Washed Qumatoes, +2 Jump, Decay 1 per 40m
    Washed Corn On The Cube, +10% Attack Speed, Decay 1 per 2hr
    Washed Cinnamellon, +5 Max Energy, Decay 1 per 3hr
    Washed Qubbage, +10 Magic Damage, Decay 1 per 2hr
    Washed Bunfeed, +0.5% Critical Hit, Decay 1 per 1hr
    Washed and Bunched Purp'lil, +20 Cooldown Speed, Decay 1 per 6m
    Washed Onionito, +1 Experience Gain, Decay 1 per 40m
    Washed Totter Tates, +10 Superstition, Decay 1 per 23hr

Some of them are really bad. You're wasting tons of time and you don't get anything. Almost all of them need buffing.

I just liked this one

Corn on the Cube now gives 10% attack speed.
    Purp'lil now gives 20 cooldown recovery speed.

Agreed on the buffs not really seeming worth it for the time invested. For the damage foods, it would be nice if they gave a percentage buff, so that they were useful at higher levels as well. I'm not sure why superstition was added as a possibility, since it's a useless stat. It would be nice to have a damage resist option (maybe somewhere in the 3% - 5% range) and maybe even a move speed food. Maybe we'll eventually see other foods that can be crafted from combinations of these (and/or maybe fish or something) that add more useful buffs or combinations of buffs. I do like the idea of the temporary nature of the buffs, but feel like most of these don't even feel worth using.

I agree with your ideas.

If developers care

Extra flask capacity can be good for example +5 flask
    Extra Light for example +200
    Extra MH
    Extra Lasermancy
    Extra MS ??? for example +15
    Extra CD ??

Just as a side note for devs, the more useful/relevant each food is, the less likely players will be to see the process of growing better foods as a chore (since the byproducts would still be good to have). My personal suggestion is for all foods to be relevant to all level/PR ranges (using percentage buffs for larger stats like damage/max HP is a good start), as well as keep in mind that these are temporary buffs that can't be "unequipped" once added, so will have to be replenished -- low buffs that are also temporary seem very much like a waste of time/effort, so I'd also suggest bumping the values up a bit (maybe keeping them sort of in-line with a single stat line you'd see on a radiant or stellar level piece of equipment (don't have these numbers handy) -- if multi-stat foods are added later, these could be off-set by dividing the stats provided or requiring more food items to create). Some ideas based on Usagi's suggestions might be:

Unicorn Chard: +10% PD/MD
    Qumatos: +8 Jump
    Corn on the Qube: +20% attack speed
    Cinnamellon: +10 Max energy
    Qubage: +70% Max HP
    Bunfeed: +35% Crit Damage
    Bunched Purp'lil: 20 cooldown (this is a solid buff)
    Onionito: +15 move speed
    Totter Tates: +200 Light

They don't seem functional. A change should be made.

(post moved)

A lot of them are useless (jump, experience, superstition...), but I wouldn't like seeing huge boosts from them (like the 10% PD/MD TheIgmo suggested, everyone would use this food in this case, every other food would become useless and it would force people to garden because they would loose too much damage if they don't)
    I find the experience gain food a good idea, but 1% boost is just ridiculously low
    I like the idea of light and movement speed boosts (and the superstition boost was probably made by devs as a joke but it's just useless)

I'd really like to see a food that adds a plus to fishing.

I don't need it personally, but I think the game needs a path to help with fishing, either a + to chance to get a rare or a speed boost. I think that would be a lot better than either jump or superstition, and XP is sort of a meh too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIgmo View Post
    Just as a side note for devs, the more useful/relevant each food is, the less likely players will be to see the process of growing better foods as a chore (since the byproducts would still be good to have). My personal suggestion is for all foods to be relevant to all level/PR ranges (using percentage buffs for larger stats like damage/max HP is a good start), as well as keep in mind that these are temporary buffs that can't be "unequipped" once added, so will have to be replenished -- low buffs that are also temporary seem very much like a waste of time/effort, so I'd also suggest bumping the values up a bit (maybe keeping them sort of in-line with a single stat line you'd see on a radiant or stellar level piece of equipment (don't have these numbers handy) -- if multi-stat foods are added later, these could be off-set by dividing the stats provided or requiring more food items to create). Some ideas based on Usagi's suggestions might be:

Unicorn Chard: +10% PD/MD
    Qumatos: +8 Jump
    Corn on the Qube: +20% attack speed
    Cinnamellon: +10 Max energy
    Qubage: +70% Max HP
    Bunfeed: +35% Crit Damage
    Bunched Purp'lil: 20 cooldown (this is a solid buff)
    Onionito: +15 move speed
    Totter Tates: +200 Light
    This is some excellent feedback and suggestions for improvement, to bad it will likely get ignored.

Even if we are stuck with the current values, I spot a balance issue regarding two specific foods:

Washed Unicorn Chard: +250 PD for 60 minutes
    Washed Qubbage: +250 MD for 120 minutes

They really should have the same duration; as is you're just favoring magic damage classes once again. (Also, I'd expect Magic Damage to be on the Unicorn Chard since that feels more "magical" to me.)

+ Reply to Thread