+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Returned after a few years. Club now owned by someone else??

Returned after a few years. Club now owned by someone else??

Pretty cross that leadership of my club has been given to some random person I've never talked to or invited to my club. Last we played was 2016. We played from 2013 onwards. We've come back to find that our club is now owned by someone we don't know and that bits of it are all griefed and biomes completely missing as well as finding that quite a few of us have been kicked. What the hell Trion. Whoever decided this was a good thing to include in update was monumentally stupid. Thanks alot we've now lost everything that we built together.

I can see the frustration for a small private-ish club. For a large club losing the president for a long amount of time could cause issues.

On a side note when I started out I was in a 25 person club and the president left the game for 6 months and I told over as the president. I started to do various things to think about leveling the club XP wise and considering growing fixtures. The former president then came back demanded to be president again. I made him president again and then he promptly quit the game. I decided that the club at that time was worth abandoning and left a month later. A ship with no captain is a sinking ship.

The way the system handles Clubs and Dead Players isn't great, gotta admit that. Judging by your experience, it definitely seems like a big issue to have. I certainly don't agree with the "Oop, President's dead, better make some random person the leader now!" approach. Now I'm not certain how the game picks the new President, but it ain't a good method, that's for sure.

If you ask me, the best way to prevent someone unfit for leadership from getting into the position at all is to introduce a Reputation / Vote system. I think These two systems could kill 2 birds with one stone; where players from the same club can "Review" certain people in their clubs and have the most liked person in that club be the next President if they're not already. And as a plus, you'll be able to tell who the friendliest and most influential contributor to the club is. A Vote system would be just as optimal in the sense of picking the next leader should the current one decide to step down, or just quit the game in general.
    IGN: Hyperiem | Main Class: Vanguardian - Power Rank: 31K | Total Mastery: +460 | Total Hours: +1400

R.A.F: Just heard about TROVE and want to jump in? Use this link, create your character, and battle on! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf
    Total Referrals: 0

It actually isn't random. If you have VPs it will go to a VP. If you don't have VPs then it will go to an officer. Of course it may go to a member if a VP or Officer gets control and decides to promote a member to the president role.

if the president is offline for 45 days s/he will be demoted and a random member will be president with all permissions. you can choose a group to become president ...

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...881#post819881

some think, if you do not set a group, they still will be preswident. I think this is wrong.

BTW: with all the new settings a club still can work if president is away for long time. Especially the BIG OLD CLUBS, who have enough truthworthy officers.
    And this BIG OLD GROUPS made this rule.

With the new gardening a lot people make their own little club. There is nowhere said what happens if you are alone and offline for more than 45 days. And THEY DO NOT KNOW.
    But soon the new little clubs will invite some for garding ... thinking they are save ... coming back after 45 days ... all gone ... never will play trove again ...

My SUGGESTION: let the possibility to set a group as president-follower. if no group is set the founder will be president forever (or he/she changes the rights).

There was the option to replace a leader/president even before the club update.
    All it took was an email to support by any member. When the GM made the change he/she promoted the officer with the most recent activity at the time of the change.

Here are some responses from support in October and December 2014 when our leader went awol:

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Trove.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to start the process of transferring guild leadership until they have been inactive for 30 days. Once the 'Last Login' reports 30 days of inactivity, please respond to this ticket and we will be able to proceed with your request. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Trove.

Your reference number for this ticket is 141112-000838.

Sincerely,

GM Lightreaver
    Trion Worlds Inc

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Trove.

Per our policy, we promoted the officer with the most recent activity to Leader.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Trove.

Your reference number for this ticket is 141112-000838.

Sincerely,

GM Lightreaver
    Trion Worlds Inc

The 2 changes with the club update were to make it automatic and set the timeframe to 45 days.

Its not been given to any of the officers of VPs. Whatever they are. Its gone to some guy who was literally just a member. Everyone else in the club hasnt played for years. How were we meant to know a change like this was going to happen.

If all of the leaders/officers...etc are not online for more than the 30-45 days, the Prez will roll to whoever is left that IS active in the club.

Based on your original post, I would say that after you abandoned ship back in 2016, someone that was in the club with invite capability added this "random person" to your club. This could have happened either before or after the club update. Then in November 2017 if memory serves, the big Club update happened, and someone that was in your club and still active, or the next person to login if everyone had been inactive, they would have been promoted to Prez when they logged in. And Yes, this can be some random person that was "just a member"

It's hard to say the exact order, but generically that is what happened and why.

I'm sorry that you lost your club, and that it got grieffed/trashed. But your probably the millionth former club owner/builder that has reported a story similar to this since the club update came out.

I don't argue that the current inheritance system is terrible, however, expecting that your club even would exist 3 years after abandonment is a bit of a stretch. I would not blame them one bit if they completely purged clubs that have not been accessed after 1 year.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Haha, very funny whoever is pranking me. I got a random invite for one of my alts to a new club a couple of days ago. I log in today and have been made president. Good joke.

+ Reply to Thread