+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tamed geode eggs? Wow. Even worse than bronze eggs. Why to not bother.

I have noticed something that could be coincidence or not. The more commonly found critters (can be found in all 3 caves) give eggs decently often. Moonlight Grotto seems to drop the eggs the most to me.

i think the counter restarts with each new cave dive as I get the eggs more often in the middle or end of my runs.

The rarer to be found (cave-specific) critters like the fish looking one, the one that flashes you with the white light, and the one that "spits" on you and destroys the block you are on...I never got an egg from these 3 in 4 runs.

That might need looking into or maybe I haven't given enough to them, but I have helped MANY of each of those 3 and get no eggs.

Can you please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if it is bugged?

The egg drops as soon as they despawn and sometimes takes about 2-5 seconds to register that you got it.

PLEASE make it somehow give it to you quicker? Those plants ruin your day while you wait. I cannot reliably get past Tier 4 as my gear is not fully upgraded on the PC version yet. I cannot imagine how bad it must be to wait in tier 4 and 5 with the plants constantly spamming you lol

2.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageSergal View Post
    I have noticed something that could be coincidence or not. The more commonly found critters (can be found in all 3 caves) give eggs decently often. Moonlight Grotto seems to drop the eggs the most to me.

i think the counter restarts with each new cave dive as I get the eggs more often in the middle or end of my runs.

The rarer to be found (cave-specific) critters like the fish looking one, the one that flashes you with the white light, and the one that "spits" on you and destroys the block you are on...I never got an egg from these 3 in 4 runs.

That might need looking into or maybe I haven't given enough to them, but I have helped MANY of each of those 3 and get no eggs.

Can you please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if it is bugged?

The egg drops as soon as they despawn and sometimes takes about 2-5 seconds to register that you got it.

PLEASE make it somehow give it to you quicker? Those plants ruin your day while you wait. I cannot reliably get past Tier 4 as my gear is not fully upgraded on the PC version yet. I cannot imagine how bad it must be to wait in tier 4 and 5 with the plants constantly spamming you lol
    I have good news and bad news, the good news is I was able to make some changes and, with an upcoming patch, tame eggs should spawn at the same time as the Lesser Crystal Caches, hurray!

The bad news is I think you may be unlucky. I checked the data for the egg drop rates and confirmed:
    • All companions have the same chance to drop an egg when assisted.
    • Companions do not care about what cave or what tier you are in when they consider providing an egg
    • The companions do not keep track of any other companions that you have assisted when deciding whether or not to dole out an egg.
    • The companions don't have any sort of timer that helps them decide whether or not to provide an egg.

That said, I'm still thinking of ways to smooth out the Geode Companion experience. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread.
    Trove loves you just the way you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowser View Post
    I have good news and bad news, the good news is I was able to make some changes and, with an upcoming patch, tame eggs should spawn at the same time as the Lesser Crystal Caches, hurray!

The bad news is I think you may be unlucky. I checked the data for the egg drop rates and confirmed:
    • All companions have the same chance to drop an egg when assisted.
    • Companions do not care about what cave or what tier you are in when they consider providing an egg
    • The companions do not keep track of any other companions that you have assisted when deciding whether or not to dole out an egg.
    • The companions don't have any sort of timer that helps them decide whether or not to provide an egg.

That said, I'm still thinking of ways to smooth out the Geode Companion experience. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread.
    Meowser, Thank you so much. I am glad to be unlucky and know that everything is working like it should. I did a few more runs and did get an egg from the ones that "spit" the acid or whatever at you. So the rare ones do give an egg. It seems like much less, but that is RNG for ya lol.

I am glad that you fixed the spawn for the eggs. Those "shooty" plants are tearing me up lol Great work in finding a way to do this for us and keep up the great work with your dev team.

Thank you again for responding and letting me know it is my luck and not the mechanics giving trouble

Every time hear bad RNG I hope that there's some sort of hidden karma bar somewhere to limit bad streaks of luck. But to sell stuff most of the time they let RNG run its coarse.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

I was able to make some changes and, with an upcoming patch, tame eggs should spawn at the same time as the Lesser Crystal Caches, hurray!
    POGGERS

That's great! Now we don't need to be snails when we do runs. vv3

Faster = more critters = more eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    POGGERS

That's great! Now we don't need to be snails when we do runs. vv3

Faster = more critters = more eggs
    Less being destroyed by the stupid plants too lol

+1

Eggs

Honestly i never got an from a Critter . Or do i understand somethin wrong here lol ?

Banned
    I was able to make some changes

Clap Clap clap clap.
    The greatest post on the forums so far in 2019.
    This is awesome, lets keep this type of stuff rolling.

How about x10 the required items needed and rewards from club quests now?? huh? to much to soon?
    Minus 10 loading screens and does not ruin the feel to much of having to go to clubs..

It's nice to see this finally getting some attention. Geode companions should be abandoned or reworked. For a game about collecting things, things this rare should be reserved for special items.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4