+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class balancing ?

Question Class balancing ?

Hi,

I just started playing a few weeks ago after a year break or so..
    I realise gunslinger is still way on top dps wise with class gem and mostly used in ST and for purple name.

Is it planned to nerf gunslinger?

I have an idea,for example we can already nerf damage ratio of charged shot (only while ult + class gem) by to 550% (350+200%),currently being 750% (450%+300%) while augmenting duration of 25%
    Charged shots without ult by right click or passive would still deal 750% damage.

So that ppl that can't reduce cooldown wont be affected on overall dps whereas ppl abusing it through CD reduction and having perma ult during titan fight would deal less damage and be at other classes level ? Thats an idea, other options are possible

There would be more diversity in class use for speedruns more 'optimization' i guess? Maybe 1 class of each to optimize bonus damage in st?

Does that sound bad?
    IGN : Hishinryu
    Mastery Rank 600+
    PR MAX reached : 21948
    Main classes : Ninja, Gunslinger, Rev
    Officer of club : Chevalier Noir
    Refer a friend Code : D23TXHKQHHMLQZRKLJWF

Unfortunately I don’t think any class reworks will happen anytime soon. But I’d were to do it I wouldn’t nerf the gunslinger since I and many other players have invested into the gunslinger. I would like them to buff the weak classes instead of nerfing the top classes. I understand the gunslinger is highly popular but I don’t think nerfing it would be the right solution.

Quote Originally Posted by eeeksVIN View Post
    Unfortunately I don’t think any class reworks will happen anytime soon. But I’d were to do it I wouldn’t nerf the gunslinger since I and many other players have invested into the gunslinger. I would like them to buff the weak classes instead of nerfing the top classes. I understand the gunslinger is highly popular but I don’t think nerfing it would be the right solution.
    Gunslinger highly popular? Try Neon Ninja! That's all that everyone seems to play. Also Shadowhunter. I think Im one of the few that main pirate captain.

Something I believe you could do to gunslingers ult is make his empowered shots like Vanguardians ranged right click. Losing the impact damage on the projectile itself and only gaining damage from the explosion. At the moment its getting 2x damage because the projectile itself is doing damage, in addition to the explosion

Each class has their uses, gunslinger is really only used in shadowtowers, take him to ubers he is slow an always waiting on ult to do real damage. His ult is strong an that's about all is going for him. If its not the gunslinger people will all hop on the next strongest class.

Like others have said, buff the weaker classes. For the most part on console other classes can Sr, like ice sage, rev, draco and pirate Capt. Play what you find fun not what others use to Speedrun with.

Quote Originally Posted by eeeksVIN View Post
    I'm also of the opinion of don't nerf anything, but buff the other classes to be equal.

Trion had started on reworking classes prior to the sale of the Intellectual Property (IP) to Gamigo. With a much smaller Dev team now, I would not hold my breath waiting for the class reworks to go thru. Tomb Raiser was next on the list according to info last summer/fall.

Even though Gunslinger sounds OP, he is actually ss good as he is. Any suggestion on lowering the ultimate damage, but increasing the duration, go try Dino Tamer. Unlike Gunslinger, Dino Tamer has better MS to roam through long ST levels. Plus DT has the ability to net and summon buddies to draw aggro. DT ultimate duration gets longer due to Class Gem. Despite DT ultimate is not as deadly as GS one, the other DT abilities and the duration increasement made himself as a good alternative to GS.

When you said "abuse the chronomatic emblem", please tell me what is the purpose of having this emblem... This made GS a beast and even such emblem is easier to obtain compared to Unyielding (as for newbies). However this also made GS very flask intensive, where other classes like Revenant, Dracolyte, Shadow Hunter, Dino Tamer still can do respectable damage in the long run.

This does matter because we might have a future raid boss, where GS insta kill trend won't work anymore. What we really need is not making GS even less fun to play or less OP, but buffing other weak classes that already lost their original purpose.

I don't personally mind the gunslinger as apart from speed runs in ST it is hard to play in the ubers. If a class is powerful in some ways and weak in others it is fine. Like ninja is crazy good farming, but not good in the towers. So the ninja is a balanced class even if it doesn't put up good results in ST, because it is such a strong farmer. What is kind of annoying to me is classes which have no real advantage anywhere like tome raiser and boomer. The Boomber like the SH is fairly week with damage. But the SH is a pretty decent class because it is easy to do an all speed build because you don't need AS so it is a good farming class. But the boomber has no farming advantage, so it is a misfit class other than looking cool. For classes like TR or Boomber either a major DPS boost is needed or something to make it into speed farmer classes. Boomber might be better in speed farmer if something like a grapple hook or speed boost was added with a rework. Boomber would make a lot of sense like that. TR pretty much has be a DPS for shadow towers.

+ Reply to Thread