Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Club slots

Banned

Club slots

I would like to see more club slots added as we all will want a gardening club or 2 or 3, some of us have been in our current clubs for years and having to leave one to do the gardening will be a negative impact to the game.

The limited amount of plants per world and most people not having a core group of people you can trust to open up a club so all can garden I see people leaving there up and coming clubs and further separating top clubs from medium clubs as people will stay in top clubs.

Best case would be to redo vault clubs to have a space to garden.

Banned
    90 percent of this game is social.
    social holds this game together.

I'm very surprised there is no concern about how this update will make people leave at minimum 1 club.
    Or does everyone already have a personal club and I'm the guy screaming the sky is falling?

With a limited amount of plants per CW you really can't expect main clubs to let people under officer ranks have this permission for size limitations and griefing.

Everyone will need a personal CW to garden.
    I still think adding a 500x500 area to vaults is the best solution

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    90 percent of this game is social.
    social holds this game together.

I'm very surprised there is no concern about how this update will make people leave at minimum 1 club.
    Or does everyone already have a personal club and I'm the guy screaming the sky is falling?

With a limited amount of plants per CW you really can't expect main clubs to let people under officer ranks have this permission for size limitations and griefing.

Everyone will need a personal CW to garden.
    I still think adding a 500x500 area to vaults is the best solution
    From what I can tell, all new plants other than ally homes (haven't tested, but flavor text suggests they can't) can be grown on cornerstones, so you wouldn't REALLY need a separate club world, it's just not as convenient to tend nor is it great if you care about how your cornerstone looks. Ally homes have the benefit of being shareable between all club members (other plants don't), so would be safe to use in large clubworlds, and perhaps even most beneficial there.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think plants in club worlds need to be reworked to not just benefit a single player (though even on live they only benefit the harvester, we just don't have any of the tending process to get to that point, which is what has the potential to make a griefing method in clubs that don't manage permissions well). I made a post about my suggested tweak in another thread (instanced plants -- once planted, water/harvest is managed separately for all members until the plant wilts or is removed), but there is a work around with cornerstones, so it's more of a quality of life issue for me.

Banned
    being from console I can't test any of this..
    Wish they would give console players a generic log in link to our glyph account that if we had a Pc we could do testing with a top tear account..

Ally homes? do players need build permission or the new garden permission to put these down? or do they work like pinatas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    being from console I can't test any of this..
    Wish they would give console players a generic log in link to our glyph account that if we had a Pc we could do testing with a top tear account..

Ally homes? do players need build permission or the new garden permission to put these down? or do they work like pinatas?
    I believe that they require build permissions to place, but the new gardening permissions to tend/claim. Note that members will have to have gardening up to at least Horticulturalist to claim a copy of the ally once the home has grown and it's "attracted" an inhabitant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIgmo View Post
    I believe that they require build permissions to place, but the new gardening permissions to tend/claim. Note that members will have to have gardening up to at least Horticulturalist to claim a copy of the ally once the home has grown and it's "attracted" an inhabitant.
    hm that's disappointing, there needs to be a way to let members place these in a club hub without giving them build permission.
    Thank you,

Hope they add a place ally house permission

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #7
    Hello Ugly and Thelgmo,

Thanks for your feedback. I am taking note and will forward it to the team