+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Superior Refuse / Musk Bottleneck

Superior Refuse / Musk Bottleneck

Botanist+ Alchemy plants last 15D, can be harvested 5 times total and receive 5 refuse in return.
    So each plant supplies 1 Superior Compost Heap lootbox every 15 days***

Cookie Musk is an uncommon material on a shared loot table with recipes, those recipes will saturate the market.
    25 for mounts, 14 for Ally homes, 39 total musk required.. with a 13% drop rate, split among other items... 300*.13=39 uncommons, #lootboxes*+1 for every uncommon on the loot table

I've only been able to craft maybe 10 superior lootboxes so far and I'm going to guess 7? uncommons are on that loot table judging by the quality version... so maybe 2100 lootboxes (plants) are needed. Currently, I see plants valued from 8K to 16.5K each in resources I know the value of, so the value of 340 mastery points is roughly 16.8m to 34.65 million flux or, 49.4K to 102K flux per mastery point (geode style stashes 2.0)

This doesn't take into account repeated crafting of ally homes for the rare ally, I know the allies can be shared.. but the untradable nature of the crafting materials (musk/refuse) and lootboxes doesn't help.

maybe bump the superior refuse to 2 per harvest? leave the orange to rainbow recipes out of the compost heap lootboxes and have them unlocked like on PTS?

... did I mention the 21,000 moonlight bulbs you have to find on your own? for those 2100 plants
    .. or the full stack of Temper to be unboxed from Quality lootboxes, also on the uncommon table split 7 ways, it certainly doesn't show up often enough on the common table either

***I messed up, that's using only golden watering cans, each plant gives 3 superior refuse over 15 days regularly, so 60% of a lootbox.. 1st day harvesting golden soul plants, sorry.

This is excellent information, though I wouldd personally prefer to see the required materials lowered or the number of compost heaps produced increased (which would be essentially the same, but would allow them to adjust cost per box by fractions of materials) -- bumping up the yield of refuse would also work, but still seems like it might not be enough, due to compost heaps still being RNG lootboxes with no way to ensure that you'll get the secondary materials you're trying for (you'd theoretically be able to produce twice as many boxes, but as you mentioned, in the nearly week we've been able to test, that's produced only 10 boxes; for myself, I lost some ability to progress over the weekend, and haven't been able to produce any superior boxes so far [seeds from bobble pods help, but growing most plants still takes a couple days minimum]). Since we're still relying on RNG for the material drops from compost heaps (as well as some of the end products, like ally homes), and since higher tiers of compost heaps still require us to raise/tend lower tier plants, on top of plants essentially having to be tended/harvested solo (since if another player harvests the plant, you miss out on 100% of the yield), the time/resources required seem like they exceed what could be expected from an "average" player.

Edit: Adding a way to convert organic refuse into quality refuse, and quality refuse into superior refuse might also work as a workaround, but this might be a little broken, since organic refuse is easy to produce in large quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    Botanist+ Alchemy plants last 15D, can be harvested 5 times total
    How did you got this number? Did you considered watering with golden can?
    Free Class Coin for Mastery Below 20 - Refer-A-Friend Code

There's a 2 day wait after a harvest and the plant being fulling watered, plus the 1 day lead time from planting (these are assuming golden can):

1 - no yield
    2 - yield
    3 - no yield
    4 - no yield
    5 - yield
    6 - no yield
    7 - no yield
    8 - yield
    9 - no yield
    10 - no yield
    11 - yield
    12 - no yield
    13 - no yield
    14 - yield
    15 - no yield

So, as you can see, you only get yields on days 2, 5, 8, 11, and 14, provided you are using a golden watering can on the day you harvest to re-water the plant.

Edit: I misunderstood the plant timers on the PTS. Looking at the PTS, that extra day isn't really an extra day, it's just the remainder of the current day. Strike this -- you should be able to get a harvest every other day, so this should be 7 harvests if golden watering can is used.

Quote Originally Posted by whoops View Post
    How did you got this number? Did you considered watering with golden can?
    I'll make a new post in the thread.. if/when to golden can vs no golden cans, I seized the time I had last night to a pretty lag-free PTS to look at the Moonlight Temper drops from Quality Compost Heaps.. Yikes. and while waiting for batch processes to finish I noticed what I overlooked and edited my opening post.

Was able to open 11 superior compost heaps today, the only sweet I keep getting is a recipe.

I'll make a new post in the thread.. if/when to golden can vs no golden cans, I seized the time I had last night to a pretty lag-free PTS to look at the Moonlight Temper drops from Quality Compost Heaps.. Yikes. and while waiting for batch processes to finish I noticed what I overlooked and edited my opening post.

Was able to open 11 superior compost heaps today, the only sweet I keep getting is a recipe.
    Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get the quality refuse needed to craft 2000 boxes? I'm guessing you have access to a WAY bigger garden than I do or had a lot more luck with seed drops because I'm nowhere near that.

Botanist+ Alchemy plants last 15D, can be harvested 5 times total and receive 5 refuse in return.
    So each plant supplies 1 Superior Compost Heap lootbox every 15 days
    I messed up, that's using only golden watering cans, each plant gives 3 superior refuse over 15 days regularly, so 60% of a lootbox.., sorry.

One Golden Can gets you two extra harvests, I believe these water cycles to be correct
    have separate worlds to grow each atm to check over the next week

Cookie Musk is an uncommon material on a shared loot table with recipes, those recipes will saturate the market.
    25 for mounts, 14 for Ally homes, 39 total musk required..

Granted the number of Musk given is a known unknown at this point
    Below will stay the same or be cut by a factor of (#) Musk drops at
    between perhaps 18 to 57 per 2000, or 111 to 35 lootboxes per Musk
    So, potentially 1,365 to 4,329 lootboxes to grab 39 Musk

Currently, I see plants valued from 8K to 16.5K each in resources I know the value of, so the value of 340 mastery points is roughly 16.8m to 34.65 million flux or, 49.4K to 102K flux per mastery point (geode style stashes 2.0)
    For the soul plants:
    5 temper requires ~31 Q.compost heaps, 2945 flux value in glim, c.compost is covered by Q.compost heaps
    35 bulbs, 490 flux value, 35 tentacles, 7,175 flux value, for a total of 10.6K flux value per plant

For Evolving Alchemy Plants
    5 temper requires ~31 Q.compost heaps, 2945 flux value in glim, c.compost is covered by Q.compost heaps
    16,500 flux pure, for a total of 19.4K flux value per plant

So if each plant = a loot box, the range becomes 14,469K to 45,887K flux value in golden soul plants or 26,481K to 83,982K flux value in Evolving plants.

To bring prices down, you could stagger your crops, starting with golden souls, then using the harvested souls to make discounted sunlight bulb plants valued at 3.85K (currently a ~9K discount, market could saturate).
    2.5 bulb plants per soul plant..
    (1,365 to 4,329 / 3.5) 390 to 1237 soul plants for phase 1, valued at 4,134K to 13,112K
    then 975 to 3092 bulb plants for phase 2, valued at 3,753K to 11,904K
    which brings our total range to 7,887K to 25,016K, potential savings of almost 7 to 20 million flux

Potentially 1,365 to 4,329 lootboxes? each with their 7 moonlight bulb requirement
    9,555 to 30,303 moonlight bulbs, at a rate of 2.75 per minute, 3475 to 11019 minutes or..
    58 to 183.6 hours alone spent gathering bulbs, cut 20 to 40% time off if you do it only on Tuesdays with patron active or not.

To reiterate, this is only for 39 musk, craft everything once.. the ally habitats can be shared but don't count on people crafting them for you like beacons everyday, since it's a temp structure (according to the notes).. don't expect any to be crafted after this update is no longer current.

Due to it's untradable nature, an active club might have to work together to donate plants and assign a designated harvester to craft these structures

Good news everyone!

Split 6 ways, (60) C. Compost, (2) Cookie Musk, and Recipes for Sunlight Bulb, Builderite, Wallflower, and Primordial Flames
    that I know of..

~13 to 14 chances? May? interesting.
    you can see it yourself in the hub of pts laezaria, it's a 1x1 block structure

+ Reply to Thread