+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Splendid Summer Event

2 of my friends will quit trove after this summer event if devs do not change the br 2 kills quest.

a newby who can't enter u8 yet (but does not mind about that yet): he gave up after 2 hours br and not getting any kill.

an (almost) endgamer: she quit br after she died 50 times before she could get any bomb.

This 2 people and me and a lot more do not play trove for getting master skills in pvp.

What will the next quest line bring? ...

Idk guys, i never play Br but i did a whole 2 games to get 2 kills. Easiest 6 lustrous gem boxes and free mount.

In all honesty, the BR kills really weren't that bad. I understand people can have trouble with this but I don't think this step is the be all end all of the quest. A tip of advice for anyone stuck on BR, throw your bombs at corners! By doing this they explode instantly. Try to trap people in holes and go to town. Also, get to higher ground, a surprising amount of people don't seem to take notice of your bombs raining down from the heavens. GL on the quest.

I can see the appeal of BR, but it's not so fun to play when it's blocking progress in an otherwise PvE questline that is a part of a general event. I was surprised to last a while for a few BR rounds without previous playtime, but it's frustrating that I managed to make a good effort (among last standing players) without qualifying for any progress in the adventure because I didn't give killing blows or end up very last alive. I find it odd that the BR step isn't based on the coins, which still take some effort to accumulate but are nonetheless obtainable for people who don't find the minigame particularly thrilling.

Quote Originally Posted by 0sita View Post
    2 of my friends will quit trove after this summer event if devs do not change the br 2 kills quest.

a newby who can't enter u8 yet (but does not mind about that yet): he gave up after 2 hours br and not getting any kill.

an (almost) endgamer: she quit br after she died 50 times before she could get any bomb.

This 2 people and me and a lot more do not play trove for getting master skills in pvp.

What will the next quest line bring? ...
    so between you and your 2 friend's and the hours spent trying to do this quest....
    you never entered the same BR met in the middle and took turns getting kills.
    50 br 0 kills? There are 19 kills each br of 950 available kills your buddy managed 0.. step 1, plug in keyboard or controller might be a missing step they did not think of?

I hate geode so I get not wanting to do a certain part of the game, I had to comment on this one as it's such a fairytale it annoyed me..
    Just say you don't like PvP and would prefer not to have it in quests....

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    so between you and your 2 friend's and the hours spent trying to do this quest....
    you never entered the same BR met in the middle and took turns getting kills.
    50 br 0 kills? There are 19 kills each br of 950 available kills your buddy managed 0.. step 1, plug in keyboard or controller might be a missing step they did not think of?

I hate geode so I get not wanting to do a certain part of the game, I had to comment on this one as it's such a fairytale it annoyed me..
    Just say you don't like PvP and would prefer not to have it in quests....
    Your math is off. When I did the quest the games kept starting with around 13 people after waiting for a bit. Even with the event quest the pvp matches still aren’t full.

whatever math you do and give advice: she is gone.

I could manage this 2 kills however in 2 hours and if i would not have the club i would quit trove, too. If the devs want us to play pvp they could ask for 100 bomb or 1000 bombs, or get a br coin. but to kill in br requires master skills in pvp or just good luck that i had. i choose to play trove because it is not pvp based ...

My main is level 30, 31k pr, 602 total mastery.. and I suck at bomber royale. In general, and for personal reasons, I hate PVP, however I actually find bomber royale somewhat fun. I can usually manage to avoid getting killed long enough to collect a coin, but actually killing someone else? not gonna happen. And winning would take a miracle. I actually got to #2 twice today and asked the other person if they'd let me win for the quest, but they weren't interested (judging by their continued efforts to kill me, which succeeded eventually). I love the game and have been playing for years.. it's the only MMO I still play, having given up WoW, LOTRO, DDO, Neverwinter, SW:TOR, ST:Online, GuildWars 2, Rift, etc.. but I don't think I'll be able to get through this quest, and that's super disappointing to me.

Edited to add: UPDATE: Got a friend to help me with the bomber royale part. Took a few tries, but thankfully it's done now. Huge huge thanks to that friend as I could not have done it otherwise.
    .-._. hortensis & montana ._.-.

I really tried, but i just cannot understand this hate and rage of the people quitting game over a quest. Yes, this quest line was a bit more challenging but thats how its supposed to be or not? you earn your reward. I found it great, it was not that boring "upgrade one gem for 10 lunar souls uff" and neither was it impossible do to. Instead, it sends you to places not every player might know what, where and how it worked and gets you to do all sorts of stuff. Stuff you should probably do more anyways

IMO if you want that gliding rainbow oposum you will do it and you will have fun and enjoy doing it. I know i did. I wish the quest like was longer.

this squirrel got abused by a rainbow :O
    This is a test

+ Reply to Thread