+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vanguardian Materials Requirement

Vanguardian Materials Requirement

I don't know if this was some random bug or glitch. But I was in the process of farming/buying materials for vanguardian as well as my other classes. So since VG required so many materials, i wrote everything down to the very last material in a notebook i keep beside my computer. The last 2 weeks i have been looking at it and have posted the materials to chat on many occasions so i know that i haven't been seeing things. The sentience shard requirements went up from 20 to 60. I got my 10th shard today and he asked me if i needed 10 more and i said no, i needed 50 more and he was surprised i said that amount because it was 20 the last time he looked. He then did an online search and found that the materials requirement had indeed changed. Anyone else experience this? Many people have said it was 60 but also others have said it was 20 which makes the situation weird.

Sell all those materials and buy credit pouches from market, then buy VG from store...
    On console this is way cheaper but I don't know PC market

Ive already made everything (except the shards)...i just want to know was this intended as a cash grab or was it just a bug/glitch that it showed for 20 sentience. Also i cant afford to spend real money and the credit pouches are out of my price range. I could only buy a few things and since i didnt have to work for 2 weeks i was able to farm a lot of it

You can throw beacons for shards (1 beacon = 1 shard).

Throw beacon parties in your club during rampage to become super popular (lol).

VG is really old now, I doubt they'll adjust the costs at this point. It's only hard until you get it. And what's a game without a few challenges, eh?

Throw beacons.

wiki says 60.

Yes, the requirement is 60.
    Don't forget you can open Lesser Neon Caches to get 2 types of Dragon Fragments, with 10 you can convert to a Sentience Shard. Crafting a beacon is too expensive and it is more like flux sink but benefits massive club members as well. At least they don't have to suffer on Uber 3 Neon City to watch a Shadow Hunter hit WITHOUT a Class Gem while aggro the titan into Plasma, rather than leaving the job to Draco with CG and help blocking plasma.
    Consider invest an Amperium Sentience Legendary Tome so you can get more Sentience Shard per week in the long run. Why Trovians recommend spending 3000 Credits on Vanguardian Pack is the following reasons:

1) Better than throwing beacons. If you buy Credit Packs at 100 000 - 130 000 price per, 130 000 * 12 = around 1.5 Million f. Yes, it may sounds expensive, but don't forget why we have Geode caves and why the price of some Tier 1-2 materials are still high but no one go harvest them? I earned 4-5m f during the last week where there was a Chaos Chest rewards that needs Cave Birds and Fireheart Flowers. 400 f Cave Birds. Ez flux. "I have no flux to buy credit" is an excuse. BUT "Credit is so expensive right now" isn't , due to the needs on 3 Tractors that cost 3000 credits per. Even last few weeks 2x Credits deal isn't enough.

2) Windtunnel and Paragon of the Past cost a LOT of Sentience Shards. Not to mention the total materials needed to craft those 2 plus the Vanguard itself. You aren't just paying the pass to bypass the timegate of Sentience Shards itself, but also the raw materials. Yes, of course you can always spend 15 minutes+ during Dragon Day X;30 mark or Gem Day just for a Rampage, even you have completed "200 Ramapges Completed" Badge, but 15 minutes can also do a lot of things. You are also paying for weeks of 15 minutes too, not to mention 1.5m Flux is a joke thanks to TONS of Utube teaching and cheap materials like Golden Souls and Primodial Flames have raised thanks to Gardening 2.0. That 15 minutes during weeks of Gathering Days could also help you cover a lot of things.

3) Vanguadrain is MEANT to be FIRST EXPERT Class, however, it is later moved to "Advanced Class" in Chaos Core Crafter, or even included in latest "Sweet Sixteen Pack" for 20 USD. Because it is very versatile till you don't need to max 2 classes to do your jobs, mainly Shadow Tower, Uber 9 Gem Farming and Uber 10 Crystal 3 + 5* Farming. It doesn't mean he is OP, he is instead, Jack of All Trade. Run not as fast as Neon Ninja due to heavily relying on "1", Range DPS not very devastating unless "+50% class damage bonus boost". However, Uber 10 bring back him alive thanks to crazy Lazor Eye damage vs Neon Ninja slower 3 Shurrikens kill. Still, because he WAS an expert class, he is MEANT not to super easy to get.

The requirement has always been 60 Sentient shards. This is why it took me 42 days of doing rampages for my 4 alt accounts to be able to acquire the 60 Sentient shards needed to craft the Vanguardian. 42 days of rampages giving one Sentient shard per day, plus the dragon fragments converted at 10:1 to Sentient shards reduced the time required from 60 days down to 42 days. I sold the Neon city scrap cases that I got from doing the rampages, and those sales allowed me to buy any other needed materials for crafting the Vanguardian and have extra flux left over.

I would say that if you saw it saying 10 or 20, that it was a bug, or more likely that you were looking at another item in the crafter that needed 10 or 20 and not at the Van class.

If you search the forums, you can find several posts just prior to the Heroes update that detailed all of the materials that would be needed for crafting everything in the Resistor crafting bench.

Exclamation

As a Vanguard main I can safely say that the requirements have, for the most part, been the same. The class did at one point have other requirements such as Cinnabar, Shadow Shards, and Radiant Shards. Clearly this is no longer the case but the other Materials such as Sentience Shards, Plasmium, Blank Scrolls, and Chaos Cores are still there with the following additions for a total of:

60x Sentience Shards
    (8 Weeks and 4 Days worth of Daily Rampages).

1x Intriguing Kernel Map
    (1100x Plasmium, 400x Robotic Salvage, 10x Chaos Cores, 75x Blank Scrolls, and lastly, 20x Logic Loops).

1x Coded Message
    (5250x Plasmium, 525x Robotic Salvage, 160x Blank Scrolls, as well as 1x Decoder Ring, requiring an additional 6000x Plasmium, 75x Robotic Salvage, 20x Charged Circuits, 20x Memory Matrices, and lastly, 1x Plain Metal Ring).

This leads to a grand sum of:

12350x Plasmium (35,815 Flux at current price value of 2.9 per unit MINIMUM).
    1000x Robotic Salvage (84,000 Flux at current price value of 84 per unit MINIMUM).
    235x Blank Scrolls (89,065 Flux at current price value of 379 per unit MINIMUM).
    60x Sentience Shards (8 Weeks and 4 Days worth of Daily Rampages assuming no other methods to obtain more are used).
    20x Logic Loops (29,800 Flux at current price value of 1,490 per unit MINIMUM).
    20x Charged Circuits (68,000 Flux at current price value of 3,400 per unit MINIMUM).
    20x Memory Matrices (92,000 Flux at current price value of 4,600 per unit MINIMUM).
    10x Chaos Cores (Hopefully you already have this, if not, keep farming those Chaos Chests!).
    1x Plain Metal Ring (14 Flux at current price value of 14 per unit MINIMUM).

This leads to total cost of 398,694 Flux ASSUMING you're able to buy the materials for the above mentioned prices.

Now what exactly does this mean for those who simply want to go with the, for lack of a better term, "pay to win" route? Well simply put if you are going to BUY the Vanguardian rather than farm for it, 2 options are available. Option 1) Buy the Small Credit Pouch Pack for $19.99 and sell each pouch at a price you see fit in order to buy all the materials. OR, Option 2) Purchase the Sweet Sixteen Pack for the same $19.99, Granting you the Vanuaguardian along with any other classes you have yet to unlock. So which option would be better? Well that's simple. But before that let me say this: It's simply just my opinion, but I'm of the belief that you should simply craft all the classes yourself since their requirements are relatively low and quite affordable, Vanguardian excluded of course.

Why do I say that? Well for starters it's possible to get MORE Credit Pouches from the Sweet Sixteen Pack than it is from the Small Credit Pouch Pack despite both costing the EXACT SAME amount. If players already own a certain class they will be Granted ONE TRADEABLE POUCH. So from here it's just simple math.

Own 13 or more Classes? More than 12 Pouches! (Small Credit Pouch Pack) < (Sweet Sixteen Pack)

Own 12 or Less Classes? Less than or Equal to 12 Pouches! (Small Credit Pouch Pack) > (Sweet Sixteen Pack)

Basically this means that if you own all 15 Classes aside from Vanguardian, you're entitled to a Maximum of 15 Credit Pouches! 3 More than you would have gotten from the Small Credit Pouch Pack for the exact same price of $19.99! That's an extra 450K-525K roughly speaking, based on 150,000 - 175,000 Flux per pouch sold on the market.

Speaking of which, let's not forget the original question posed on Sentience Shards.

If Sentience Shards are an issue, the dragon fragments from the Lesser Neon Caches will provide you with 1 Shard per 10 Fragments.

Depending on the route that you go, you can also look into Crafting the Amperium Sentience Tome which will provide you with an additional 5 Sentience Shards a week. If we were running on the presumption that you had the Tome from the very beginning and you do all your daily Rampages, it would take you 5 weeks MINIMUM to gather all the Sentience Shards necessary to craft the class since you'll be effectively making 12 Shards a week, 1 a day for seven days + an extra 5 a week. And this isn't including those Amperium or Resistor Dragon Egg Fragments either.

The tome itself however, will add to your expenses if you wish to buy most of the materials which include:

18x Charged Circuits (61,200 Flux at current price value of 3400 per unit MINIMUM).
    18x Memory Matrices (82,800 Flux at current price value of 4600 per unit MINIMUM).
    18x Logic Loops (26,820 Flux at current price value of 1490 per unit MINIMUM).
    10x Hearts of Darkness (28,000 Flux at current price value of 2800 per unit MINIMUM).
    5x Shaper's Stars (25 Titan Souls from Shadow Tower).

This comes up to a grand total of 198,820 Flux. Add this to our Vanguardian's already steep price of 398,694 Flux and the total sum incurred leads up to 597,514 Flux, also ASSUMING the above prices are used.

Whether or not you think the Amperium Sentience Tome is worth it, I'll leave up to you.

Realistically this is all conjecture for a variety factors, but ultimately the requirements for actually crafting the Vanguardian have not changed at all in a long time.

In conclusion Vanguard is both an expensive and a grind intensive class to obtain, and in the end even if you fork up the $20 to either the Sweet Sixteen Pack or the standard 12 Credit Pouches you'll still have to do some minimal work on your part. Grinding for what's essentially 600K however, is quite easily done and manageable. So for anyone thinking to just spend $20 (Which I don't really recommend), perhaps give it a second thought?

I grinded for my VG and while it wasn't fun, it was far more fulfilling and gratifying having worked for the class rather than buying it out. This is just my honest opinion. As for the info stated above, do what you will with it.
    IGN: Hyperiem | Main Class: Vanguardian - Power Rank: 30.8K | Total Mastery: +430 | Total Hours: +1200

R.A.F: Just heard about TROVE and want to jump in? Use this link, create your character, and battle on! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf
    Total Referrals: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperiem View Post
    {edited for Brevity} This leads to total cost of 398,694 Flux ASSUMING you're able to buy the materials for the above mentioned prices. This means that if you wanted to spend money to get the class but you already own 5 or more classes, it would be far more profitable and worthwhile to buy Credit Pouches instead.

Now this is just my opinion, but I'm of the belief that you should simply craft all the classes yourself since their requirements are relatively low and quite affordable, Vanguard excluded of course.

Doing so will also allow you to buy Vanguard from the sweet sixteen pack and get an additional 1-3 more Credit Pouches than you WOULD have gotten from the small Credit Pouch Pack of the same amount of $20 since you get 1 Tradeable Credit Pouch per class that you already own as compensation. Again this is assuming that you own 13-15 classes already, as owning 12 will just break even with buying Credit Pouches.

Again this is all assuming a variety of things but ultimately the requirements for actually crafting the Vanguardian have not changed at all in a long time. If Sentience Shards are an issue, the dragon fragments from the Lesser Neon Caches will provide you with 1 Shard per 10 Fragments.

Grinding for what's essentially 600K however, is quite easily done and manageable. So for anyone thinking to just spend $20 (Which I don't really recommend), perhaps give it a second thought?[/I]

I grinded for my VG and while it wasn't fun, it was far more fulfilling and gratifying having worked for the class rather than buying it out. These are just my opinions but with the info stated above, do with it what you will.
    I'm sorry, but I also do not agree with those that say to "just buy it with credit pouches". Farming enough flux to buy the credit pouches would have taken me a much longer time than the actual 42 days that I took to farm the mats.

Based on your math above, its appears to be actually now cheaper to buy the mats. Last time that I checked credit pouch prices some months ago, it was up over 1.5 mil in flux to buy enough credit pouches for purchasing the basic VAN pack.

Granted that at the time I had a club with a rampage world help open during that time, It was very easy for me to farm the rampages to get the Sentient shards.

I will say that I did spend the $20 for the Van on my main account as I wanted it on day 1, but I farmed on all the alt accounts.

Always been 60 for me from day 1. That’s why I farmed Flux for credit pouches. It was faster than gathering 60 shards and you also get those wings that also required a butt load of shards too.
    So either you experienced a glitch or you are just mistaken.

+ Reply to Thread