+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove XBox 1 - Downtime - 12:30 Pacific Time, 19:30 UTC

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1

Trove XBox 1 - Downtime - 12:30 Pacific Time, 19:30 UTC

Hi Everyone

We will have one hour (but likely less) of downtime for Trove XBox One today, in 45 minutes - at 12:30 Pacific/19:30 UTC (or see here for other time zones)

This server only update re-enables the Spring Cleaning/Luxion event. It will continue as originally scheduled in this post.

Update: 1PM Pacific: The deploy is complete.
    Update: 3:30 PM Pacific: Due to the event timing issues, we have updated Luxion to have both this weeks and last weeks items. This will persist until the Spring Cleaning event ends. Luxion will gradually be updated as new worlds open, so be patient if you don't see it right away.
    Update: 5:00 PM Pacific: Due to the schedule correction, and some players missing out on their daily quest, "10 Chaos Chests are available to claim for the next 24 hours! Happy Spring Cleaning!"

Thanks

Will this also bring back week 2 items sold, there was only 1 day that they they were available then there was maintenance then week 3 items took over the next day.

Thank you for addressing the event issue.

When major bugs like this occur it would be appreciated to have same day or at least next day response from dev's about their acknowledgement of the bug and that they are working towards fixing it. Leaving players in the dark of intentions and progress towards the issue leads to anger and feelings of being ignored or uncared about, which can impede the ability to communicate properly in the future. Even if its just a small - Hi, we know this thing happened and are looking into it. - shortly after the action happened.

I hope that the fix will include the items from the skipped week, instead of having the third weeks items. That way those players who were unable to either obtain dragon coins enough to buy the second weeks items in time, or were unable to log in during the day they were available will be able to obtain them. We shall see when the patch goes live; until then, once again thank you for addressing this issue. Late is better than never.

Luxion is back, but i think he is doing week 3 stuff so we only need week 2 and we are good.

Thank you guys for fixing this for the most part.

Sadly, with the servers up and running now, and with it we can assume the fix is done as intended, we can report that the items inside luxion are of the 3rd week and not the 2nd (which was the week needed as it was the skipped week). This, while useful for the daily event gifts and quests, overlooks the main problem of the bug. Players who did not or were not able to log in during the short time that the 2nd week items were available are now garunteed to miss out on the untradable mastery items from that week. Such as the luxion style boxes.

Can we be given a reason as to why the fix was to re-emplement the items from the 3rd week and not the missed items of the 2nd week?

Is this oversight truly and oversight or was this planned as the 'fix' and is working as intended?

A small statement on this issue will help clarify the intentions and motivations for all users so that miscommunication and assumptions can be avoided.
    Such as - if there is a coding issue with the re-emplementation, or if it is being worked on and just not ready for release and will be emplemented later in the week. Any statement will do at this point.

6.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #6
    Hi Zoranza and DarkPhoenix

Good points.

The best I can say - which sounds like an excuse, but isnt meant to be - is that last week was very busy with some unexpected fires and that - coupled with a holiday weekend - meant we missed the original indicator on this (items shifted by a week ) until last night when the event changed. That's our fault, no question (Its another reason we keep events and Luxion in sync across regions as often as possible; the specific workflow when we do deviate makes it easier for mistakes).

We did discuss the weekly items.

We wanted to get the event back on immediately, so rather then delaying/complicated it by altering items (which means more QA and unique changes), we did just that - re-enabled the event in the update earlier today.

But I agree with what you say: This afternoon we can work on a change to alter Luxion's table so that he has BOTH week 2 and week 3 items. We can also hotfix this change. Hotfix means we dont need downtime to make the change (but it might take players a bit to see the changes - new servers that spin up will have the change, but older ones will not. This will naturally fix itself as players leave the hub, etc).

I'll confirm this later in this thread once it passes QA. For now, this is the plan. Hope this helps.

--Phantasie

Thank you Phantasie for your quick and detailed response.

I hope that the holiday celebrations went well, and sad to hear of the fires (unsure whether you mean physical fires - as in wild fires etc - or firing of people -termination of job) in either case hopefully no one was harmed and all was sorted out.

Thank you for the explanation as to why it took so long for information/ action to be taken on the event bug.

I hope that the 2nd week items will be able to be added to lux's inventory during the week, as it will help many players, new and returning. While I personally do not need those items there are many that do and it feels wrong to have had them only for such a short amount of time and not be available to all players equally.

Many clubs, atleast those I am in, have ways of sending out messages to all members so that they will be notified if there is a change/update to events. If lux's inventory does get updated with the 2nd week items many players will most likely be posting in global / club chats and chats using other websites etc. So the word will be able to be spread in that fashion. If possible to maximize spread of info on it, should that fix be able to be implemented, would it be possible to do a ingame notification? An example is the messages when servers are being dropped for updates, or when the dev's have a message such as 'Thank you for playing <3 ' etc. That way even players who do not have clubs, or prefer to play solo would be able to be notified of the change. (Though that is just incase the implementation is able to be done).

Your post helps greatly, as it allows us to see that our concerns are being heard. Even if nothing is able to come of it, at least our voices are being heard. : )

For that, Thank you.

Thanks for getting it back. It sounds good if you can get the 2 week in at the same time. I’m not trying to complain but I don’t think the daily login quest works. I don’t see it in the quest tab, and I levelled up a gem and no reward.

9.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranza View Post
    I hope that the holiday celebrations went well, and sad to hear of the fires (unsure whether you mean physical fires - as in wild fires etc - or firing of people -termination of job) in either case hopefully no one was harmed and all was sorted out.
    No worries - and - by 'fires' I just meant when you come to work and a bunch of unexpected things happen that need your attention, and you dont get to work on what you planned.

No wildfires

--Phantasie

10.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #10
    FYI:

As discussed above, Luxion on XBox One will have last weeks and this weeks items due to the schedule issues this past week. This will last until the Spring Cleaning event ends next week.

We rolled out this change without downtime. That means that as new worlds start up they will have this change, but worlds that existed before approximately 3:30 PM Pacific Time will not. Due to how Trove works, it may take a few hours for all players to leave a world, at which point it will reset it self.

TL;DR: You should see this change gradually appear over the next few hours. If you dont, try changing worlds until you do.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread