+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please increase the plant limit for clubs

Please increase the plant limit for clubs

With this update beeing all centered around gardening and giving Gardening a completelly new and interesting system, there had been multiple club members becomming more active and started to plant, waterm grow and harvest different plants inside our Club World.

However: After mere 4 players started using gardening, suddenly no one was able to place any further seeds anymore. Not the new plants and not even old stuff like Steed Feed! And it is really not like anyone did exaggerate with what we planted; check those screenshots:

First Garden:

Second Garden:

Third Garden:

Forth Garden:

And that is the limit? Those few plants? And what is about the remaining players who also want to start gardening now? And what's about interested returning players?

The only other way would be to force each single player to abandon all clubs except 1 and make 4 new club worlds per player which use is only to plant things or to use a cornerstone that comes with certain issues like griefing (let fluids flow inside), light handling or efficient watering (cornerstone is 16x16 and a watering can can only water plants in a 3x3 area).

In both cases, other people cant help by watering with a Tractor e.g. or take care of their vegetables generally.

For what are clubs there if not to have a community?

Plant together, play together, help eachother?

For a club to prosper and effectivelly work with this update, the plant limit has to be far more than those few plants that we can place now...

Please, Gamigo, please increase the plant limit drastically.

If the current plant limit is meant for 1 player, then have this limit multiplied with the number of active players inside a club, so with larger clubs we have more plants that we can place - without stealing eachother that plant limit away.

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...l=1#post820097
    PC/Mac General Discussion > Bobble pods by 83aurelien on June 4 2019 > Post #24
    I already discussed why there are plant limit, you can reply here instead, but I wanted to highlight and say somethings:

1) Cornerstone. Yes, I KNEW there are potential bugs. But so far and even most top players use it WITHOUT a doubt. Even my club President and come and asked me how to. If you refuse to accept it, then there is no point to whine on here, because they all existed for.... a... PURPOSE.

2) Club World is never meant for planting and even if it is for personal usage. The Club 2.0 and tweak on materials further proved my point, and regard on those search through old threads but no necro-posting. This is also why Vault Club is introduced. Don't forget we play for free and for every SINGLE Club World we created, we are adding more stuff to the Trove server. This is WHY they always take action including this "500 limit" thingy. Do not blame Gamigo or Trove team for this, blame about our current technology, blame Trovians who are being too salty but never ever "donated" a single cent to Trove for better server.

3) Today... I just met someone complain or defame another player about club grieving in another famous club world. Again, club grieving is still happening and it is all about trust. Even many games including the Clan Management on Boom Beach still only can requires "trust" to prevent grieving. You might think your other 4 club mates can be trusted, but things and time might change. This reminds me my old Club President back in years who lost a Dragon Crucible from a trusted high ranked member. I cannot STRESS ENOUGH but, grieving existed. This is why they also decided the "500 limit".

4) Some Trovians apparently spamming 9999*9999 Steed Feeds to supply our current market with Steed Feeds, and Trove doesn't feel happy due to entities. It isn't like I hate Trove, but I don't understand why older plants are ALSO affected. Because there are MANY club worlds are using plants as decoration, and those members are likely "donated" to server. I don't see any reasons why OLD plants are getting involved unless they don't intend to let players spam Steed Feeds.

5) I am well aware that Watering Can is expensive and so there is a reason to share plants in club. (Read 6 about Everlasting) But don't forget we got Watering and Harvesting Badge. 2 members can get different tractors and work on each Achievement, and then buy another tractor and switch when they got another 1-2 Million f (which is ez nowadays, Google Utube). If plant limit is too high, they can get the badges too early and nothing to do. The further change on Bobble Pod proved Club World isn't recommended to plant, and planting on own Cornerstone is more beneficial due to badge.

6) Superior Organic Refuse is easy to get as long as you get to max skill, which is a piece of cake, seriously. Join Discord Community and check up their location, and then craft Superior Compost Heap. Cookie Musk is not hard to get, as well as the EVERLASTING Watering Can (as said, a MUST for a badge). The only problem will be the 500 Cupcakes for 25 set of 20 Watering Can. Either face the stupid Bone to Cupcake seeds conversion rate, buy, or gather during Tuesday. This one I agree need to change so no more stupid jokes. But hey, you cam just max the Gardening Skill thanks to cheap Veggies supply to craft seed, you might not even need more than 500 Watering Can.

RIP planting 5000+ plants in my club world on the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and then harvesting on Tuesday. I did this last fall for Chestnuts that I needed for crafting costumes.

Cupecakes have always been in short supply, but they can be farmed by running around the Candoria biome. I used to collect cupcakes as a side task while farming Infinium.

Quote Originally Posted by PichuYang View Post
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...l=1#post820097
    PC/Mac General Discussion > Bobble pods by 83aurelien on June 4 2019 > Post #24
    I already discussed why there are plant limit, you can reply here instead, but I wanted to highlight and say somethings:

This forum topic is about bobble pods, which are irrelevant for this request here. This request is about people who want to garden normally and can't do this as a community.

1) Cornerstone. Yes, I KNEW there are potential bugs. But so far and even most top players use it WITHOUT a doubt. Even my club President and come and asked me how to. If you refuse to accept it, then there is no point to whine on here, because they all existed for.... a... PURPOSE.
    Cornerstones can indeed be used for gardening, but there are multiple problems coming with them:

-Cornerstone is a personal thing. This means no one can use his Hydration Tractor to help watering. everything you got there needs to be watered by yourself. And I am pretty sure that even your own Tractor that you bought will not work here (I will test this and update this part with results). What I tested was trying to water needed plants from someone else, but this turned out to be impossible. Cornerstones are you yourself without socializing.

-Bugs: as mentioned, some people lost plants to reset bug, and at least on PTS some people confirmed that old plants were no longer interactable. Even if this part was fixed now, it still leaves an unsafe feeling behind.
    -Trolls: Other people can easily flood your cornerstone, accidentally or not. If you build a safety wall around, then you lose growing space.

-If you can't play for a few days, then you can not ask someone else to take care of your cornerstone plants by watering and harvesting for you. In our club someone was able to ask for this and therefore he will not lose any gardening days for his plants.

-People have Cornerstones with awesome builds inside that took lots of efford to create and polish. Don't be seriously telling that people should nuke their cornerstone to make a gardening spot out of that. And not everyone got the cubits to buy multiple cornerstone slots.
    -Cornerstones are pretty tight. Even after ignoring everything else, you still need to either use more than the usual number of Watering Cans or you can not make use of the whole space you got there because of the 3x3 watering range.

2) Club World is never meant for planting and even if it is for personal usage. The Club 2.0 and tweak on materials further proved my point, and regard on those search through old threads but no necro-posting. This is also why Vault Club is introduced. Don't forget we play for free and for every SINGLE Club World we created, we are adding more stuff to the Trove server. This is WHY they always take action including this "500 limit" thingy. Do not blame Gamigo or Trove team for this, blame about our current technology, blame Trovians who are being too salty but never ever "donated" a single cent to Trove for better server.
    This is a completelly ridiculous and made-up argument!

If clubs were never meant to be used for gardening, then this update would not have came with 3 new mounts that can be only used in club worlds.

The other part of your argument regarding Vault Clubs is also invalid! I was around when this update happened and Trion Worlds did clearly state that Vault Clubs are a cheaper alternative for people who only have clubs created in order to store items. It was one way to reduce the unnecessary amount of strain to Trove's servers by lots of 1-biome-clubs with maybe 3 chests on them. To support this purpose, Vault clubs can store more items than normal clubs.

Vault Clubs were never meant to replace normal community clubs. Vault Clubs were meant to get gid of 1-biome-Club-Worlds whose only purpose is to store items.

With another update, Trion did even add this moving Club President function to *keep* Community Clubs alive, even if the leader becomes inactive.

3) Today... I just met someone complain or defame another player about club grieving in another famous club world. Again, club grieving is still happening and it is all about trust. Even many games including the Clan Management on Boom Beach still only can requires "trust" to prevent grieving. You might think your other 4 club mates can be trusted, but things and time might change. This reminds me my old Club President back in years who lost a Dragon Crucible from a trusted high ranked member. I cannot STRESS ENOUGH but, grieving existed. This is why they also decided the "500 limit".
    I fully agree that griefing is serious trouble for clubs; even with permissions and ranks updates. This is a legit reason why people could not want to entrust placing their plants inside a club.

In our club we are currently handling this issue with a certain rank that only other gardening people will get. It works perfectly. If someone stops gardening, then he will lose that rank again. This is not perfect, but it highly reduces chance for trouble.

However, your second argument misses the point: The 500-limit does by no means prevent griefing! It is even the opposide: if you *can* grief someone and the plant limit is reached, then it suddenly becomes very tempting to reduce some plants from other peoples, so you can grow your own stuff again...

**Off-topic: As Club Leader I would really love to have a function that allows and forbidds a certain player to build in a certain biome, rather than only beeing able to controll this with those 6 ranks and 4 zone restrictions.**

4) Some Trovians apparently spamming 9999*9999 Steed Feeds to supply our current market with Steed Feeds, and Trove doesn't feel happy due to entities. It isn't like I hate Trove, but I don't understand why older plants are ALSO affected. Because there are MANY club worlds are using plants as decoration, and those members are likely "donated" to server. I don't see any reasons why OLD plants are getting involved unless they don't intend to let players spam Steed Feeds.
    If older plants count towards plant limit, too, then this has to be an oversight from developers.

Many clubs have decorated their clubs with plants, made gardening schools with decorative elements and made beautiful green areas with tons of plants (just thinking on the area below the spawn of /joinworld googletranslate as example). What club doesn't? It's understandable why Steed Feed could count towards that limit (even if you can still decorate pretty good with those, too), but other plants with only cosmetic purpose must not count here.

One solution that I stated above is to use a limit-per-active-player and if that is too unsure then have everyone beeing able to have this 500 limit. That issue is a 500-limit that gets shared by each single member of the club, which would mean 5 plants per player if 100 peoples are gardening - to give an extreme example.

5) I am well aware that Watering Can is expensive and so there is a reason to share plants in club. (Read 6 about Everlasting) But don't forget we got Watering and Harvesting Badge. 2 members can get different tractors and work on each Achievement, and then buy another tractor and switch when they got another 1-2 Million f (which is ez nowadays, Google Utube). If plant limit is too high, they can get the badges too early and nothing to do. The further change on Bobble Pod proved Club World isn't recommended to plant, and planting on own Cornerstone is more beneficial due to badge.
    With each update there are badge hunters and elitists that want to snipe everything before anyone else does. But while there is this elite in Trove, there are also causal players on the other side, who might not even care about getting the watering badge or not.

In our club, those who want to water for the badge, just leave a 'please don't water for me' sign and other members are happy to have been lightened of that burden.

If you say that people could 'snipe' the watering plants away for the badge, then it would be the same issue as griefing, which you state in argument #3. If you leave griefing aside, then everyone can only profit from farming in clubs.

About spending millions for mounts I disagree with you. Not everyone got that money, which is exactly why new players are really greatful if other people, who bought those (like me) offer their service to them. And don't understand me wrong: I did buy that mount in order to be a helping hand to everyone in club. I didn't even know about that badge when I made that decision and I would water those plants even if it gave no badge at all. I love helping and causing other people to have a pleasant upate experience this way.

I agree with you that updates should least a while and that content becomes boring if it can be completed too quickly.

However, you missed the point of the Bobble Pod Hotfix:
    -This update did not want you to stop planting in Club Worlds. This would mean that people got their Bobble Pods from Club Worlds.
    -The issue at hand was that people were able to completelly bypass the new plants that came with 'Getting Green' if they just walked over grass in adventure worlds and farmed those glim-rich Fae dungeons with alts. Getting Bobble Pods from random plants in adventure worlds is no longer possible, while getting Bobble Pods from harvesting 'Getting Green plants' has increased significantly.

-> In short: Gamigo wants us to seed, water, grow and harvest more of those new plants instead of running over random grass in adventure worlds.

That Bobble Pod update is by no means an update against Club Worlds. However, this hotfix can debatably be seen as a step that prevents people from progressing too fast through the content.

6) Superior Organic Refuse is easy to get as long as you get to max skill, which is a piece of cake, seriously. Join Discord Community and check up their location, and then craft Superior Compost Heap. Cookie Musk is not hard to get, as well as the EVERLASTING Watering Can (as said, a MUST for a badge). The only problem will be the 500 Cupcakes for 25 set of 20 Watering Can. Either face the stupid Bone to Cupcake seeds conversion rate, buy, or gather during Tuesday. This one I agree need to change so no more stupid jokes. But hey, you cam just max the Gardening Skill thanks to cheap Veggies supply to craft seed, you might not even need more than 500 Watering Can.
    It is really awesome how a whole new movement appeared with people all over Trove's community working together and socializing in order to provide Ally Homes and their location to other players while those players are eager to visit your club in return. Usually to just grab the ally, but often people explore. And no one can denie that they have seen clubs over the last few days that they did not even know those existed.

It is a super healthy system that keeps the engines running, supports interaction and perfectly shows what Trove's Club Worlds got to offer.

The developers specially included that ability that lets us interact with Ally Homes from other clubs. This only proves that it the connection between gardening and clubs is not only intended but also encouraged.

~Holy

TL;DR:
    Gamigo does like it that we are gardening in club worlds and socializing with eachother.

Hey Holy, I can assure you that Tractors WORKS on Cornerstone. I witness this with my own eyes and even asking them in World, and others from Global.

I think the 500 plants limit is to disencourage club members from planting in a club with too many members and a lot of arguments: Griefing, Badge completion can happen. Yes, this is why Tractor sharing is the point of using club, but the 500 limit is ALSO prevent you can get watering badge within a day, due to 100 members are planting at least 10 plants. You get 1000 per day by also selling with flux to them. Since top players only care MR, not the flux.

Another reason about the limit is they don't want only 1- 4 clubs only hold most of the habitats donated by other clubs. They want the habitat, also act like Repose of Hero to share clubs within the community. However, today the owner of the community shout out their sorrow. Where visiting too many clubs per day is a joke. Yes, "Gamigo does like it that we are gardening in club world", but how about 100 clubs? Can you bear it?

I agree with PY that old plants should not be included as the limit. I also add up that habitats should not be but, that might be why is the "500 limit" is there. I cannot say that current situation is the best.

But I also cannot say that planting in club worlds is tons better and needed to change amount. Especially Trion Support is already busy as hell and another Trovian whine about grieving to support. Even it isn't for badge exploit, they HAD to do it so even when grieving happened, the loss isn't too big.

About the watering cost... I cannot get Tractor too. But I ran through Candoria and I didn't realize that the Cupcake seeds conversion rate is stupid. Still, I got Everlasting Can which is cheaper than Tractor, it is also faster than regular can. I also believe Gamigo wants us to get it asap so we can reduce the cost.

And PY also mentioned Bobble Pods because it is related. We can't get easy free seeds as now but only crafting. This also means even if we don't have Everlasting Can, we don't suffer the pain of watering 300 per day. I do agree about the stupid activeness to take care the plant, which sounds similar to a removed daily login token system, and why club is there. But this is also on purpose I believe. So you cannot rely on clubmates to do the job for one month and you take the plants back after it. It destroy the puspose for "encourage you to login to farm". I hate it too, but many higher tiers plants have long watering/harvesting time. So i cannot agree that you must be login everyday to harvest. Not to mention the time to harvest cannot be defined because every plants have a fixed cycle. Gold Watering Can will change the cycle from W W W H W H to W H W H W H, where one more harvest happen even it whiters on 15 days.

In my opinion, I feel confused on whether Gamigo wanted to encourage us plant in club worlds or not, due to many potential issues.

Hey, NULL, there are some info you need to know:

1) Hydration Tractor WORKS on Cornerstone. I owned it so I know. So far, no one has been complaining that they only work in Club World unless they never own a Tractor before. Did you read that the last patch mentioned to fix the movement speed description on Tractors? If it is only for Club World, there will be a clear description there. But there isn't. So other Tractors work on cornerstone as well.

2) Water raiding won't work unless your plants are fully grown, and entering into watering/harvesting stage:

The only thing you should worry that is when you open up Cornerstone during farming Adventure World. BUT, press "[". It is your Cornerstone default button, and getting another one is not too hard at all. "Not enough farming space by building wall" "Need to clear all well decorated parts" are not an issue at all. UNLESS, you go and decorate ALL of your Cornerstone plots. Then it is your issue then.

3) Many Trovians are doing it on cornerstone and so far no one has been reporting to here AFTER Gardening Update. I'm also one of them and I will post here to raise alert if anything happened on me or someone I know. So there is no reason for you just to worry about the bug, especially if you know there are someone planting tons of Radiant Alchemy Plants or high tier seeds while facing the risk.

4) Let's not talking about the server space issues with Vault Club or normal Club, but the "500 limit". I assumed the main purpose is to prevent badge exploitation, where you also said the recent update is to prevent alt account getting seeds too easily. If there is no 500 limit, all you got to do is gather your "minions", transfer the seeds to you and roam with Bovine Buildmaster EVERYDAY instead of one day (due to 500 limit if implemented). The badges like watering, and harvesting will be a joke, which leads to complain in here. Even after recent change, there is no reason to change away this "500 limit" due to seeds harder to get. But many Trovians have lower grade seeds now and only "1000+ limit" will be enough for them. Still, they don't want Watering Badge being exploited.

5) It will be more entities to load if they setup the owner of the seed in the club world.

Instead of increasing plant limit, I would rather see Vault Club get upgraded into group club, where 5-10 Trovians will get:
    - 1 Personal Club Chest (55 space, locked to individual, since there is no point to store low grade Stellar Gear it is sufficient)
    - 1 Club Member Chest (55 space, share with every members, they take their own risk when using)
    - 1 Club Officer Chest (55 space, shared with Officer only)
    - Instead of 1 Radiant Vault, a large horizontal vault will appear instead.
    - 1 individual farming land PER Trovian, 5*100 in front of the vault. No habitat can be planted. Just a floating skyland to reduce load. Got a sign to trigger Watering Permission (locked to individual) and ONLY watering is allowed on other's lands. To check this, the dev team just simply create a collision area rather than assign the parameter to individual plants. Watering badge DOESN'T count on other's land in order to respect the assumed "500 limit": Watering Badge exploitation.
    - 3 roles only: President, Officer and Members. Kicking is not allowed UNLESS the member is on leave for 30-90 Days. Afterwards the item on their Personal Club Chest and farming land will be CLEARED to free up space for new member.
    - Officer has rights to use Officer chest and kick inactive members.
    - President can edit rights so Officers cannot use Club Member Chest, which can create a possibly 2 group chests. The trust issue will be only at President. They can also edit minimal kicking period.
    - Every Trovian can only have either 1 Vault Club or 1 Vault Group Club. Don't worry, this is sufficient unless you decided to store useless Stellars and many other collectibles from Luxion. However, you will be using alternate account instead.
    - To upgrade to Vault Group Club, 5 members are needed. No one is allowed to be inside the world when upgrading. It can be done via "P" to upgrade. Another type of card might be introduced, but not expensive than Club World Card to make sure it needs fair effort to get it.

This isn't just my idea, this also has been mentioned by other Trovians to have a dedicated farming space, while also prevent badge exploits, grieving and trying to merge multiple Vault Clubs. What I suggested didn't even need too much effort for the dev especially the User Interface part, with "Fixture" being a free up space to adjust. Of course, they can just add plant limit to 1000 or more, but that will beats up their original intention.

Other suggestions for the dev also include:
    - 25% - 60% more Cupcake/Bone spawn on the certain biomes. 8-10 Bleached Bones to 15 Cupcakes instead, and Sunlight Bulbs cost reduced to 20.
    - Old plants will not be counted into limit so Cupcakes can also be planted if a Trovian wish so. (Also don't forget how your livestreamer team feel excited when they enter a beautiful club world? Don't make the stupid limit hinder their creativity) When cupcakes are easier to get, both Watering Can and Everlasting one will be too. Then there will be less reason in an urge of a club world to share "water".
    - Water will not destroy ungrown plants in cornerstone. In the meanwhile, Trovians can switch between primary and secondary farming cornerstone to prevent a troll flooding it when you are not around.
    - Prepare to answer "Cornerstone Bug" or remove limit so any kind of Gardening badge will be a joke, and reminds Trovians when they faced grieving issues that it is their own responsibility to share world.

+ Reply to Thread