+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tamed geode eggs? Wow. Even worse than bronze eggs. Why to not bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowser View Post
    Hello there,

I added the Tamed Eggs were as a new way for folks to find eggs from specific companions. I can happily report that the drop rate is higher than 1.8% and you should certainly be finding more than 2 in an hour if you are helping out the majority of the cave creatures you're coming across.

I can also add that the rate of getting a rare when using a lodestar with tamed eggs is slightly higher than that of getting a rare with a normal bronze egg.

I can also report that, even though people are saying it, there is no truth in the statement that this is the “last update ever”. We are still working away on new updates and quality of life fixes for existing content.

As always, we appreciate the feedback!
    Say, someone only needed one more specific rare, they're only going to help the critters that's ofcourse the source, but hunting only a specific critter means that the odd is split. And getting a tamed egg out of them requires a certain low percentage, and also getting the rare hatch out of those tamed eggs also require an incredibly low percentage.

To summarize, the percentage of getting a specific tamed egg AND percentage of hatching a rare out of them is incredibly low which makes them no better than just farming bronze companion eggs.

your data is 4 1 type, the devs are using for all.
    They think the drop rate is x4 higher then your results I think.

That would only change the eggs per hour, but not the 1.88% .

You would help more critters, which results in more eggs, but still at the same 1.88% chance.

IGN : Autumn| Leader of Laezaria

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    That would only change the eggs per hour, but not the 1.88% .

You would help more critters, which results in more eggs, but still at the same 1.88% chance.
    The only thing I can think is that maybe your data set wasn't big enough, but nearly 600 should be plenty for a decent "ballpark" (regardless of the dataset size, there's always a margin of error, but higher amounts of data shrink that margin). I suspect it's probably in th 2.5% - 3% range.

Edit: Out of curiosity, did you only help hoppets or all critters? If all critters, did the numbers vary much for the eggs dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by Meowser View Post
    I can also add that the rate of getting a rare when using a lodestar with tamed eggs is slightly higher than that of getting a rare with a normal bronze egg.
    !

Meowser

No one uses lode stars on eggs as we have had 0 greater results when using them.
    To get rares people are speed farming 100s of eggs, using lode stars on them would be very costly on top of the speed boosts even if the results were a little better.

Like the original poster these rare companions are 1 of the last items I need in game, I'm 6/8 even after buying 32 golden eggs from lux at 300 coins per.....
    After that I will not even try to get my last 2 eggs 6 months later I'm still pissed at wasting 200.00 usd trying to get them in a last ditch effort from lux..

This is a fun new idea but no one wants to do geode once you have almost maxed it, geode is very boring.
    To help us stuck at 6/8 7/8 and only needing these for max mastery we need a iffy companion egg with a guarantee.
    I would trade 200 bronze for a iffy egg........ 500 dragon coins.... Million flux....

6.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #16
    Hello All,

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    Are you saying that my data is wrong?
    I greatly appreciate you taking the time and effort to collect this data, but that doesn’t mean you have landed upon the actual drop rate. As Wrz said, you may have been moving off too quickly to receive the eggs.

That said, to make sure the numbers are correct, I went and double checked the data. I initially looked specifically for hoppets, but I reviewed the data for all the other companions as well. I confirmed that, in data, the rate is higher than the 1.88% you are reporting. On our internal server I also spawned and assisted 585 hoppets and I received 33 eggs, which is much closer to the expected rate and much higher than the 1.88% you are reporting.

I understand that this is not what you wanted to hear but I am not planning to change the drop rates for tame companion eggs at this time. That said, we might be looking into implementing more or better ways to use those eggs to better target companion unlocks in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    No one uses lode stars on eggs as we have had 0 greater results when using them.
    I'll bring this up to the team and see if we can make some changes here to make lodestars more worthwhile.

Thank you all again.
    Trove loves you just the way you are.

So, according to your data 33 / 585 means 5.64% drop chance which is "closer", then about 5-6% maybe, anyway much higher than my 1.88% results.

"you may have been moving off too quickly to receive the eggs."

So, you're basically semi-confirming that looting range is an issue and we have to be slower in order to get more eggs. I don't understand why you're using this system instead of using the other system which simply drops the item in your invetory, instead of looting it (example: dragon egg fragments, pearls, chaos chests).

I will take more time to re-test with more hoppets and staying right near them until the whole animation is finished (most likely my critters seen assumption will go down).

And yeah... please look at the loadstars, because it's clearly an issue. Thank you for your time.

I'd kinda like to see a return of the "Promising" eggs where the lodestars were guaranteed to do something. Just my two cents. Maybe make it permanent while we're at it.

As for these tamed eggs, it does feel like this has slightly inflated the minimum eggs needed to break into the top 1000 weekly for eggs found.

I got my last rare last night from a Tame Hoppet egg. Now 8 of 8 rares. Guess I was pretty lucky, but feels good after what I would estimate as 3,000 bronze eggs opened. In any case the update can only help people chances and it won't hurt changes.

Ok, I have some updates and the results are extremely mixed, I cannot have conclusion at the moment, but I am overall disappointed.

So, after the patch I tried to do runs ONLY in a 3x3 range of the hoppets and I always waited until they completely despawned. The first hour of doing this, the results were actually amazing, they were close to what the dev said aproximately 5-6% drop chance on tamed eggs.

This was yesterday on 4th of June after the patch. I was suspecting they secretly improved the odds after that patch, but let's assume they didn't and the real issue was the looting range from the critter to get the tamed egg.

Today however, on my 2nd run of 1 hour, the results are a complete diaster. (ignore the critters seen / hoppets helped % ratio)

How can one be presumably extremely luck and extremely unlucky? Or maybe there are other factors that affect the rate, such as we might've discovered, this looting range, other unknown factors might affect the final result as well.

Oh and btw, let's check out what I got by opening the 8 eggs in 2 hours. On 2 of them I used loadstars, because I had them laying around.

I will further test, but at the moment 2 hours compared to the other SPEED way of faming, this is double, but still too inconsistent. Further samples are required to establish a conclusion.

I'll keep this updated as I test. But I am still disappointed, especially by the useless nature of loadstars on eggs.

And please, @devs, don't just assume the players are stupid, in this case we were both right, my testing was correct at 1.88% and your rate is 5-6% , but the variable that was conflicting was unknown at the time. We have to look at this objectively to figure out what the interference might be.

+ Reply to Thread