+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tamed geode eggs? Wow. Even worse than bronze eggs. Why to not bother.

Thumbs up Tamed geode eggs? Wow. Even worse than bronze eggs. Why to not bother.

With the last update, we have this line:

The critters of geode's caves have become more generous. When you assist them they have a small chance to provide an egg that can be hatched into their family of pets. For example, assisting jelotl may provide you with a Tame Jelotl Egg.

Which sounds like a great idea, right?? Well, the reality is, it has absurd drop rates depending on which rare you're missing. I'll present below my findings.

First, just a little backstory and why I care about this. I have been away from #1 total mr / trove mastery and geode mastery, also max PR because missing ONE rare geode companion, for about 7-8 months now.

So, the usual way to get companions is to farm the Sunken Sunvault (lava caves). You get to t5 and then use your barrier generator every time before getting into lava to get movement speed boost. With this, you can get about 25 bronze eggs in 30 minutes (yes, some people are faster, but this is an average of most players).

This means 50 eggs per hour, if you proc the rare pool then there are 8 types of rares, so assuming you get a rare in every egg, you have 50/8 = 6.25 results could be the rare that you desire.

Now, let's compare it to farming specific tamed eggs. This is where it varies a lot based on which companion you're missing. I have only tested for the Hoppet companions, hence that's the one I am missing, but here's how it's unfair.

- Some critters spawn in all 3 caves.
    - Some critters spawn only in a certain cave
    - Some critters have a higher / lower chance to spawn.

In my hoppet case, it only spawns in the Moonglow Grotto (which already means I can't speed farm with barrier, so I am only going for 4 minute runs until I reach t4 and a little in, otherwise the speed is just too low and it's worth restarting).

- I have counted and concluded over many runs of my testing that you encounter an average of 10 critters per minute within the 4 minutes (the same constant fast speed with MAXED geode gear and ally).
    - The chance to get a hoppet is 21.31% so about 20-22% . Which means you get 1 hoppet per minute, so 4 per run (at minimum), but according to the 55 runs I have done, the average was around 10 hoppets per run. Sometimes I get 4, sometimes 16+
    - Now, here's the big RIPOFF. Out of the 585 hoppets I helped, I got 11 eggs, making the egg drop rate at 1.88% which is ABSURDLY LOW.

So, now let's go back at comparing this method with the bronze eggs method.

Bronze eggs - 25 per run (30 minutes) , 50 per hour, assuming all are rare pool it's about 6 chances per hour to get the rare you want.

Tamed eggs - you get about 2 per hour. That's it.... 2 vs 6, 3 times lower probability to get what you want.

These tamed eggs are a complete waste of time. But keep in mind if you're missing the common spawn critter in the lava cave, your rate of getting them is MUCH MUCH higher than my stupid hoppet, so in that case it's probably better to farm tamed rather than bronze.

But this is just unfair in many aspects and makes it obsolete in some. There is a triple layer of RNG here:
    -20% chance to get the hoppet
    - 1.88% chance to drop the egg
    - probably around 1-2% chance to get the rare

You see the problem here? It's absolutely insane, the amount of hours needed to achieve this, and keep in mind the EXTREMEMELY BORING gameplay which consists of you flying around for hours and feeding some creatures while going by.

It's almost 1 year since the geode update (literally worst update imo) and the rare companions are still absurd to obtain...

- no companion effigy (I would pay 100,000 credits for this)
    - no tradable tamed, bronze, silver, golden eggs
    - loadstars don't do anything to eggs
    - literally no amount of flux can possibly give you the companions

The golden eggs were once in Luxion for 300 dragon coins each, but that was most likely a joke from before Trion was bought by Gamigo, since it was also unlimited amount of eggs you could buy. Maybe just bring that thing again? But that's a bandaid fix, and the real issue is how you currently have to obtain these eggs.

Well, now that we got the last update of Trove ever, I have no idea if anything will ever change in this game. Since the gardening content was made by Trion and not by Gamigo. GL & HF, Trove was a fun journey, I have literally no hope of any more updates and fixes.

P.S : Don't bother with tamed eggs, unless you can get more than 6 per hour.

What I see on Tamed Egg is that, hmm... I already got 80+ Bronze Eggs with 3 incubator slots and now I can never hatch them all for both crystals and collections even if I died. Of course I can waste a bit of Acclerite to boost them.

Since Tamed Egg can open common rarity, I don't really see them as a great boost to get the missing rare companion, especially in your case. Rather, I would expect they just give the Tamed Egg at a rarer rarity, but guaranteed for an uncommon, and make the pool for rare one is bigger. Or even make some specific Tamed Egg to be rarer, or use hidden value that serves as bad luck protection (which is super common in RPG nowadays and the obtain of Chaos Chest from dungeon is using similar mechanic).

I like Geode caves because I hate mining and finding Diamond in Minecraft, lol. But I am pretty sure I will face this kind of stupid RNG sooner or later. I wish there is an option to cook Tamed Egg that can be put on new Food slot instead.

all the egg drop and related like fragments is insane in this game. i was gone for a bit and when i came back i decided to see if i could work on preserver dragon (the one where you farm dino land for?) so after a fast killing spree for a few hours i got few frags and went to confirm how many i needed only to find out i need like 100 i believe it was? that's insane! so i went farm for a few more hours to see how many i would get to to see if it could even be done. nope, not one frag ... so then i went to do my st weekly and i got the last void egg fragment i needed for that dragon only to find out they increased it from 5 to 50 ... WTF? seriously, at least after 500-600 you got what did you say? 11 eggs? i wish i had those kinda drops on the other frags like preserver i was working on, i would have kept going. as it is, i stopped and went back to my other games cuz i only got a few hours here and there to play games and there are sooo many other games that feel more rewarding to play than wasting my time on this one ... ill put this one back on the shelf where i had it sitting. have fun banging your head up against the brick wall ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    - Some critters spawn in all 3 caves.
    - Some critters spawn only in a certain cave
    Never noticed that. Is there a list of what caves they spawn in?
    We should be able to convert bronze eggs to tame eggs or let loadstars work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    Well, now that we got the last update of Trove ever, I have no idea if anything will ever change in this game.
    We might get a update when they go to gamescom in August, Still not looking good its still not on there site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    We might get a update when they go to gamescom in August, Still not looking good its still not on there site.

why do all the trion games need to be listed on there site? ... maybe this is a separate division of there company that wants to remain separate from the rest of the company. seriously ,you have no clue how many "monopolies" there are are on games and sites cuz they don't want to tell you nor do they need to. some companies want to tell you what they own cuz they are proud of it and others prefer you not know cuz some idiot might end up thinking "its official, its in the graveyard" they already said in another thread there was zero intention of stopping developing (i think it was in reference to console developing but i think the point is the same) ...

6.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #6
    Hello there,

I added the Tamed Eggs were as a new way for folks to find eggs from specific companions. I can happily report that the drop rate is higher than 1.8% and you should certainly be finding more than 2 in an hour if you are helping out the majority of the cave creatures you're coming across.

I can also add that the rate of getting a rare when using a lodestar with tamed eggs is slightly higher than that of getting a rare with a normal bronze egg.

I can also report that, even though people are saying it, there is no truth in the statement that this is the “last update ever”. We are still working away on new updates and quality of life fixes for existing content.

As always, we appreciate the feedback!
    Trove loves you just the way you are.

Excuse me?

Are you saying that my data is wrong? That is absurd. I have recorded this data while playing for almost 5 hours. The drop rate is 1.88% which is the REALITY.

If you guys intended it to be higher, well, the reality is much lower, which probably means you guys should recheck your numbers, because this is probably bugged.
    My testing methodology was simple:

- I was always recording the bait I had in Q R T before every run and I was helping only the Hoppets, and then at the end I would substract the bait I had with the one I was left, which resulted in the amount of hoppets I was helping.
    - The egg drop rate is completely indisputable as it's a simple percentage from total hoppets helped
    - The only assumed and therefore innaccurate value is the "critters seen', from my testing I have concluded within the first 4 minutes at a constant speed, it results in seeing an average of 10 per minute, so 40 per run.

Loadstar: slightly higher means nothing for us, it either works or it doesn't, literally everyone recommends to never use loadstars on eggs. Waste of resources. If you want it to be used, then make it worth.

"We appreciate the feedback" yet nothing will evern change I presume, by the tone if your response.

The geode companion aquisition has been and still is an issue to this date, it might seem I'm the only one compaining, because the rest have quit and uninstalled this game.

One thing I noticed, with the critters in general, is that there is often a delay - for me at least - when the tamed eggs DO drop. I've found that if I just throw the food, blanket, etc and keep going I get less eggs, but if I mill around at loot range for 5 sec after the critter disappears I tend to get more eggs, and I can see the egg floating through the world as it goes into my inventory - much like glim behaves when cutting grass. Maybe I just had lag during those sessions though. I didn't keep track of boppets vs non-boppets though and am unsure which rares I still lack. But I overall get more eggs this new way than going into lairs to get generic bronzes.

@Wrz - I was also thinking it could be that I was simply too fast and therefore the eggs never reached my character, but I did a few runs specifically to remain literally near the hoppets to see if the eggs change, but I didn't get any eggs.

Maybe the drop chance is indeed HIGH, but if the range of loot is too slow or delay, that's why my runs were utter trash with 1.88%.

I would like if the devs would recheck all these numbers and tell us the loot range and however that thing is implemented.

I remember when Geode first came out, the drop distance for the critter chests was too small, which is why it was increased and critter help speed was increased - Could it be that the new eggs, have been given this smaller distance, instead of the new one?

Could also be simply the help speed that was increased, but honestly, I don't remember hotfixes from a year ago.
    --> Stats <-- (Updated 21/01/18)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast