+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geode Topside Quad-Hourly Event Challenge - Introducing, Invasion!

Lightbulb Geode Topside Update Idea, Quad-Hourly Event Challenge - Introducing, Invasion!

Disclaimer: This is my is my first time posting an idea of this scale here on the forums so it may be hit or miss. At the end of the day I'm not a game designer, so take all of this with a grain of salt. This idea may or may not work out at all and ultimately it's up to the Developers on how exactly to implement this content, execute it, and balance for it appropriately. As such this is very heavily subject to change and is entirely suggestion based. Nothing you see here will be concrete or if at all feasible. Whether or not Developers take an interest in this is not up to me or us, the community. None of what you see here will likely make it into the game as such. I avoided being specific with things like the exact look or location the battlefield is in and exactly what types of attacks and moves enemies will have, or exactly what amount of health each would have. I would rather have the community give suggestions as a whole on what works and what doesn't rather than give me, just a single person, all those choices and decisions. Quite frankly I believe this was sloppily put together, but I'm at least hopeful someone will take a look at it and maybe, just maybe, make an actual usable future update idea.

Introduction

Invasion of Shadows is an all new update regarding Geode and its inhabitants as well as their ever-going battle against that Shadows that dwell in darkness. The basic idea is to introduce all new enemies, adventures, and possibly even new mechanics. Originally I had envisioned a large scale war zone which involves many, many players. Perhaps as many as 20. Not at all like Shadow Tower which only has a limit of 8 people for comparison. However, I am aware that servers have a bit of a problem handling that many players at once along with a ton of NPC's, so this will likely not be the case if this is ever considered as a possible legitimate update. How this will all go is up to the Developers but I will not shy away from suggestions, corrections, criticism, or flaws. With that said, let's hop right into it!

Premise

The Sunseeker Guard have been thwarting the Shadows time and time again. Ever since the Trovian alliance, Heroes and Adventurers have banded together to smite the darkness wherever it may lie. Now more than ever Both Trovian and Sunseeker will need to muster all the strength possible to overcome a deadly new force.

Ancient, Dark, Twisted Magic has been amassing in significant quantities. Shadowy Creatures have gathered together and their power grows by the second. Portals to Evil, Demented worlds have begun ripping holes on the surface of Geode, and with them entities of destructive capabilities have arisen to end the battle with the Sun Goddess's followers once and for all.

Will the Trovians and Sunseekers rise to the occasion and take on this new threat head-on, or will this new foe present a challenge too great for even the mightiest of heroes? Now is the time to put your skills and mettle to test! Introducing...

Invasion of Shadows

A Quad-Hourly Event!

The calm before the storm

The entire idea is based off Neon City's Rampage Event (At least that's where I got the idea from anyhow). So how does it work? Basically, Every four hours an in-game announcement will be made (Let's say it begins at 2:00) with the following text:

"An ancient evil is gathering strength on Geode, keep on eye out for dangerous anomalies!"

This announcement will mark the beginning of the event in the next half hour. During which players may scour Geode Topside and locate an area of alarming amounts of Shadow Mobs amassing. Each of them far stronger than your average Shadow Creature. They are the harbingers of what's to come. At this point players can partake in an outpost adventure where they can take up the mantle of responsibility and hit the shadows back, weakening the structure of the invasion and making the final battle easier.

After the initial announcement a followup announcement 10 minutes before the main event truly begins will be made (By this point it is 2:20) :

"WARNING! An alarming amount of shadow energy is breaking through from the Chaos Realm! Geode is in trouble!"

By now the shadows have gained enough strength to summon a Chaos Juggernaut. Equal in power to the Titans of the Shadow Tower, even the Daughter of The Moon would have a rough time facing off against such an opponent.

Players will then face off against this Titanic being. After which a countdown will appear to anyone within the event's radius. This countdown will be 10 minutes and signifies the upcoming battle with the Colossal Enemy to come.

The Chaos Juggernaut however, may be the key to turning the tide. As the battle rages the Chaos Juggernaut will release more and more power as its health reserves deplete. However, this is not without drawbacks. The more injured the Juggernaut becomes, the more power it will draw out, consequently the final entity yet to emerge will lose its overall strength and WILL weaken. As more and more chaotic energy is siphoned into the Juggernaut, players will have to finesse their capabilities to doge and escape increasingly dangerous attacks.

Not everyone however, may be suited to combat. Luckily fighting isn't the only way to make a difference! Chaos Crystals will emerge to try and keep the flow of energy uninterrupted! Destroy these Crystals and the flow of power will destabilize! The Juggernaut will be stunned and its power temporarily weakened, but do not underestimate the Shadows! Players attempting to destroy these Crystals will be prioritized by the Juggernaut. It's the Combatants jobs to make sure these players are safe whilst attempting to detonate specialized Sunseeker charges on the Crystals!

As the roar of battle with the Juggernaut seemingly comes to a close, the massive creature, losing strength decides to unleash one last attack before the main event! A Chaotic Ripple!

This attack will destroy everything in its wake and lethally harm anyone within its radius! If the Juggernaut was not defeated before the countdown has finished, any remaining power it has will magnify its Chaotic Ripple to massive size and provide a large buff to the threat that's about to make its presence known (By this point it is 2:30). If it the Juggernaut is defeated before the timer finishes, the process will be accelerated and the radius of the Chaotic Ripple will become smaller (The even here can be accelerated, meaning it can be started sooner than 2:30 if the Juggernaut is taken out quickly enough). Make sure you're far enough away or the consequences will be nothing short of annihilation!

Once the ability is over a gigantic portal will open and from it, will burst forth...

CHAOS WARMONGER Q'BLHESS

When it emerges the following announcement will trigger:

"ALERT! A cataclysmic threat has been detected on Geode! Every Trovian and Sunseeker that is able should head over and assist!"

A being of sheer cataclysmic power has come! And with it 4 Lieutenants that must all be defeated before Warmonger Q'blhess can be taken down. These 4 lieutenants will guard each inter-cardinal direction of Warmonger Q'blhess, which currently resides in a massive chaotic sphere! In order to draw out Warmonger Q'blhess the Lieutenants MUST be defeated! But be warned! Each Lieutenant is in a league of their own and have mastered their own attack types!

The Four lieutenants didn't earn their title for nothing! Each of them are as follows:

Warden Q'behdge, A powerful chaotic swordsman with the strength and dexterity to match!

Beast-Master Q'bchlaw, A shameless chaotic hunter capable of using his own personal beasts as well as his twisted bow to draw blood.

Warlock Q'bchurse, An immensely powerful chaotic caster with an extensive knowledge of the arcane and intellect to boot!

Shaman Q'bmhend, A demented, chaotic witch-doctor capable of resurrecting, healing, and summoning shadowy creatures to overwhelm the opposition!

From here, players can either choose to focus on one lieutenant at a time or spread the damage out evenly between 2, 3, or even all 4 of the Lieutenants. Keep an eye out though! The Lieutenants aren't just going to sit around and wait for challengers. They'll be more than content with chasing players down!

The Final Battle

After an intense battle with the 4 Chaos Lieutenants, both Trovians and Sunseekers have caught the attention of Warmonger Q'blhess, the General of the invasion! One that is not to be taken lightly.

General Q'blhess is as ruthless as it is deranged. It is the ultimate incarnation of evil second only to Q'bthulhu itself. The Trovians and Sunseekers will definitely have a run for their flux this time!

The Sunseekers are not however, run by fools. They have devised a plan to tackle the General and the Trovians will play a key role in dealing the damage needed to banish him, if only temporarily! Combatants will face Q'blhess head to head. Anyone else can play a supportive role! Toss Poisonous and Toxic Bottles and use catapults to give the General a hard time! All while throwing medicine bottles at your own allies!

Phase One | 100% - 80% Health: The Sunseekers have determined that the fastest way to weaken the General is to completely cut off his Energy Supply! In order to do this the portal must be sealed. Unfortunately, the Four Chaos Crystals keeping the Portal open are not like the ones that came before. These are much tougher and it will take the ultimate abilities of each Trovian to bring these Crystals to the breaking point. Fret not however! The Sunseekers have finally charged up enough power for an ElectroMagic Pulse that will render the Crystals both Tangible and Vulnerable. With each Crystal destroyed, the portal weakens. Once the last Crystal is taken out the Portal seals in a large explosive Radius. Use this to your advantage to harm Warmonger Q'blhess further! Heed with caution though, those Crystals will not be left unguarded! Q'blhess will send brief power surges to each of the crystals making them momentarily dangerous to attack with varying effects! Q'blhess itself will not simply sit on the sidelines either!

Phase Two | 79%-60% Health: With the portal destroyed, the Frontal Assault can now make its move! Swarms of Sunseekers have joined the battle and will try to cover the Trovians! Use this adavantage of numbers to overwhelm Warmonger Q'blhess and deal a deadly first strike against the General! Do not be fooled, however, Q'blhess is not a General without reason. Its attacks are deadly and CAN be lethal! During this phase Q'blhess will launch all manner of attacks at the Trovians, using powerful AoE effects dangerous enough to render those it hits with a fury of wrath!

Phase Three | 59% - 40% Health: Q'blhess is becoming relentless, its attacks grow fiercer but it's also slipping. Each attack is getting sloppier but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to avoid it! The more agitated Q'blhess gets, the more furious its attacks become! And now Q'blhess gained a surge of power allowing it to hit both faster, and harder! Its attacks are now lethal on their own but may not hit its intended target. Use this to your advantage and make Q'blhess hit itself in its own mad frenzy!

Phase Four | 39% - 5% Health: Q'blhess is growing more and more ferocious by the second! As such it has regained a small measure of composure and is concentrating the remainder of its power! As the General and Master to its 4 Leiutenants, Q'blhess uses the techniques It taught to them itself! From here on out Q'blhess will switch from Warden Q'behdge's Attack Style to Beat-Master Q'bchlaw's, to Warlock Q'bchurse's, to Shaman Q'bmhend's! This is an all-out assault and Q'blhess is not holding back!

Final Phase | 4% - 1% Health: The time has come! Q'blhess has been pushed to the limit, the Sunseekers have taken the offensive, and the Trovians Have dealt a deadly blow to the Chaos General! The final preparations for the banishment spell have been set! Every Trovian and Sunseeker is now gathering for one last push to seal Warmonger Q'blhess away even if only temporarily! Band together and fire off one Giant spell to throw Warmonger Q'blhess back into the abyss!

The Spoils?

I honestly haven't really worked out this part just yet. To be frank a lot of this has to do with Geode Topside so I figured the rewards would be something related to that. The problem, however, is that not everyone may even agree to it and this part I would rather leave for the Players and the Developers to work out should they take an interest in this whole idea. Henceforth I'll leave this Rewards Section open to suggestions and anyone who wants to put in anything they think is worthwhile in there and can make their own list using the quote format.

Conclusion

I really hope to see how others take this idea even if only at face value. I had a lot of fun thinking about it and I sincerely hope you all enjoy just simply reading through it. I know it may not appeal to anyone if at all. However, I'll be more than accepting of criticism and any thoughts other players might have. I was really enthusiastic about this idea, but reading it all back now... Well I guess you could say I'm nervous and anxious to see what people think. Again I'm not a game developer, just someone who wishes the best for the game itself.
    IGN: Hyperiem | Main Class: Vanguardian - Power Rank: 31K | Total Mastery: +460 | Total Hours: +1400

R.A.F: Just heard about TROVE and want to jump in? Use this link, create your character, and battle on! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf
    Total Referrals: 0

I like your idea

This sounds like something that - if well implemented - would gives Trove something for endgame player that does not die after 4 seconds (um dotm) and might need actually importance in classes aside 'dps glass cannon' and 'dps tank'.

Considering that, the whole fight should be literally impossible to beat in less than 5 minutes and as goal it would have a fighting duration of 10 minutes.

A big issue here would be flask stations. Even if you can not summon your cornerstone, you might aswell just camp near a geode outpost with a flask station where 1 tank just keepts everything buisy with a combo of unyielding emblem and death defying while everyone else would go full glass cannon and shred the boss without caring about dodging or defense at all.

This needs to be considered and avoided somehow.

One way would be an option that causes all flask stations inside the world to no longer work. Or they just completelly disappear completelly. Well, players would most likelly teleport back to club and back if the fight takes long enough time.

Another way to do it could be a special arena that spawns at the event's place similar to placing a fixture. Inside this arena area there can be special rules. Like leaving it causes you to die or whatever, no one can join a player who is inside it or whatever. Just add something that gets rid of turning this event into something stupidly easy.

As for drop reward there will be 10 Essence of Darkness.
    What is it? -> Remaining Energy that CHAOS WARMONGER Q'BLHESS lost in the banishing process.
    Why 10 and not 1? - > Because this leaves the option to get a lower quantity from other sources. Like tomes, other events, special rewards, whatever.
    What does it do? -> Idk, just think of something

Some technical stuff that 'could make the fight easier':
    Killing the first set of monsters would will reduce the 'darkness' stat of those bosses. 'Darkness' is a stat that only Geode Topside monsters have and that prevents us from dealing our full damage on Geode Topside. Our 'Light' stat does penetrate monster's 'darkness' stat.

Either this or temporary have our light increased per monster that we kill to all players nearby. These stacks of extra light will disappear instantly when leaving the world, logging off, or moving too far away from the fight - which will also counter certain exploits.

Finally I hope that this idea makes it into the game and give some real content to Trove that give endgamers a reason to choose something aside dps 4eva and encourages more to use a classic role playing during the fight. And also something that makes other flasks aside Death Defying Vial necessary.

Glad to see someone at least has some interest in it.

The 10 Essence of Darkness is an interesting proposal, I suppose it could be used as a way to increase the power of equipment and rings. Perhaps you could fill items with so-called "Chaos Stars" And the Yellow golden stars get filled over with every 50 Essence of Darkness consumed on the item (Only works on equipment with 5 stars already). Of course there's no reward without risk, so if you want to use it on a ring, beware, as it will be untradeable afterwards!

It's also true that with how the game currently works, there are many ways to make the battle super easy. I was thinking perhaps that the damage boosts you proposed become too important to lose and leaving the area for more flasks, could actually cost you the battle. And that perhaps Flask Stations on Invasion Outposts only have 1-3 charges. Meaning you can only refill all your flasks those 1-3 times. After there's no reliable way to get more other than whatever bonus the flask may provide such as Valorous Vial. Another route would be to nerf player damage similarly to Shadow Tower Ultra, just not nearly to same extreme (Perhaps a 75% Damage Reduction?).

The idea of stacking buffs is interesting and losing those buffs, which if important enough, would be harsh blow to anyone trying to cheese their way through the event. Perhaps some of the enemies have one hit kills and certain buffs will allow you to take those hits, but if you leave the area, the buff is lost. The Light increased per monster is a neat idea as well. Could be great and very important if damage reduction is implemented properly.

+ Reply to Thread