+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Endgame Equipment Idea - WARNING! A LOT TO READ!

Lightbulb New Endgame Equipment Idea - WARNING! A LOT TO READ!

Hello all! Hyperiem here! Hope you're able to enjoy this thread I've made and enlighten me on any thoughts you all might have. Before that though, a small Disclaimer: All of this is just purely for show. I don't have any hopes or intentions of getting this into the game per say. It's more of a presentation than anything about my personal thoughts. Even now I'm stumbling to find any good reason to actually post this on the forums. But something about throwing my ideas on paper, or I guess in this case, on screen, and seeing how people view them... It gives me some form of elation that's difficult to describe. Anyway, enough of that, let's hop right into it!

Introduction

Lately I've been having ideas for the game based purely out of my imagination. One of those was a new Tier for Gear/Equipment for Endgame players that want a challenge in obtaining better gear than what we currently have. As of right now the top dog in the Gear department is none other than Crystalline Gear. Specifically, Crystal Level 3.

The idea here is to introduce a new higher tier gear without disregarding the hard work and grinding that players had to go through in order to obtain Crystal Level 3. So how will this work? Well firstly, how about we quickly skim over exactly what we have now first.

What We've Got

Veteran players can skip this whole section and move onto the "What I Came Up With" Section if they'd like.

Currently the highest Tier of equipment that we have are Crystal Level 1-3 (Hats, Faces, Weapons) And Stellar (Level 1-5 Rings). That being said, let's go into some detail on what exactly we have to work with amongst this equipment.

For the sake simplicity I'm only going to use Crystal Level 3 with 5 Star Stats and 10 Pearls included. Additionally, only Level 5 Rings will be used as well.

Legend: Dark Red = Stamina Rolls | Black = Combat Rolls | Yellow = Utility Rolls

Crystal Level 3 Gear

Hats

Maximum Health - 23,400

Maximum Health Percentage - 195%

Health Regen - 13,000

Light - 650

Attack Speed - 33%

Critical Damage - 42.9%

Stability - 487

Movement Speed - 20

Jump - 22

Magic Find - 195

Lasermancy - 195

Weapons

Physical / Magic Damage - 10,400

Light - 1,300

Attack Speed - 33%

Critical Damage - 42.9%

Energy Regen - 195

Critical Hit - 5.5%

Stability - 487

Maximum Health - 15,444

Health Regen - 13,000

Movement Speed - 20

Jump - 22

Magic Find - 195

Faces

Maximum Health - 23,400

Maximum Health Percentage - 195%

Health Regen - 13,000

Light - 650

Attack Speed - 33%

Critical Damage - 42.9%

Physical / Magic Damage - 3,432

Stability - 487

Movement Speed - 20

Jump - 22

Magic Find - 195

Stellar Level 5 Rings

Maximum Health - 14,475

Health Regen - 8,107

Physical / Magic Damage - 5,955

Stability - 416

Energy Regen - 159

Critical Hit - 4.2%

Jump - 20

Magic Find - 111

Lasermancy - 143

Boy was that a mouthful of stats to brush over. Now that all of those are out of the way, let's move on.

What I Came Up With

When I was thinking over new Tier Gear the first thing that popped into my mind was "Hey, hold on a moment... There's the Sun Goddess and the Moon Goddess Right?" And that is where the Theme for the next Tier started to take shape! Soon enough before I knew it I had come up with... *Drumroll*

Celestial Plane Gear

How does it work? Well let me explain.

How exactly do you obtain this gear? Well for starters I wanted to make sure to keep the integrity of the Crystal Gear that came before, so as not to devalue the hard work many have put into grinding and farming for it. So what's the solution? Simple. Crystal Level 3 Will be upgradeable to this new Tier Set!

This will ensure that Crystal Level 3 will not only remain viable as loot, but it will also be a unique requirement for this new Tier Set to be obtainable. Much like Shadow, to Radiant, to Stellar.

But what exactly ARE the requirements? Well that's a tough one. I ended up giving it A LOT of thought and even though I did come up with something I'm not sure how well it will work out. Regardless, here's what I thought would be a decent enough set of criteria for gear that you're not necessarily obligated to get. Another trade-off is also the fact that any pearls currently on the Crystal Level 3 item in question will be consumed and the new Tier Set will have to be Re-Pearled.

From Crystal Level 3 to Celestial Plane Gear

x20 Despoiled Divinity

x100 Stellar Souls

x200 Crystalline Cores

x10,000 Nitro-Glitterine

From 1 Star to 5 Stars

I wanted this set to feel a little more unique and different from everything we've had so far. Instead of traditional upgrades with materials, I was thinking about 3 things in particular. What if instead, each Star gradually fills up overtime the longer the gear is equipped, the more kills are raked up, and as more experience is gained? In order to balance this out, all THREE objectives must be completed AND each Star will "Reset" if the gear is taken off BEFORE it finishes the upgrade. Once each Star is fully filled, the gear can be removed and equipped without penalty. Essentially, each Star will act as a milestone that should be reached before the gear is taken off.

Now for the upgrades, we'll use the terms Hours Worn (HW), Kills Required (KR), and lastly, Experience Gained (EG). Another thing to keep in mind, hours will only count towards the goal while online and in Uber 9-10 Worlds. Kills Required will likewise only add to the counter if the kills are from Uber 9-10 Worlds. Uber 9 Shadow Tower Boss Kills will be counted as 2 Kills instead of 1. Dungeon Objectives besides those in Uber 9 Shadow Tower will NOT be counted towards the Kill goal. And one last thing. If you reach the required amount of HW, KR, or EG, you will NOT be able to gain more past that limit and instead will have to work towards completing the other requirements.

0 - 1 Star: 50 HW / 2,000 KR / 1,000,000 EG
    1 - 2 Stars: 75 HW / 4,000 KR / 2,000,000 EG
    2 - 3 Stars: 100 HW / 6,000 KR / 3,000,000 EG
    3 - 4 Stars: 125 HW / 8,000 KR / 4,000,000 EG
    4 - 5 Stars: 150 HW / 10,000 KR / 5,000,000 EG

Once the criteria for upgrading the gear is met, players will receive the following alert:

"Your Adventures have gorged your [Celestial Helmet/Visor/Weapon Type] with enough knowledge to grow! Visit your Forge to complete the upgrade!"

From here, players need simply go to the Forge and hit the upgrade button! Simple as that!

Now if by this point anyone is still reading this mess, I'm sure you're curious to see what stats I have come up with. Well say no more! I'll be getting right to that! A word of note however. I can't be bothered to come up with a comprehensive list of each and every stat for each and every level here, I might or might not make a Google Docs page in order to better keep this up to par but quite frankly, don't bet on it. If I do, I'll edit in an Update with a Link. Anyway, moving on. I will only be counting the new Tier Set as 5 Whole Stars and 10 Pearls. Most of these numbers were also arbitrarily chosen since I had to just start somewhere. Here's what I've drawn up.

Celestial Plane Gear

Hats

Maximum Health - 32,340

Maximum Health Percentage - 250%

Health Regen - 18,560

Light - 925

Attack Speed - 40%

Critical Damage - 65%

Stability - 550

Movement Speed - 25

Jump - 26

Magic Find - 324

Lasermancy - 324

Weapons

Physical / Magic Damage - 15,600

Light - 1,950

Attack Speed - 40%

Critical Damage - 65%

Energy Regen - 250

Critical Hit - 8.8%

Stability - 550

Maximum Health - 23,450

Health Regen - 18,560

Movement Speed - 25

Jump - 26

Magic Find - 324

Faces

Maximum Health - 32,340

Maximum Health Percentage - 250%

Health Regen - 18,560

Light - 925

Attack Speed - 40%

Critical Damage - 65%

Physical / Magic Damage - 7,475

Stability - 550

Movement Speed - 25

Jump - 26

Magic Find - 324

Now that the main set of gear is done with, Why don't we move onto the Rings, eh?

For Rings, I've decided to practically stick to the same requirements. The New Tier Set Rings I came up with are... *Drumroll*

Astral Plane Rings

Getting these bad boys will work much in the same way as Celestial Plane Gear, wherein players will have to obtain a Level 5 Ring and use a similar set of materials in order to upgrade the Ring from Stellar to Astral Quality.

The following required materials will be:

x15 Despoiled Divinity

x200 Stellar Souls

x1,000 Celestial Diamonds

x15,000 Nitro-Glitterine

The Astral Plane Rings, unlike Celestial Plane Gear, will not need to be leveled up, and instead, are a one-time upgrade. This means that players need simply have the materials ready on hand and the Ring they would like to upgrade. However, there IS a trade-off to this. Players will need to pick and choose wisely which ring they would like to upgrade, as any Ring upgraded to Astral quality will become UNTRADEABLE and can only be loot collected back into it's ORIGINAL Stellar State. Any material used will NOT be returned! Make sure you Upgrade Rings you're determined to keep! Now that said, let's get into the stats that will make up these new sets of Rings.

Astral Plane Ring

Maximum Health - 25,600

Health Regen - 19,400

Physical / Magic Damage - 11,300

Stability - 580

Energy Regen - 320

Critical Hit - 8.3%

Jump - 30

Magic Find - 220

Lasermancy - 295

Not too bad of a price cost for these improvements if you ask me.

Final Thoughts & Closing Statements

This took a lot longer than I'd like to admit, but overall, I think it was worth it! I love coming up with all sorts of ideas and suggestions especially when someone has something they can say about it. I can honestly say that this was a blast to write and I couldn't be happier with the end result. I'm not a game designer by any means either, but this was fun and I hope to come up with something else that's just as exciting to write out. I do realize that this post is far from perfect and that some people might see some glaring issues that I don't. But then again, that's the whole point of constructive feedback! So if anyone who sees this, reads it through, and has some advice to give, I'll be more than willing to take it! I'm aware most people won't give this the time of day to read, but if you do, and you make it this far. Thank you. Truly, just... Thank you. It means a lot.

Have a good one mates!
    IGN: Hyperiem | Main Class: Vanguardian - Power Rank: +31K | Total Mastery: +530 | Total Hours: +1700

R.A.F: Just heard about TROVE and want to jump in? Use this link, create your character, and battle on! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf
    Total Referrals: 0

Sorry to say that bud, but stats value will never be like yours. Devs does work hard to balance stats.

I also noticed than x% of a stat give x% of PR.
    So when Devs balance stats, it does balance PR so new difficulties appears.

But, This is great, You gave them an Idea of what you would like to see in game and they could get some inspiration from you
    That is great than people like you are trying to make content. Do not give up !

MAKE MAX MASTERY GREAT AGAIN !

IGN : Saltwater_sam
    Discord : _Doudou_#2738
    Trove Collections Club : 8277286365205537144

Thanks for the Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by _Doudou_ View Post
    Sorry to say that bud, but stats value will never be like yours. Devs does work hard to balance stats.

I also noticed than x% of a stat give x% of PR.
    So when Devs balance stats, it does balance PR so new difficulties appears.

But, This is great, You gave them an Idea of what you would like to see in game and they could get some inspiration from you
    That is great than people like you are trying to make content. Do not give up !
    I'm glad you liked the concept. I'm aware the stats are inflated and waaay out of the ordinary. I just wanted to start somewhere and see how things go from there. It's pretty apparent that it wouldn't work since, after all, Balance is indeed important.

If it helps at all, my original baseline for Celestial Plane Gear was something that would break the 2,000 PR Milestone, perhaps something along the lines of a base PR of 1,200. Add in the 10 Pearls and we're looking at an increase of about 350 PR for a total of 1,550 PR. If we include the 5 Star upgrades, I was thinking something around a 110 PR Increase every upgrade. In total this would lead to a Final Maximum PR of 2,100. Essentially it would be a 491 PR increase from Maxed Crystal Level 3 to Maxed Celestial Plane Gear.

As for the Astral Plane Rings. Well you got me stumped there. But that's the whole point of this feedback right? If I new more about how each stat value affects the PR Difference it would be a lot easier. But I'm afraid I don't know how each of these stats exactly add up to be the Total PR we get in-game. For the most part I just eyeballed the process.

While I can see that you put a lot of time and effort into this, we really do not need equipment upgrades at this point in time. What we really need is content to go along with the higher level PR that we already have. U10 has an entry level of 15K PR. We have lots of people at 30K+. We dont need them at 40K+ with content still at 15K.

IMO what we really need next is U10/U11/U12 difficulty of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    While I can see that you put a lot of time and effort into this, we really do not need equipment upgrades at this point in time. What we really need is content to go along with the higher level PR that we already have. U10 has an entry level of 15K PR. We have lots of people at 30K+. We dont need them at 40K+ with content still at 15K.

IMO what we really need next is U10/U11/U12 difficulty of content.
    I wholeheartedly agree. The game is in desperate need of more combat related updates. Currently what we have just isn't cutting it anymore for most people, myself included. U10 is already a joke and Ultra Shadow Tower, apart from already being pretty boring now, also has little to offer in incentives to play. Even on Monday, let alone any other day of the week.

I understand full well this isn't the sort of thing that should be implemented. At least on its own anyway. I put this whole thing together more or less as a suggested addition to any future update revolving around combat. As such I don't ever have any intentions of really seeing this in the game especially the way it is now by itself. Instead it's more of a "side dish to complement the main course" so to speak. Realistically, the odds of any Devs looking at this post and deciding to look into it as part of a new update are monumentally slim. Practically zero. But I figured I might as well leave some inspiration that maybe other users can draw from.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

+ Reply to Thread