+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Trove worth playing?

Is Trove worth playing?

Hi,

if you want to be a endgame player in trove, you have to get a few dragons to get the passive stats they provide.

i dont want to spend 80+ hours a week playing games, so is it worth playing at all

or do i have to grind for ever to get close to endgame stats?

is this game for ppl without a live is what im asking....

thx

Nice troll post -

Trove is f2p try it and see

Who says "end game" = dragons/stats?

Most would consider Trove a "grind" even people that just build have grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollut View Post
    Nice troll post -

Trove is f2p try it and see

Who says "end game" = dragons/stats?

Most would consider Trove a "grind" even people that just build have grinds.
    why trollpost?
    i played trove at the very beginning and was wondering if it worth the time comming back..

you get passive stats like magicfind/ max Health/ crit Chance etc. through the dragons ...
    and you cant effectifly farm u8-u9 if you dont have a few of those stats..
    you dont understand that?

but i already watched some videos and looged back in .. its pointless to start the game at this point..
    the dragoncoins system alone is a way to drive me away..
    300 dragon coins per dragon * 34 dragons ... nope .. thx .. im looking for a game and not a parttimejob

Quote Originally Posted by hunibold View Post
    why trollpost?
    i played trove at the very beginning and was wondering if it worth the time comming back..

you get passive stats like magicfind/ max Health/ crit Chance etc. through the dragons ...
    and you cant effectifly farm u8-u9 if you dont have a few of those stats..
    you dont understand that?

but i already watched some videos and looged back in .. its pointless to start the game at this point..
    the dragoncoins system alone is a way to drive me away..
    300 dragon coins per dragon * 34 dragons ... nope .. thx .. im looking for a game and not a parttimejob
    Well, not everyone enjoys the same things, so definitely spend time doing things you enjoy. As for the concerns about dragons/coins, while they certainly help, you can be effective at end game content without them. As a player who returned a few months ago after a long hiatus, I can tell you that I was able to unlock a few dragons during that time (including all 3 primal dragons), without focusing much on that as a goal (mostly done while leveling classes to 30). Your mileage may vary, of course, but it's not been an insurmountable problem for me.

First of all, I normally classify these "is something worth it" as a personal opinion type of question. What is worth it to one person is not to the next person. I.E. Only you can answer for yourself if it is worth it or not.

Now, to try and address your other questions:
    What is endgame differs for different people. You can do the Ultra Shadow towers with around 25K PR and do fine. My alt accounts all have 28K Vanguardians that I was using to do their shadow towers. (I.E. 30K+ PR isnt required)

Do you define end game as U10? If so, you can also do that without all the dragons and mastery points.

IMO Trove really does not have a well defined end game at this point in time. We are over-geared for the Ultra shadow tower content, and U10 really doesnt need a maxed class to farm it.

I found Trove to be an enjoyable casual game that held my interest for the past 3 years. It is a very grindy game that repeats most of the content in all Ubers. Your mileage may vary.

I guess I might as well toss in my two cents on the matter as well.

To answer your first question... Well that's up to you. Do YOU think it's worth playing? After seeing everything the game provides the only person who can answer that is YOU, no one else.

As for your second question, the answer is a hard no. You don't need any dragons at all to get into whatever you define as "endgame". Whether this be Uber-10 or Ultra Shadow Towers, Dragons are NOT needed. Are they nice to have? Would it be great to have their passives? Yes and Yes. But no, they aren't as impactful as you think they are.

As for your comment on grinding +80 hours a week just to get a dragon, that's just simply not the case at all. That may be how long it takes YOU to get but quite frankly anyone can get 1 dragon a week given they know how to farm for them. 300 Dragon Coins can be easily made given that you do your Hourly Challenges, especially on Fridays when it's Dragon Day and the amount collected is DOUBLED or even TRIPLED if you have Patron. (Which if I may add you don't need to stay online, just get on every hour when it starts and then log off once you're done if you have more urgent matters to attend to.) Collecting both the Dragon Coin Digest and Dragon Hoard Deposition Tome are also a nice advantage to have. Both of these tomes together will entitle you to 1 Trove of Wonders and a total of 40 Dragon Coins a week.

As for grinding any other materials, Flux, a common requirement for crafting dragons, can be made quite easily and 100K in a span of 10-30 minutes is honestly not hard to obtain given how there are people who make anywhere between 5-10M a week just flipping the market. Everything else you don't want to grind for, whether it's Radiant Shards, Pumpkins, Ancient Scales, or whatever other material is needed to craft those Dragons, can all simply be bought off the market so long as it's tradeable and not account locked, which very rarely is the case with most Dragons to begin with.

It's not hard to Master Trove AND have a life at the same time.
    IGN: Hyperiem | Main Class: Vanguardian - Power Rank: 31K | Total Mastery: +500 | Total Hours: +1600

R.A.F: Just heard about TROVE and want to jump in? Use this link, create your character, and battle on! https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf
    Total Referrals: 0

Trove is basically broken down into the following parts

PvE:
    Doing dungeons and shadow towers, having PR which basically can do everything by time reach 10-20k. This varies on your RNG on how fast you get this done. Also most magic damage classes work better for shadow towers and most pyhsical damage classes work for dungeons. Challenge part to this is try max out all gems and land in leader boards which is super grindy part of the MMO.

Building:
    Grind recipe dungeons and such to get all blocks unlocked and create cornerstone and or club builds. Some consider unlocking all recipes end game in this region due to them only using or enjoying construction. Challenge part here is some might build until devs visit and get in stream showing off their epicness. Time will wildly vary here but can be casually done for sure

Community:
    Some stay just to stick around clubs and chat while flipping market. Basically friends have had people stay and play the game and let things sit while they gain. Super minimum effort at playing the game for those who try auction house/trade way through buying everything.

PvP:
    This exist due to how many people wanted it but hey we got two game modes on this. Some play old or bomber royals PvP and consider to be end game by time they get everything and then start selling excess items. Some are making the flux to sustain progression this way. Given it also gives xp you could only do PvP and be fine here. Challenge here some might do is grind to have trophies or be top coin/kills on leaderboard.

This is a MMO after all so some sort of grind is to be expected. Just the only thing missing is a clear end game marker. It can be played for 5 minutes to a hour a day and you should make some sort of progress somewhere. Some MMO games have possible degression or luck walls where can end up with 0 or negative progress. Long as set small and large goals you can determine the worth or fun of a game.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Quote Originally Posted by hunibold View Post
    Hi,
    if you want to be a endgame player in trove, you have to get a few dragons to get the passive stats they provide.
    i dont want to spend 80+ hours a week playing games, so is it worth playing at all
    or do i have to grind for ever to get close to endgame stats?
    is this game for ppl without a live is what im asking....

Guess it depends on your definition of what the endgame is. You certainly don't need dragons to be in the endgame. Only need them for the purple portion of the endgame.
    You don't need to invest any time into games that you don't want to. 80 hours of gaming seems unhealthy, but hey its your life, I won't judge.

If you find the game enjoyable and have free time, then yes it is certainly worth playing games.
    No, if you are smart on how you play, you can minimize the amount time it takes to get to the endgame.
    If you sit in a clubworld and don't work towards endgame, it certainly takes longer. If you upgrade trash gems and slow progress towards endgame because you are lost in what to do to get the DPS/power rank, then indeed it can take forever. Have a plan and execute it wisely. Certainly a ton of info on the forums so you don't waste your time.

This game is for anybody who enjoys the gameplay or has fun. Not sure what having or not having a life has to do with it whatsoever.

Here is the short answer to your question. No.

Is it worth wasting some time in, decide for yourself. I would highly recommend not spending more than 5$ in the store (the beginner pack for 5$ really is worth it) until you decide if you actually like the game. Don't be fooled, this game is shallow content wise, and the gem dust grind to max characters would give any Korean mmo a run for it's money.

One thing that you need to know why it is so different than other MMO RPG. It is you can do MANY things. Geode Caves (Minecraft LUL), PVP, Building, ST runs, Dungeon speedfarming, underrated classes showoff (Tomb Raiser, Chloromancer), and now even Gardening.

Too many stuff until a new player who don't understand how does MMORPG works and just bought a Neon Nightcycle with 1500 credits rather than saving for Hydration Tractor (3000 c) to save cost on crafting Watering Can. Which needs Cupake, a hard-to-farm material. Yes, you can come to Trove and just being too casual. No one will blame but every Trovian appreciate new kind of jokes so they have reason to stay on playing.

But about spending real money? Not a lot unless you are really, really, really dedicated. Unlike many other MMORPG, getting into latest combat trend isn't pay-to-win exclusive, such as pay-to-win exclusive allies with OP stats, exclusive class, exclusive gears. No No No. Trove is free-to-play friendly, as in combat trend wise. This is what I was back in 3-4 years before I quit and come back around Luminopolis update (March 2018).

I was 200 Mastery Rank when I come back with ALMOST NO other resources except some easy dragons and only a Shadow lv5 Gun as only gear. Now reached Trove MR 550+ and Geode MR 80+, 3 Classes with 30k PR with correct gem stats (Pls: Reroll and getting gem with right stats can take MONTHS). I want to say worth it, if you play for 4-8 hours + per day with Patron on. (PS: Buy Credit Pouches) I also quited during November 2018 - Feburary 2019 and I still can reach top MR, even able to follow current Gardening Trend.

Despite Trove has TONS of issue and small of team, it is still on playable state. But not on heavy investment state UNLESS Gamigo put more human resources ESPECIALLY on Customer Support to counter-react things like Cornerstone disappearance bug. Lol.

If you think it is not worth, you can try other F2P games or even mobiles one. But just a heads up, most of them are bad or even shut down after few months.

+ Reply to Thread