+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: BR infinite falling bug/exploit, or client/server desync

BR infinite falling bug/exploit, or client/server desync

I experienced this secondhand, so I'm not entirely sure how relevant most of this information is compared to the video I recorded.

• Time: Final 2 in bomber royale. A specific user did this multiple times.
    • Context: Three separate bomber maps, all when the map has dissolved into just a few clusters of floating blocks and lava.
    • Game Details: N/A
    • Character Details: Irrelevant.
    • Expected: I expected the other player's position on my client to actually sync with where he is on the server.
    • Observed: In one sentence what happened instead? Example: My character threw a bomb.
    • Repro Steps: Unknown. This specific user performed this exact bug/exploit twice before I shadowplayed this clip, which leads me to believe this is leaning towards an exploit rather than something like shoddy lag compensation.
    • Image/Video Documentation: Gfycat link (play in standard definition if it's laggy, video was recorded in 4k).
    I'm in the minority of people that actually enjoy bomber, but stuff like this makes me absolutely not want to play. Three games in a row in the final 2 I had zero chance to win because of this lad abusing whatever this is.

Played against the same player, happened exactly the same in different maps on 3 ocassions. Glad someone recorded it.

I just recorded the exact same user doing it again about an hour ago, so here's a video that doesn't look like i'm recording a cryptid. At about the 45 second mark you can see it perfectly.

Would really like something to be done about this soon, multiple other people I've played with are becoming incredibly frustrated because he does this every day.

It's not a "bug/exploit, or client/server desync", it's just a "3rd party program name" script. Trove doesn't have any anti-cheat service, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortorion View Post
    It's not a "bug/exploit, or client/server desync", it's just a "3rd party program name" script. Trove doesn't have any anti-cheat service, so yeah.

I only recently came back to trove, and I figured such a small, niche game with a small, niche pvp component wouldn't have a cheating epidemic, as far as I can tell it looks like client/server desync.

I could be wrong, and if I am then sure, I'm wrong. I already sent a ticket, so hopefully this is gotten around to at some point.

Don't call it an epidemic. Stuff like that started very, very long time ago. From well known ST skips, players boosting their game speed in Geode Caves/Adventure Worlds for faster farming, freezing the GAS value in Geode Cave, so they could stay there for unlimited amount of time and farm how long they want even without exploits. "Flying up" as you see here was also used in Geode Cave, since it was much faster option than using Hook + Rocket boots boost to beat the vertical tunnel.

As you could notice ST skips via leaderboards, in the BR it's noticeable because there are always players around,

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #7
    Hello everyone, thank you for reporting this! I'll forward it to the team.

+ Reply to Thread