+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pyrodisc emp gem need nerf

pyrodisc emp gem need nerf

it should deleted +30 movement ability.
    that is too much. it already has good dmg dealing.

+ vampirian vanquisher cosmic emp gem has same issue.

Why do they need a nerf? Yes berserk battler, pryodisc, explosive epilogue, and vampirian vanquished are by far the best gem abilities, but why nerf them? They don’t even work in pvp, and who cares if they’re too good in a pve game. If anything the other gem abilities need a buff. Mired Mojo, Spirt Surge, Volatile Velocity, and Stinging Curse, are almost completely useless outside of a few sr things. Plus why would you want our characters to be slower, when dungeon farming is about efficiency and how much movement speed a class has?

As someone said, why? Especially Trove is a heavily PVE focused game and even latest PVP feature, the Bomber Royale has made every classes have same advantages. When you knew gem farming is always a painful chore and you need tons of Stellar Gems to upgrade to lv15 for dusts, in order to make Precise Focus, why would you want suggesting it "should delete"?

But let;s not talk about how it would make less players wanna play Trove if Grindy Gardening v2.0 and these MS bonus removal are happening.

Let's talk about Pyrodisc. By the time it triggers, you might already killed the enemies. So if there is no MS bonus, it is kind of like "Slap in your face"; if you want more DPS when Pyrodisc is triggered, how would the MS gonna be very helpful a lot in the battle situation? In fact, you might be knocked off even further by enemy due to momentum (Trove mechanic, overspeed can be annoying, from my exp as max MS NN build). So, the MS bonus is there to make sure it has its usefulness even enemies are already killed.

I also assumed they considered that every Trovians are gonna aim 100% Critical Hit build and the existence of Pyrodisc when they are designing Vampirian Vanquisher. If there is no such appealing gems, why on earth a Trovian is gonna hype up on getting a Cosmic Stellar Empowered Gems? If there is only such lame Flower and Barrier Gems, would you want farm for those? Nope. Think about motivation as well, don't just think about "this is OP", "this need nerf". I do agree the lifesteal can be too fierce and even made a Gunslinger able to solo a Ultra Darknik Dreagnaut. (But you will die if you don't lifesteal fast enough, Death-Defying takes chunks of flasks count from low HP, non-invulnerable skill/Emblem Trovian)

But, they aren't so stupid to waste time on those. Just inv clubbies and boom, dead. How about the OP ms boost then? As I said, they might already keep these factors in mind. This gem can even make mediocre classes like Knight, Shadow Hunter and Lunar Lancer more fun to play with, especially farming gems and U10 Geode Surface. Because you are gonna be boring with Neon Ninja forever, I bet. Getting a Pyrodisc and Vampirian Vanquisher with starting 3 stats plus Stellar quality also "RNG". You might ended up getting tons of lame of other Emp Gems.

So, take these 2 gems as S-tier gems.

Movement Speed is one of the most usefull and the most ignored stat by game devs I think. Right now on Live server we have around 51 Dragons that gives us Permanent Stats Boosts. Around 5 dragons give useless Health Regen, 12 Dragons gives us Attack Speed (~67%). Meanwhile 0 Dragons gives us Movement Speed/Mount Movement Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortorion View Post
    Movement Speed is one of the most usefull and the most ignored stat by game devs I think. Right now on Live server we have around 51 Dragons that gives us Permanent Stats Boosts. Around 5 dragons give useless Health Regen, 12 Dragons gives us Attack Speed (~67%). Meanwhile 0 Dragons gives us Movement Speed/Mount Movement Speed.
    But hey at least we got Vampirian Vanquisher, and maybe that's why it is existed especially they knew every Trovians are aiming 100% Critical Hit. In current state, it rewards player for playing skillfully, because you got to kill to trigger all possible effects, with Pyrodisc a bit RNG. However, Knight Subclass is always there for a more relaxing grind, if player can't kill a monster fast enough, or if they are not focusing MS builds. If there is any Dragon that gives significant MS boost, I think it can be quite contrast with the "skillful play" and the OP is gonna create new topic about it. To be honest, with VV gem that can requires great RNG or tons of Crystaline Cores (to craft cosmic emp for less RNG), the reward is fair and it is fast enough. 10MS and Mount Speed might not hurt, but seriously, NN is going to be more brokken XD.

An absurd idea.

Quote Originally Posted by eeeksVIN View Post
    Why do they need a nerf? Yes berserk battler, pryodisc, explosive epilogue, and vampirian vanquished are by far the best gem abilities, but why nerf them? They don’t even work in pvp, and who cares if they’re too good in a pve game. If anything the other gem abilities need a buff. Mired Mojo, Spirt Surge, Volatile Velocity, and Stinging Curse, are almost completely useless outside of a few sr things. Plus why would you want our characters to be slower, when dungeon farming is about efficiency and how much movement speed a class has?
    I'm also in the don't nerf anything, but buff the rest camp. There are a few Emp gems that you want to use and the rest are basically trash at this point. My opinion is that the Trash gems need a buff so that they are not trash anymore.

So my vote is -1 for a Gem nerf. I don't agree.

+ Reply to Thread