+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gardening 2.0 for new players

Post Gardening 2.0 for new players

this might have been tooled a LOT of times alredy , but i just recently started to be actif on this forum and wanted to know how the community will help new players.

from what this graph shows, the huge rush from all the high level players is done, most clubs stopped placing new Habitats and this number seems to be going down.. untile when ?
    after the last "nerf" of habitats, a LOT of players just stopped placing new habitats... and with the cost of creating , new players will have a HARD time to get all rare allies.
    good things is that there are still clubs that have a lot of allies each day

but only a few from what i saw are still continuing to add more after the old ones withers a way..

new clubs are starting to take relay from the old clubs but can't do a lot of habitats...

what do to to help new players?
    this is what i am asking the community.
    i had thought that it would be renewable, but after last nerf and old habitats dying, it seems impossible now.
    -adding a systeme to "repair" habitats ?
    -club stuctures to let habitats live longer ?
    -make habitats rarly spawn in adventure worlds ? but they are "wild" habitats that only survives untile next reset ?

i did this post because i love trove, playing it for well over 4 years, non stop, and is seeing fewer and fewer new players that stay. just trying to help this game survive longer.
    (P.S : Sorry for my english.
    pictures might be jucky, was kind of doing copy pasting)

I just started PC from a long time ago and I cannot even make the 1000=
    + plants that I see in clubs let alone water them...

The ore costs in the alchemy plants needs to go waaaaaaaay down. Or make it 10 seeds like the old gardening did...

Since the change of composting habitat allies, it makes the only way to obtain Cookie Musk at a fair rate is to make high tier Alchemy Plants, which basically only served as "item exchange 以物换物 yi wu huan wu " plant plus S. Organic Refuse as thanks. They are not meant to be a reliable, for example, new reliable source for Golden Souls and Nitros.

Which basically means to those who have done 80%+ of Gardening plus 4 rares, have NO REASON to create any more plants as long as they have a lot of seeds/plants running. Yes, new Trovians could expect them to be a charity by spending their 1hrs+ visit everyday to club worlds everyday; or craft more unworthy Alchemy Plants to get Cookie Musks. But even if they do it willingly, how long will they last? And how long there will be people keep checking random 100+ clubs to see if there is a rare ally or not if no one wanted to donate to bigger club or Gardening Hub anymore.

I am already done. I already warned new and low-end club members to deal with allies. This is how the community have helped via Discords and Clubs. Because we all know there will be something bad happen on every newly introduced feature. But I didn't anticipate all four habitats are affected, where they SUPPOSED to make Glowbug ally compost the least instead.

All I can say to newer gens who mostly are lazy/less active to deal with Gardening (pls don't complain this, let's face the truth): If you really not concern on your Mastery Rank, forget it.

If you are concerning, all you can do is gather bunch of clubbies whom are as needy as you, donate to Gardening Hub (or use K check high rank PR clubs, do some travels). I am sorry to say that I won't be donate much due to Glim and Cookie Musk shortage, or I have no reason to plant Alchemy plants. If some Trovians think I am selfish, cold-hearted, think again: Early birds get worms to eat, wait Trove fix the worm spawn rate so late Trovians still can find enough worms to eat.

[Edit: Also take a look at the crafting cost for habitats, not every old players can spend 24/7 flux for Patron or even keep 1 million flux 24/7.]
    [Useful Links:
    Trove Club Quest Discord: https://discord.gg/XvmBf77 ; if a Trovian can't follow the written simple rules and get banned, all they can do is facepalm themselves. Fair enough.
    Gardening Hub Discord: https://discord.gg/gRaKrkw ; Even though in future no one might donate there, you can see tips there.
    Not using Discord? Rely on Forum to get more info instead? Join Discord for FREE today!]

-adding a systeme to "repair" habitats ?
    -club stuctures to let habitats live longer ?
    -make habitats rarly spawn in adventure worlds ? but they are "wild" habitats that only survives untile next reset ?
    I like it. Also please.
    Make foods better
    Habitat crafting costs ( 10-15k Flux)
    Compost heap, quality compost heap (buff for concentrated compost)
    Horticulturist radiant seeds costs ( the costs should be reduced.)

As someone who still updates a list with clubs that contain Ally Homes in /joinworld Refuge of Pandemonium regulary, let me feed this topic with some new info:

• At the time of last update (28th June 2019), there were a total of 59 known clubs that have 1 or more Ally Homes inside.
    • Amongst those 59 clubs, there are...
      • 6 Clubs with more than 50 Ally Homes
      • 7 Clubs with 41-50 Ally Homes
      • 4 Clubs with 31-40 Ally Homes
      • 5 Clubs with 21-30 Ally Homes
      • 10 Clubs with 11-20 Ally Homes
      • 11 Clubs with 6-10 Ally Homes
      • 16 scattered clubs with 5 or less Ally Homes (which have an awfully low rate to get even 1 visit each day)
      • => So for time-efford ratio, you would check clubs with over 10 Ally Homes. Leaving only 32 clubs that have a reasonable chance to even get a visit.
    • The former glorious 'Gardening Hub' which once had far over 500 Ally Homes can now be found in the 11-20 category and is expected to drop either lower or complete out at the next check.
      • As a matter of fact, inside Gardening Hub there appeared signs everywhere that tell people to NOT craft any new Snail Habitats. After all there already appeared one at 7th June, so they do no longer need one. Oh and what do you mean by 'there are other players, too'? (Side note, I got all 4 rare Allies, but I hate that sign from the bottom of my heart!)
    • Most Ally Homes that are placed anywhere in Trove are Glowbug homes. lowering the chance for other rare Allies even further.

On one side with so many clubs dropping out, it makes updating much easier, but on the other side, it appears to be almost impossible for anyone who just starts gardening in 1 month to get all Allies anymore. How is this supposed to work anymore?

Furthermore, Ally Homes is a neat idea to let people visit your club. Once. People may only look around in the club on their first visit. After that, they pop up right in front of the Ally Homes' spot of the club, not looking left or right, looting what is inside and leaving - completelly ignoring NPC quests aside.

That however is a social thing. But one that gives little reason to add new homes if you already got those allies yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlexanderNULL View Post
    it appears to be almost impossible for anyone who just starts gardening in 1 month to get all Allies anymore. How is this supposed to work anymore?
    save your flux wait the 330? more days for those 200 mastery points to show up like these bois did

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlexanderNULL View Post

On one side with so many clubs dropping out, it makes updating much easier, but on the other side, it appears to be almost impossible for anyone who just starts gardening in 1 month to get all Allies anymore. How is this supposed to work anymore?

With a friend, we have saving all the items to be able to craft more habitats and are waiting for more habitats to wither off before placing them, like this a wider range of new players can be helped.
    but at the moment, the trend seems to have stabilised at arround 100 allies/day, but the number of club is still falling.. HARD...

+ Reply to Thread