+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best idea for adding PvP in Uber worlds

Ahhh interesting "club vs club BR with weekly leaderboards.." so in the past club world would allow a max of 50 players in a club at one time same goes for Uber world or is it 30 (not sure), anyways it be crazy to have 50 vs 50 lolol. I can't see that happening but so cool to think about as it is done more so in games like World of Warcraft . Thank you...that was a great suggestion.
    Laughing Hyena #1

Here comes the question for every suggestion thread, what is your goal for this suggestion?

What is Trove lacking of? Is it because of PVP? There used to be but ended up with few classes dominating the whole arena; or ended up with Trovians keep bouncing to earn afk rewards.
    Then we got Bomber Royale, which is not fine when the map does not keeps on shrinking, until 10 minutes of hide-and-seek behind lava game has a result. Not everyone even like to play Bomber Royale for a long period to earn goodies.

When the old PVP is not good, even the new Bomber Royale isn't that excellent either, what is the goal of introducing open area PVP?
    To replace it? To make PVP more fun? To introduce another long but worth playing grind?

The main issue isn't about it will clash into the current gameplay experience on Trove, it is about class balancing. Class balancing on PVE and PVP can never be put into together, even many crappy/pay-to-win mobile games nowadays they are smart enough to realize this. (But doesn't ended up making the game balance) It sounds like possible, but not on the current state of Trove dev team. We didn't even got any news that Trove dev team grows bigger thanks to Gamigo. Dev Team isn't people who write the codes and debugging, but also play-testing, designing, and much more. If this idea is going to be implement, I am very sure it is gonna to be a big mess and might lowered Trove playerbase. Until Trove team grows bigger.

Also Trove Server.

Hello PichuYang, by your approach I see you experienced the PvP issue for a long time. The "goal" as you put it was touched on several times in the comments I replied to prior to yours but, not clearly expressed as my goal per say. I apologize as a goal should have been implemented in the first place. The class balancing is a tricky matter for Dev teams, is it the class itself that is unbalanced or is it the lack of the player not wanting to learn a possible strategy with the given the abilities a class has to carry out it's true play style associated with technical roles such as Tank, Healer and DPS. The technical skill provided by the Dev Team must code with this in mind. I been playing for almost 4 years and I have always said to speed runners in Shadow Towers that there is NO skill needed in Trove. Even to this day you you can get by with no skill by simply just clicking your L1 mouse all day everyday. My "Goal" of open world PvP would let players truly let loss and actually try and learn skill and earn ranks on leaderboards with true respect for such players and not this "Speed running" that is not skill based. I hope I answered properly to your reply and thank you for reading my idea.
    Laughing Hyena #1

Quote Originally Posted by USCPresident View Post
    Ahhh interesting "club vs club BR with weekly leaderboards.." so in the past club world would allow a max of 50 players in a club at one time same goes for Uber world or is it 30 (not sure), anyways it be crazy to have 50 vs 50 lolol. I can't see that happening but so cool to think about as it is done more so in games like World of Warcraft . Thank you...that was a great suggestion.
    You reminded me of the "Pantheon wars" that they had in Skyforge. One of the big difficulties with those were the scheduling of the war events. Some of those we won by default as the event happened in the middle of the night for EU based players and the USA based players were able to attend when the EU players could not.

RIFT (Another Trion title) had three faction PVP in large groups, along with other smaller BG's. When the big event was getting ready to start, you would queue for a random faction, and then see what your "team" could do in the allotted time frame.

Ill bring up a PvP suggestion again to make balancing easier is have a fixed stat and or separate skills for PvP. The other option is have a second tab for PvP gear and could build it that way. Basically create a separate section so don't end up nerfing PvE by accident or unintended buffs for PvE while boosting PvP.

I know some people like the concept of PvP due to most of the time its battle of skill and or connection. Could also be because its something different to do. That's why there was so much people demanding PvP despite devs never wanting it to be in game but caved in. Probably why classes got used as is for the 1st PvP mode which often becomes broken fast when games use the exact same items for PvE and PvP. I don't expect them to get around to having the functional PvP mode when bomber royal is working so far, aka bomb simulator until way later.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Talking about factions I also wanted to include a dragon faction since thr so many and with the world bosses, a dragon faction would be a nice 3 way balance.
    Laughing Hyena #1

Hey Kaizer Killer, glad you want to share your thoughts but, in actuality the suggestions you mentioned are in my PvP post. I know it's a long read but I will past what I said for you here but, if you go back and read original post from step 5 and on I explain what you mention as your suggestion.

5 - Two PvP Gear sets: Factions

Explanation of why two gear sets: Going off the compendium of Trovian lore, the Sun Goddess had dreams and nightmares hints two PvP sets. Pros: Players will decide witch faction to fight for the Sun Goddess of Light or fight for The Shadow led by Q'bthlulu.

(1) To make this PvP gear easy to flow with PvE gear in Trove, the only way it will differs from PvE gear is in it's faction name perks against apposing faction and 4 counter PvP talents form other classes. Example A Draco class would like talent buffs against ranged attacks and a talent buff for Gunslinger gear would be for melee attacks. PvE and PvP, have essentially the same kind of stats on them (your spec's primary stat but, with 4 combinations of secondary PvP talents for PvP).

(2) There could be several ways of obtaining PvP gear, but they can be divided in two categories: directly through completing PvP lore quest content and indirectly, through faction Points (which are also awarded for doing PvP content, as explained below).
    Laughing Hyena #1

Oh woops usually do take time reading but after seeing another post immediately went for copy paste. Given sperate gear works out faster for other games with PvP mechanisms. Well at least that section on your list will get more pointed on. Hopefully number 5 is implemented and not sure if this is the easier route that deals with trove's code.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Making this post was initially intended to be an easy PvP add on but, the more I remembered as to what Trove has for PvE it just kept making open world PvP that much harder to possibly coexist with Troves coding mechanics. At this point Open world PvP is simply a pipe dream witch would've added to another dream I had with one of a kind artifact that drops after a 1v1 kill. The Trove MODing community would of had a field day with this idea. If your not sure what I'm talking about just look at Ready Player One way of open world PvP drops in this link: https://readyplayerone.fandom.com/wi...gory:Artifacts
    Laughing Hyena #1

No. Just.....no.

There would be too much griefing unless they are a clone set of Uber worlds that are separate from the regular worlds.

Please play Black Desert. All of this exists on that game

+ Reply to Thread