+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Crashing/Closing Steam?

Trove Crashing/Closing Steam?

I use Steam to launch Trove and have had it linked for quite awhile now. However, after playing for some time, Trove will completely freeze and Steam will close itself out (possibly crashing, but no error received). I believe this is due to having Steam Workshop mods active that is causing the Trove client to lock up once Steam has been forced to close. No other games have ever forced the Steam client to close out and having to restart it entirely. Is this a known issue with a fix that is available? I haven't found anything listed here in the forums on this issue, so I figured I would ask here first before submitting a ticket.

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue and I would love to know if there's a way to get that fixed. The game tends to freeze and crash way too often, closing Steam when it does. It is a major inconvenience.
    I made a similar thread few days ago, but looks like it wasn't approved yet or was apparently trashed by mods for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikifive View Post
    I'm experiencing exactly the same issue and I would love to know if there's a way to get that fixed. The game tends to freeze and crash way too often, closing Steam when it does. It is a major inconvenience.
    I made a similar thread few days ago, but looks like it wasn't approved yet or was apparently trashed by mods for some reason.
    Thanks for replying to confirm that I'm not the only one experiencing this. I just recently discovered that other members in a few clubs I'm also in are experiencing this as well. The only way I know of to avoid this is to disable the mod(s) outright, or restart Steam manually to reset the amount of time before the inevitable crash happens. Hopefully this will get some attention from the staff.

4.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #4
    Hello there,

Have you sent a ticket to our Customer Support? If not, please send one here

Quote Originally Posted by gedc View Post
    Hello there,

Thank you, and I have now submitted a ticket. Is it possible to keep this thread from being locked so that I may update it with any potential solutions given from Customer Support?

Quote Originally Posted by BedpanExpress View Post
    (...) The only way I know of to avoid this is to disable the mod(s) outright, or restart Steam manually to reset the amount of time before the inevitable crash happens. Hopefully this will get some attention from the staff.
    One does not simply resign from 'Better Racing Rings' and few other convenient mods.
    Yeah, I hope they'll fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by gedc View Post
    Hello there,

Should I send a ticket too? Most likely it would be almost the same as BedpanExpress', as I'm experiencing the same exact issue mentioned in this thread, on two different PC's on top of that. So at that point I could send two tickets.

In meanwhile, I keep sending error reports whenever the game crashes, hoping, that this actually helps in one way or another.

Thank you~

I have been experiencing this as well. Steam crashes when Trove crashes. I have to relog into steam and then Trove.

I uninstalled Steam and all my games and reloaded all of them. What was weird is Trove said it was in my library, but it was not on the list. I had to search it in the store and redownload it.

I am not sure if it is from a Trove patch or the recent Steam patch.

I tried today to see if other games were doing this. No other games crashed Steam. I finally gave up and stopped launching Trove from steam and launch it through Glyph now. I do have mods on the workshop too if this helps.

Any news?
    This is really giving us all a bad time. :c

It's a shame such thing keeps happening.

+ Reply to Thread