+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sunfest on Xbox one, Pro's, Con's Thoughts and Questions about lack of Announcements

Sunfest on Xbox one, Pro's, Con's Thoughts and Questions about lack of Announcements

This will be a long post...also my Grammar may be a little off.

First I would like to Thank the Devs on not including anything regarding BR to this questline as well as keeping it open to all levels of players (as nothing was locked behind a 5* dungeon requirement). For this I am extremely grateful. While the 5* dungeon req wouldn't really effect me as a player much, it would alienate a good portion of the player base, which is why I'm appreciative that such a req. wasn't added to this event.

and Secondly, before I get into the Event itself, I would like to ask if any notification of the event was posted anywhere on the Forums at all? As of right now I have yet to find any post about it, and didn't even know there was going to be an event till just before reset last night due to chatter in-game. I do not use twitter, nor have any other method of seeing official posts outside of Trove's Forums, and up till recently it has been enough to keep up to date on the goings ons. If the official forums will no longer be used to keep the players in the loop about future updates it would be nice to have some heads-up.

As for the Event itself:

Descriptions for some of the quests left many people asking questions, and through trial and error and passing of info from player to player the questions are easily answered it could still use some work. The quests themselves were different, and a nice change compared to previous quests. Choosing a 'house' put an element into the game that brought about friendly jests of which is better etc. In truth the buffs do not make a substantial difference to make one absolutely better than the others, and that is a good thing. Not to mention that the cake (food) gives the buffs in a way that no matter what house you take you will not lose out on x buff. A nice touch to include the new garden update and make use of the food slot. Plus the use of a slot that has long since been forgotten (the banner slot) and it would be good to see this slot used more in the future.

An Example of a quest that is in need of improved explanations is the 'mysterious portal' quest. By the description it sounds as though it will randomly show up during one of the hourly quests (a 'few' being a very very vague descriptor, when people work / schooling [summer school etc.] this can be very disheartening) with time info passed from players that it is at xx:30 or in other words a random hour at the 30 min mark. No one knows exactly which hour which is a common question floating in global and club chats. If the description could be altered to better represent which section of time the quest will appear it would be a great help to those answering the same question over and over (such as half hour mark). - will return to this quest topic in a moment-

Next quest and function that had the most reactions while completing the event was the pinata quest (break pinatas from coins that are donated etc.). The rate of pin to coin is very .. variable. It's not a 1 to 1, so using donated coins is not a very consistent way to complete this quest. However most can complete it by hovering around in the hub while others complete the 15 coin donation quest. Unsure if this is intentional or a side effect. Due to this the hubs become quickly populated and stay that way for some time, slowly creating a lag-fest of pins breaking and people running around trying to get in hits. Inevitably this pushes people closer to the npcs, which in turn helps cause the major traffic jam of trying to -talk- to the npcs. While completing quests quite a few people were hanging out in hubs till they emptied then held onto them just to invite people to a hub where they could interact with the npcs without the major cluster of people. We found a work-around, yes, though it still poses issues for those without connections to people doing such a work around. I am unsure how this could be resolved as I do not know all the factors that add into it aside from what is visible.

Mystery Portal Quest Functions, Pros and Player Issues:

The Mystery portal when it does appear lasts for about 20 minutes. During this time you can enter the portal : Which takes you to a ST #3 like boss room. When people spawn in many, sadly, immediately hit the skulls without bothering to wait for other players to join in. No Matter Your PR You Only Do 1 Damage!!! (this is a note for all the players who Don't know this). Albiet it is a nice use of the rampage god mechanic, but it is not understood by most players. Thus: When they hit the skull with only 2 or 3 players in the boss area and people are still spawning into the room, those who spawn after it is started spawn in dead - just like in ST's- This is Infuriating as many times you end up spending most of the 20 minutes you have looking at a res screen waiting for the people below to listen to those stuck above for them to just /respawn so the rest of the players can help fight the boss.

Fighting the boss solo or with a small group doesn't get you any special rewards

With only 20 minutes to complete the boss and collect the reward, having to wait 9 to 15 minutes for 2 people to slowly fight their way to the end is nerve grating. I beg, if at all possible (or if not for this one then for future updates) to please make it start semi like the hourly quests / br (fill up to a certain point, then allow you to enter the portal to start the boss fight). This will prevent most of the wait times people are experiencing with the boss fights, and help negate the aggravation that many players are enduring.

Also, when you do complete the boss, there is a very small npc that spawns in. Players Need to talk to it to get the final bits of the quest, and he is easily overlooked, covered by the loot or the chest remains. It's a very small, visual thing that can easily be ignored if need be, more of a 'quality of life' addition. Just voicing what I have noticed from various chats.

The banners that drop are a nice touch. They don't add anything substantial to the game, but they are nice deco pieces for the characters and something to remember the event by, which for collectors is a big thing.

Leaderboards: Yes, they are still broken. That isn't my concern with them: My concern is that the new coin leaderboard listings have no rewards listed for them. We can click on them, but we see no rewards, and such it feels a waste to donate the coins to a leaderboard when we don't know what we are vying for. Even if it isn't posted in game it would be nice to have a small list of what the rewards are for them posted via the forums.

Final Thoughts

All in all this update has been a nice change; using mechanics that are from many sections of the game and bring them together to have a little touch of the old and the new. Some sections of the event are confusing to players based on how it is written in the descriptions, and how the npc's react to the players, which is something that can be worked on for the future. I do hope to see both similar and new styles of quests that stray from the 'defeat x pr locked dungeons [ such as 5*'s are basically pr locked to 5k pr and above , neglecting the lower pr players entierly] ). Plus some mechanics need to be looked at for how to better implement them in the future with active players (maybe put some styles or test various mechanics via the testing server on PC if nothing else just to see how they might interact with players and what possible issues might arise from various mechanics, even though console players wont be able to participate in such a experiment it would help all players on all systems equally, or potentially anyways).

If you have read through my entire post I thank you for taking the time to do so. Please feel free to add your thoughts/ critiques etc below. It would be nice to have a discussion so that issues arisen from this event can be combated in different ways for future events. Without change we stagnate.

-I have never posted a post from scratch before.. so I am unsure what, if any tags to place on this. (or what tags are even used on these forums).-

~Zoranza

Quote Originally Posted by zoranza View Post
    this will be a long post...also my grammar may be a little off.

first i would like to thank the devs on not including anything regarding br to this questline as well as keeping it open to all levels of players (as nothing was locked behind a 5* dungeon requirement). For this i am extremely grateful. While the 5* dungeon req wouldn't really effect me as a player much, it would alienate a good portion of the player base, which is why i'm appreciative that such a req. Wasn't added to this event.

And secondly, before i get into the event itself, i would like to ask if any notification of the event was posted anywhere on the forums at all? As of right now i have yet to find any post about it, and didn't even know there was going to be an event till just before reset last night due to chatter in-game. I do not use twitter, nor have any other method of seeing official posts outside of trove's forums, and up till recently it has been enough to keep up to date on the goings ons. If the official forums will no longer be used to keep the players in the loop about future updates it would be nice to have some heads-up.

as for the event itself:

descriptions for some of the quests left many people asking questions, and through trial and error and passing of info from player to player the questions are easily answered it could still use some work. The quests themselves were different, and a nice change compared to previous quests. Choosing a 'house' put an element into the game that brought about friendly jests of which is better etc. In truth the buffs do not make a substantial difference to make one absolutely better than the others, and that is a good thing. Not to mention that the cake (food) gives the buffs in a way that no matter what house you take you will not lose out on x buff. A nice touch to include the new garden update and make use of the food slot. Plus the use of a slot that has long since been forgotten (the banner slot) and it would be good to see this slot used more in the future.

an example of a quest that is in need of improved explanations is the 'mysterious portal' quest. By the description it sounds as though it will randomly show up during one of the hourly quests (a 'few' being a very very vague descriptor, when people work / schooling [summer school etc.] this can be very disheartening) with time info passed from players that it is at xx:30 or in other words a random hour at the 30 min mark. No one knows exactly which hour which is a common question floating in global and club chats. If the description could be altered to better represent which section of time the quest will appear it would be a great help to those answering the same question over and over (such as half hour mark). - will return to this quest topic in a moment-

next quest and function that had the most reactions while completing the event was the pinata quest (break pinatas from coins that are donated etc.). The rate of pin to coin is very .. Variable. It's not a 1 to 1, so using donated coins is not a very consistent way to complete this quest. However most can complete it by hovering around in the hub while others complete the 15 coin donation quest. Unsure if this is intentional or a side effect. Due to this the hubs become quickly populated and stay that way for some time, slowly creating a lag-fest of pins breaking and people running around trying to get in hits. Inevitably this pushes people closer to the npcs, which in turn helps cause the major traffic jam of trying to -talk- to the npcs. While completing quests quite a few people were hanging out in hubs till they emptied then held onto them just to invite people to a hub where they could interact with the npcs without the major cluster of people. We found a work-around, yes, though it still poses issues for those without connections to people doing such a work around. I am unsure how this could be resolved as i do not know all the factors that add into it aside from what is visible.

mystery portal quest functions, pros and player issues:

the mystery portal when it does appear lasts for about 20 minutes. During this time you can enter the portal : Which takes you to a st #3 like boss room. When people spawn in many, sadly, immediately hit the skulls without bothering to wait for other players to join in. no matter your pr you only do 1 damage!!! (this is a note for all the players who don't know this). Albiet it is a nice use of the rampage god mechanic, but it is not understood by most players. Thus: When they hit the skull with only 2 or 3 players in the boss area and people are still spawning into the room, those who spawn after it is started spawn in dead - just like in st's- this is infuriating as many times you end up spending most of the 20 minutes you have looking at a res screen waiting for the people below to listen to those stuck above for them to just /respawn so the rest of the players can help fight the boss.

fighting the boss solo or with a small group doesn't get you any special rewards

with only 20 minutes to complete the boss and collect the reward, having to wait 9 to 15 minutes for 2 people to slowly fight their way to the end is nerve grating. I beg, if at all possible (or if not for this one then for future updates) to please make it start semi like the hourly quests / br (fill up to a certain point, then allow you to enter the portal to start the boss fight). This will prevent most of the wait times people are experiencing with the boss fights, and help negate the aggravation that many players are enduring.

Also, when you do complete the boss, there is a very small npc that spawns in. Players need to talk to it to get the final bits of the quest, and he is easily overlooked, covered by the loot or the chest remains. It's a very small, visual thing that can easily be ignored if need be, more of a 'quality of life' addition. Just voicing what i have noticed from various chats.

The banners that drop are a nice touch. They don't add anything substantial to the game, but they are nice deco pieces for the characters and something to remember the event by, which for collectors is a big thing.

Leaderboards: Yes, they are still broken. That isn't my concern with them: My concern is that the new coin leaderboard listings have no rewards listed for them. We can click on them, but we see no rewards, and such it feels a waste to donate the coins to a leaderboard when we don't know what we are vying for. Even if it isn't posted in game it would be nice to have a small list of what the rewards are for them posted via the forums.

final thoughts

all in all this update has been a nice change; using mechanics that are from many sections of the game and bring them together to have a little touch of the old and the new. Some sections of the event are confusing to players based on how it is written in the descriptions, and how the npc's react to the players, which is something that can be worked on for the future. I do hope to see both similar and new styles of quests that stray from the 'defeat x pr locked dungeons [ such as 5*'s are basically pr locked to 5k pr and above , neglecting the lower pr players entierly] ). Plus some mechanics need to be looked at for how to better implement them in the future with active players (maybe put some styles or test various mechanics via the testing server on pc if nothing else just to see how they might interact with players and what possible issues might arise from various mechanics, even though console players wont be able to participate in such a experiment it would help all players on all systems equally, or potentially anyways).

If you have read through my entire post i thank you for taking the time to do so. Please feel free to add your thoughts/ critiques etc below. It would be nice to have a discussion so that issues arisen from this event can be combated in different ways for future events. Without change we stagnate.

-i have never posted a post from scratch before.. So i am unsure what, if any tags to place on this. (or what tags are even used on these forums).-

~zoranza
    this is a good post

Great post.
    Any event not including Bomber royal has a chance to be good

I think sunfest event is absolute Bs with the golden tickets looting system. I have gone thru 8 karmas I’m the last week and have gotten nothing but dragon fragments, panda talismans and mount stashes. Absolute trash rewards for top tier players. Hyper pin needs to be easier to get. I’ve literally gone 3 years trying so hard to get it but the rng on these boxes are aids

The frags should not be a karma reward. The super mount stashes are good, but they should be loot collectable into something good, 1000 flux is a joke. I have 11 of them in my chest right now that I can't use, and I know other players are in the same situation.

I think the event is good, once the NPC was sorted.

Same problem on PS4 , you often get a 1000pr player in the moon menace room and they immediately start the boss, then you get put into that room, you can sit there for 15 minutes...waiting for them to complete or die. This doesn't happen on PC as there are more players and the boss room fills up quick.

Would be so much better:
    if once the skulls were active; it stopped sending you to that room, you can't do anything other than plead for them to /respawn.
    Or if there was a timer like bomber royale before it started.
    Or
    if you just joined battle whenever you entered.
    Or
    if there was a 2/3minute timer which killed everyone, then you could join

I Agree with RNG and Demiurge that the loot tables for the boxes are in dire need of change. Last year I farmed so many of them only to get Cloud Dragon Frags over and over, ended up giving up and waiting till this Event to try again. While I got lucky and got the Ex Pin mount many others have not, with plenty loosing hope in ever getting it. It shouldn't be on such a low drop rate that it takes years of farming the event to get. Yes part of it could be chalked up to bad luck, sure, but with no other possible way to get said mount it can be quite disheartening to have to farm the same thing day in and day out just to have the event close up and still not get it. People are just grumpy at this stage, but when the event is over and they've gotten nothing but dragon frags from the boxes it's likely that they will be more than just grumpy. I hope that in the future the reactions from the events of those in the past will be used to format the events in the future, as this is the same major complaint about the boxes as it was in the year prior.

I hope you are both able to get what you are hunting for before the event ends.

@George , I like the idea of making the portal stop sending new members to the room once the skull has been hit. It would either force people to learn to slow down and wait, or make them deal with the consequences of their actions while not impeding other players enjoyment of the Event.

-also.. I have no idea how to get quotes from everyone to be inside the reply so.. sorry >_> still learning this.

~Zoranza

I've now have 21 super mount stashes I can't use. Between karma and getting lucky I have pulled over 10 rares from those boxes so far, and aside from 10 super mount stashes twice, the rest were 10 vale frags. smh.

I see two possible solutions to the new player starting the skulls problem. One solution is to add a 2 minute timer to the boss if it is not killed in that two minutes it resets ,which would allow all to jooin the battle. second possible solution would be to allow clubs to make a portal in their club so they could grooup as a club and do this.

The biggest issue I saw with the event is the requirement to pass a banner between your characters. Moving gear from character to character as you switch is not quick nor fun. It also creates the possibility to accidentally delete or loot collect wanted items. I lost a pvp banner to this event, because I didn't go to a loot collector and lock my banner when I removed it to prevent it from being destroyed by the auto loot system.

+ Reply to Thread