+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] All plants in CS have the same status

[BUG] All plants in CS have the same status

Yesterday I planted some types of plants in my CS. Today, after I watered all of them with regular/golden can, all the plants have the same status - harvest in 1 day 22 hours (it was 2 hours ago, I guess), and all of them have the exact equal time remaining.
    Even new planted plants which were planted today and were never harvested, became the same.
    Free Class Coin for Mastery Below 20 - Refer-A-Friend Code

Their are "tiered" plants.
    Meaning the same "time" can be used on multiple plants.
    Also the same "time" on all of them are on the Trove "reset" clock.

So if you just did it 2 hours ago you have to wait until at lease "tomorrow" to water them, if all watered just need to be harvested the harvested time is different based on what "tier" of plant it is.

It's not a bug.

Ok, now I remember this from event, but...
    If the periods of plants are tied to server reset, then fully watered plants should be harvested in 22h rather than in 1day 22h.
    Moreover, the gold pitcher plants I planted and watered today, they also 1d 22h. Yesterday gold pitchers were in status "harvest in 16h", which seems right.
    I believe this extra day is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by whoops View Post
    Ok, now I remember this from event, but...
    If the periods of plants are tied to server reset, then fully watered plants should be harvested in 22h rather than in 1day 22h.
    Moreover, the gold pitcher plants I planted and watered today, they also 1d 22h. Yesterday gold pitchers were in status "harvest in 16h", which seems right.
    I believe this extra day is wrong.
    I think you're reading the time wrong like I was -- it's still a 1 day lag between harvests (starts with 1 day lead time, 1 full day at the minimum required after harvest to "absorb" water), the additional time is just to account for the remainder of the harvest day so you can't harvest every day.

1. Yesterday I planted gold pitchers and watered. They were in status "ready to harvest in 16h". Today after reset I harvested all of them. Then watered again and they are in status "ready to harvest in 1d 22h" (to the moment I opened thread)
    2. Today (also after reset) I planted new gold pitchers, watered and they are in the same status "ready to harvest in 1d 22h".

What the difference between 1 and 2? Why I was able to harvest today 1 and not able to harvest 2 tomorrow?

We assume they designed it that way, for example other plants do the opposite .. 2 days of watering then only requires 1 day of watering after the 1st harvest on Qubbage

notice the Lead (watering days) drops a day or two after the 1st harvest
    reusing this image, tuesdays bonus doesn't apply

Golden Cans, Chaos Chest / Dust / Pearls, and other alchemy plants have either the same or a bigger cooldown period after the 1st harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by whoops View Post
    1. Yesterday I planted gold pitchers and watered. They were in status "ready to harvest in 16h". Today after reset I harvested all of them. Then watered again and they are in status "ready to harvest in 1d 22h" (to the moment I opened thread)
    2. Today (also after reset) I planted new gold pitchers, watered and they are in the same status "ready to harvest in 1d 22h".

What the difference between 1 and 2? Why I was able to harvest today 1 and not able to harvest 2 tomorrow?
    Huh. Ok, so I just tested, and I got the same thing, but suspect this is a bug.

My setup -- golden pitcher plants harvested this morning, and already watered. Planted new seed, expecting the next-day harvest, as was the case with the other golden pitcher plants for the first harvest, however the newly planted seed has the same timer as the plants harvested this morning ( > 1 day )

Edit: Bug report formatting

Time: near 6:50pm US EST (-5GMT)
    Context: Testing done from cornerstone in hub
    Expected: Golden Pitcher Plants harvested shortly after reset and watered would have new harvest timer of > 1 day (2 resets), newly planted Golden Pitcher Plant would have a harvest timer of < 1 day (1 reset) for first harvest after watering.
    Observed: Previously harvested plants behaved as expected, however, newly planted Golden Pitcher Plant had a timer of > 1 day (2 resets) rather than the expected < 1 day (1 reset)
    Repro Steps: Plant and water a new Golden Pitcher Plant after harvesting and watering another Golden Pitcher Plant (while plant is not withered)

8.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #8
    Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting!

Could please provide a screenshot?
    All plants of the same day time (1 day, 2 day, or 3 day) will have their periods sync up to the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by gedc View Post
    Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting!

Could please provide a screenshot?
    All plants of the same day time (1 day, 2 day, or 3 day) will have their periods sync up to the same day.
    I'll post a few screenshots after tomorrow's harvest, as since today's reset has passed, my pitcher plants are down to 1 reset ( < 1 day ) left, so I suspect a plant planted today would behave like the new plants did the first planting ( harvestable 1 reset after full watering ). It looks like when a new plant is planted and watered, it syncs with the other plants of its type, regardless of if those plants are newly planted or not.

By your response, though, it sounds like this may be working as intended, even if it's a little confusing to have potentially different number of resets required to first harvest (1 - 3) on the same plant type, depending on the day that you plant it rather than having the plant track its own number of resets to harvest. It sounds like it may be best to plant certain plants on certain days to keep the number of resets required for the first harvest at 1. For the "day syncing," does the time sync to the first planted plant of that schedule, or do they use something corresponding to the real world date? From how I understand it, if other 2-day cycle plants are planted, and show as ready for harvest in 1 reset, planting new plants on that schedule will also show 1 reset to harvest if fully watered that day, and if the 2-day cycle plants show 2 resets until harvest, newly planted plants on that schedule will also show 2 resets until harvest if fully watered that day?

Edit: I don't have any problem with plants syncing the way described (if I didn't get that totally wrong), however, I do have a little concern about how a set schedule for all plants might affect gathering day (you couldn't necessarily rely on planting certain plants 1 or even two days beforehand, and would have to make sure to plan a full harvest cycle in advance).

P.S. It looked like the new plants may not be getting the gathering day bonus (old plants still work fine).

Planted at day one
    1.jpg
    Planted at day two
    2.jpg

Note that the period of withering is different by 17 hours, so it's not tied to server reset

+ Reply to Thread