I would like to suggest an idea which would be a new loot box about only dragon egg fragments.
    And instead of golden vale dragon egg fragments you would get:
    Common: 1 box of the dragons
    Uncommon: 5 boxes of the dragons
    Rare: 10 boxes of the dragons

These boxes would contain only:
    Common: 1 dragon egg fragment (only fragments that drop from enemies/ores/entities)
    The types of fragments it could drop:blossoming, spinner, preserver, starfire, iridescent, kami, honeybreeze, sagely blue dragonscale, pirate, deepsea, candorian, floral, ice, bubble, sandseasower, golden vale.

I think this would be a good change especially with the Golden ticket chests.
    Feel free to leave any new ideas ^-^

Lightbulb These Boxes Need Change.

I agree that some of the boxes out there really need to be addressed. Currently the items they have are honestly just utter nonsense. Alright so given what's listed, here's what I think would be a good change of pace from what we currently have in accordance to those boxes.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

For Lesser Geode Topside Caches

Instead of:

Common:
    1 crystalline core

Uncommon:
    5 crystalline cores
    10 forge fragments
    1 pearl of wisdom

Rare:
    Tome: forge fragment formulae
    1 bound brilliance
    100 forge fragments
    20 crystalline cores

Consider:

Common:
    1 Crystalline Core
    10 Forge Fragments

Uncommon:
    5 Crystalline Cores
    25 Forge Fragments

Rare:
    20 Crystalline Cores
    100 Forge Fragments
    Geode Style Stash
    Tome: Forge Fragment Formulae

Very Rare:
    200 Crystalline Cores
    1,000 Forge Fragments
    5 Geode Style Stashes
    Tome: Crystalline Core Compendium

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

For Golden Ticket Chests

Instead of:

Common:
    1 glittering horseshoe
    1 water gem dust box
    1 fire gem dust box
    1 air gem dust box
    1 cosmic gem dust box
    1 style surprise
    1 super recipe stash
    1 golden vale dragon egg fragment

Uncommon:
    1 double experience potion
    5-10 dragon coins
    5 golden vale dragon egg fragments

Rare:
    10 golden vale dragon egg fragments
    1 panda talisman
    1 Hyper pinata EX
    1 golden companion egg
    10 super mount stashes

Consider:

Common:
    1 Gem Booster Box
    1 Style Surprise
    1 Super Recipe Stash
    2,500 Flux

Uncommon:
    1 Bronze Companion Egg
    5-10 Dragon Coins
    5-10 Lapis Luckbugs
    1 Empowered Gem Box
    1 Double Experience Potion

Rare:
    1 Silver Companion Egg
    5 Super Mount Stashes
    5 Lustrous Gem Boxes
    35 Chaos Chests
    5 Greater Dragon Caches
    1 Tradeable Dormant Worldspring Dragon Egg

(1/750 Chance)
    Very Rare:

1 Golden Companion Egg
    1 Tradeable Hyper Pinata EX Token (Redeemable for the Hyper Pinata EX Mount)
    10 Golden Chaos Chests

(1/100,000,000,000 Chance)
    Super Rare:

1 Tradeable Draconic Superiority Complex
    1 Tradeable It's Raining More Mounts!
    1 Ten Year Patron Pass
    100,000,000 Flux

I think these changes would be far more worthwhile than what players are currently getting. Most people are not happy with the specific selection of these boxes and it's not hard to see why. Much of what is in those boxes are already either easily obtainable or not worth the current reward tier.

I mean seriously? 10 Golden Vale Dragon Egg Fragments as a RARE reward? I could farm 100 of those in the span of an hour! This is one of the worst examples that currently exists. It's not great and I really wish they would change what we currently have even if it's not what I have above. Not like it can get much worse anyway.

Regardless these are just my opinions but I'm open to what anyone else thinks about my suggestion.
    IGN: Hyperiem |Main Club: Shangri La | Main Class: Vanguardian - Power Rank: +32K | Total Mastery: +550 | Total Hours: +2000

R.A.F. - Want to jump in the fun? Use this link to get a head start and build on! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf | Total Referrals: 0

People complained last year about the golden vale dragon egg fragments in the chests too. Obviously nothing changed and it never will. They refuse to listen to feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperiem View Post

Rare:
    100 Golden Vale Dragon Egg Fragments

Even if you give 100 of those, no! Just no....

Compare the time that you need to farm crystallized clouds with the time that you need to get 70 Golden Sunfest Chests by killing Pinatas. If you want that dragon then you are always faster by going into Sky Realm.

You said something about 1 hour for 100 frags. I farmed my 100 in 21 minutes when that dragon was published. Other people can confirm that it is easily obtainable within a half hour.

Idk about you, but in a half hour, I don't get 70 Golden Sunfest Chests... These specific dragon fragments just need to go away from that chest. One solution would be a golden dragon egg for that dragon, so you can still wight the necessary dragon coins into the formula. But those fragments are just aweful.

Actually I like david's idea about a dragon fragment chest. Though, the 3 world boss dragons must not be inside there either since you have an easy time getting them by farming along with many other people on dragon day in dragon chat. All other named dragons are actually worth to be inside such a chest.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlexanderNULL View Post
    I farmed my 100 in 21 minutes when that dragon was published. Other people can confirm that it is easily obtainable within a half hour.
    I remember getting mine in under 30 min as well. The only reason Trion added the Golden Vale frags was exactly this reason, it IS the easiest dragon to farm. It was just another slap in the face decision by a terribly run company that is now out of business. If Gamigo wants to differentiate itself from Trion, then they need to start making decisions that don't leave the playerbase shaking it's collective head so often. All they needed to do was replace the Golden Vale frags with the Starfire frags and triple the amount received. Players are honestly owed this, as this dragon has just become a big joke at this point. And don't wait until next year, do it NOW!

I like the idea.

Even if you give 100 of those, no! Just no....

Compare the time that you need to farm crystallized clouds with the time that you need to get 70 Golden Sunfest Chests by killing Pinatas. If you want that dragon then you are always faster by going into Sky Realm.

You said something about 1 hour for 100 frags. I farmed my 100 in 21 minutes when that dragon was published. Other people can confirm that it is easily obtainable within a half hour.

Idk about you, but in a half hour, I don't get 70 Golden Sunfest Chests... These specific dragon fragments just need to go away from that chest. One solution would be a golden dragon egg for that dragon, so you can still wight the necessary dragon coins into the formula. But those fragments are just aweful.

Actually I like david's idea about a dragon fragment chest. Though, the 3 world boss dragons must not be inside there either since you have an easy time getting them by farming along with many other people on dragon day in dragon chat. All other named dragons are actually worth to be inside such a chest.
    I only left it in there because I know the Devs would be hellbent on keeping those fragments in there regardless of what I personally think. Instead I just rewrote the numbers. Taking your feedback into account, I made a change to add an additional 40 Golden Vale Fragments to the Common Table while removing any Golden Vale Drops from the other 3 reward tiers.

Don't get me wrong, I also agree that those fragments should honestly not even be there in the first place. But Ultimately it's what the Devs want for their game. All we can do is try to persuade them. I've also added a new Rarity Tier, so tell me what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperiem View Post
    I only left it in there because I know the Devs would be hellbent on keeping those fragments in there regardless of what I personally think. Instead I just rewrote the numbers. Taking your feedback into account, I made a change to add an additional 40 Golden Vale Fragments to the Common Table while removing any Golden Vale Drops from the other 3 reward tiers.

Don't get me wrong, I also agree that those fragments should honestly not even be there in the first place. But Ultimately it's what the Devs want for their game. All we can do is try to persuade them. I've also added a new Rarity Tier, so tell me what you think.

,,Rare" is the pool that you get with a filled karma bar.

So, no to 20 chaos chests and 1 silver egg. If those were Golden Chaos Chests, then it would be a powerful strike. I rather have like 5-10 Goldens than 20 normal ones here.

Silver egg would be more fitting at the uncommon category, but this again would make this box too valuable with a lot of silver eggs. So I would leave the silver egg away and keep the golden egg at rare.

Dormant World Spring Egg sounds good, the 5 Greater Dracon Caches, too. 5 Lustrous are also perfect like that.

10 Mount Stashes would be too much though. This should be like 1 or a max of 3. But 1 would be definitelly a better thing here. Given it can unlock so much without any cost.

About very Rare: Why do you even want this to be there? Why adding a rarity above karma strike? Those things should be in the Rare pool.

About Super Rare: No, those things are far too overpowered. Please drop the idea. Even if it is only 1 play in the whole event getting that.... 100 mil flux? 10 YEARS of patron??? Just imagine the impact on the game if anyone would actually get that crap. I am completelly against that rarity and all the rewards that come along with it.

Uncommon pool:
    Hmm, sounds good, except 1 thing:

Bronze Eggs have a similar feeling like Golden Vale Fragments. It would only be interesting for people who absolutelly never want to ever do Geode Caves. Everyone else can easily get tons of those things. Silver eggs directly would feel too high though. I would put 'Promising Bronze Eggs' in there, which are slightly less valuable than direct silver eggs.

About Common Pool:

Exchanging horseshoes with gem booster box is a nice idea.

But why do you want to leave only cosmic gem dust in there? All Gem dust is needed to upgrade gems. And exspecially the elemental dust is required to craft augmentations. In fact, this is where cosmic gem dust is useless at. Just keep all 4 dusts inside.

And about Golden Vale fragments... those are just an eye sore.... If you make that 50 instead of 1, then it just equals 1000 flux value after throwing that junk inside the loot collector. On the other side, 1k flux is a good value as a common reward in boxes. But it still feels like a rip off.... Better go with David's idea of Dragon Fragment Boxes here.

About the other part of your post:
    We are at the point where we can differentiate of what the 'former' company wanted and what the current company wants.

The former wanted emberassingly easy fragments inside those boxes. The current just took what already was inside the game. We can totally count that they just left it like things had been. But this does not mean that they are happy with the current thing as it is right now. Or they are not aware of it. Giving constructive critism will help most here. Nothing is nailed in stone, so make a suggestion of what you think how things really should be and support it constructively, open for dialogue and see where things go to

,,Rare" is the pool that you get with a filled karma bar.

So, no to 20 chaos chests and 1 silver egg. If those were Golden Chaos Chests, then it would be a powerful strike. I rather have like 5-10 Goldens than 20 normal ones here.

Silver egg would be more fitting at the uncommon category, but this again would make this box too valuable with a lot of silver eggs. So I would leave the silver egg away and keep the golden egg at rare.

Dormant World Spring Egg sounds good, the 5 Greater Dracon Caches, too. 5 Lustrous are also perfect like that.

10 Mount Stashes would be too much though. This should be like 1 or a max of 3. But 1 would be definitelly a better thing here. Given it can unlock so much without any cost.

About very Rare: Why do you even want this to be there? Why adding a rarity above karma strike? Those things should be in the Rare pool.

About Super Rare: No, those things are far too overpowered. Please drop the idea. Even if it is only 1 play in the whole event getting that.... 100 mil flux? 10 YEARS of patron??? Just imagine the impact on the game if anyone would actually get that crap. I am completelly against that rarity and all the rewards that come along with it.

Uncommon pool:
    Hmm, sounds good, except 1 thing:

Bronze Eggs have a similar feeling like Golden Vale Fragments. It would only be interesting for people who absolutelly never want to ever do Geode Caves. Everyone else can easily get tons of those things. Silver eggs directly would feel too high though. I would put 'Promising Bronze Eggs' in there, which are slightly less valuable than direct silver eggs.

About Common Pool:

Exchanging horseshoes with gem booster box is a nice idea.

But why do you want to leave only cosmic gem dust in there? All Gem dust is needed to upgrade gems. And exspecially the elemental dust is required to craft augmentations. In fact, this is where cosmic gem dust is useless at. Just keep all 4 dusts inside.

And about Golden Vale fragments... those are just an eye sore.... If you make that 50 instead of 1, then it just equals 1000 flux value after throwing that junk inside the loot collector. On the other side, 1k flux is a good value as a common reward in boxes. But it still feels like a rip off.... Better go with David's idea of Dragon Fragment Boxes here.

About the other part of your post:
    We are at the point where we can differentiate of what the 'former' company wanted and what the current company wants.

The former wanted emberassingly easy fragments inside those boxes. The current just took what already was inside the game. We can totally count that they just left it like things had been. But this does not mean that they are happy with the current thing as it is right now. Or they are not aware of it. Giving constructive critism will help most here. Nothing is nailed in stone, so make a suggestion of what you think how things really should be and support it constructively, open for dialogue and see where things go to
    I'll let you in on my thought process as to why I picked what I picked and why I added what I added. I did make a slight few more adjustments however, according to your feedback, I honestly also forgot to remove the cosmic gem dust box. I wasn't focused on the Common Rarity and it slipped my glances. Anyway, moving on.

For the Eggs: I added all 3 Tier Eggs precisely so that players who DON'T like doing geode caves and avoid it like the plague, have a chance to obtain companions they may not already own, either because they can't be bothered to run geode caves for hours to get more, or they don't want to have to go through multiple cave tiers to get that one Silver or Golden Egg.

For Very Rare: I honestly don't agree with the fact that the new Hyper Pinata EX should be in there. It's supposed to be the new hyped up mount made specifically for this event. Simply filling up a Karma bar shouldn't the way to obtain it in my opinion. It should be one of the rarer things to come as part of the event. Golden Eggs also shouldn't be in the Rare tier in my opinion. They can sometimes be a pain to come across in Geode Caves and filling up a Karma bar shouldn't allow you to get one. It would be too easy if you ask me.

For Super Rare: The reason for adding this tier was simple. I wanted to make the boxes far more enticing for players to want to farm for them. I wanted the reward potential to be massive but also practically speaking, insurmountably difficult to get. As a matter of fact, previous Sunfest Events had Draconic Superiority Complexes and Raining Mount Boxes. And those were only in the "Very Rare" Tier, which I certainly didn't agree with. Which is one reason I decided to make this new rarity tier for them. The second being the 100M Flux and 10 Year Patron Pass. You said this would break the game if tons of players got this, however I want to make one thing as clear as day as to why that won't happen. For starters, I intended this Tier to be something that you should never, ever, in a million years expect to get. This Rarity Tier is basically the equivalent of a lotto reward and the Golden Ticket Chest your literal ticket chance at getting them. To be even clearer, this is what I was thinking about for a drop chance: Your odds of getting just ONE of these rewards would be very strictly speaking, 1 in 100,000,000,000. For comparison sake, your odds of winning the actual real life lottery is more than x1000 better at nearly 1 in 14,000,000. Now I don't know about you but I think the rewards for hitting that jackpot are well worth leaving in there considering how it's waaay more than possible they may never be obtained by even 1 person throughout PC, Xbox, or PS4. It's THAT rare.

Realistically speaking the impact of even 10 people getting such rewards would hardly effect the game for the entire playerbase as a whole. Only 2 of those items I've listed as tradeable, and they've appeared before in the past. The Ten Year Patron Pass is untradeable. And the Flux? 100M sounds pretty good considering you have a 1/100B chance to even get into the Super Rare tier along with 1/4 chance to get that 100M specifically and not one of the other three Super Rares.

Anything else regarding my posts may just come down to simple disagreements in what we think would be acceptable as a reward. I know you may still not like the entire list despite several changes but let's be honest here. Everyone disagrees with everyone on many points so you wouldn't be the first. This is what I think would work. But you may not have the same thoughts. That's just how testing works. Not that this will ever be implemented in the game, but hey, why not humor the community a bit then am I right?

Anyway, cheers!

+ Reply to Thread