+ Reply to Thread

Thread: test event plant sharing

test event plant sharing

do these plants work like the event plants?

player 1 plants
    player 2 can use the plant independent of player 1

player 3 4 5 etc can use the plant to all on there own water etc schedule, we did this for the event and ended up with 100s of lucky clovers pretty fast.

1. are the new plants sharable on a individual perspective like the test event?
    2. or is it first come first serve?

the test event
    player planted
    100 players could water and harvest this plant on a individual bases
    the plant life cycle was based on planting

I would like to know as I'm from console if this how they work still as I can't test.

this is kind of a important question.
    if the plants work like the event 1 plant can result in unlimited returns.
    ultimate duplication...

again as I may not be wording this right.
    10 people all plant 10 plants
    we all can harvest 100 plants resulting in a return of 100 items not just 10

nope, they do not.

everyones better off making their own club which costs quite a sum, because watering is only once daily.. and it's the same level for everyone, so once it's harvested by anyone with permission.. it needs to be watered again.

The starting lead time and repeated lead time (days of watering required) are different. Here's a sample of some of them below

Items without a second lead time, can only harvested once, I don't think tuesdays harvest bonus is working.. pretty hard to tell, the 1's haven't really 2'd when harvesting today

thank you, glad as we broke the event test and got 100s of lucky clovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    nope, they do not.

everyones better off making their own club which costs quite a sum, because watering is only once daily.. and it's the same level for everyone, so once it's harvested by anyone with permission.. it needs to be watered again.

The starting lead time and repeated lead time (days of watering required) are different. Here's a sample of some of them below

Items without a second lead time, can only harvested once, I don't think tuesdays harvest bonus is working.. pretty hard to tell, the 1's haven't really 2'd when harvesting today
    Thanks for the testing, even though I feel the results are disappointing. My personal feeling is that each plant should be independently manageable by club members (for club world plants -- cornerstones, of course, should only be manageable by the cornerstone owner) until the plant wilts or is removed by someone with appropriate build privileges. This gives incentive to actually use club worlds for gardening, allowing club members with high gardening skill and low gardening skill to both help out (lower level gardeners could help with producing the lower level vegetables, and higher level gardeners could use those to produce higher level vegetables for the club).

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean that once planted, state/water should be per club member on each plant, so that each club member with gardening permission can see and water the plant, but their actions do not affect the plant state/water for other club members, until the plant is removed in build mode or wilts.

I like this both ways but.
    Can't the bots then yield 750 items per plant per harvest with only having put the materials in 4 1 plant.
    This was my concern as I said a small group of my club mates were able to get 100s of lucky plants with little effort as we did not have planting costs to worry about.

In what I was suggesting, the "alts" would still need to water/harvest the plants individually (I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem that anyone but the harvester currently gets the yield, but anyone with gardening permissions can add to water level/harvest). What I am suggesting is that every plant in a club world (alchemy/vegetable plants) have an independent water level per club member (so if one club member watered it properly, they could have it available to harvest, but if another did not water it, it would not show as watered for that second player). The plant would stay "available" for watering/harvesting separately for each club member until that plant's wilting timer ran down all the way or the plant was removed by someone with build permission. This way, all club members would have the opportunity to tend the plants in the club world, and share in the harvest, so long as they put in the work of watering their instance of that plant.

Edit for note: in the suggestion above, the only piece of the gardening process that club members would be able to "skip" is crafting the actual seed (only one player would need to craft the seed, after it was planted, the plant would be available as an independent instance for each club member)

Alternatively, I'd personally also be fine if the plants stayed as they are (all players share the same water/harvest), but just dropped the "harvest" for the harvester plus 7 others, like breaking plants/pinatas/chests work in adventure worlds so that plants didn't only benefit a single player, though I suspect this is what you weren't happy with on the lucky clovers -- I'd much prefer instanced plants, since I think that's more "fair," but for most clubs, it doesn't make sense for a single player to reap the benefit of the club's work (though plants in clubs currently work this way, just awarding the harvest to the harvester).

+ Reply to Thread