+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Going Green? More like Going for Broke

Quote Originally Posted by Anywho View Post
    makes sense, that's what archeage does with their labor system, forces you to stay logged in to gain labor OR sub their game ... after my power supply burned out from leaving the game on 24/7 i uninstalled it and never looked back. now it seems Gamigo wants to employ similar tactics in Trove ... its a shame, i just started playing again, oh well, there is always other games ...
    My apologies, it's not a seed, its a bulb, it's on the patch notes.

"Moonlight bulbs can now be found all over Trove and Geode. These bulbs concentrate the power of the moon goddess into a harvestable resource. But watch out, the moon goddess doesn't take kindly to these falling into the hands of Trovians and will remove them from your bags when you go offline for more than an hour."
    IGN: _Ethernet || /joinworld Etherion Temple

It will remove the bulbs if you are off for an hour....so if you crash and come back, you are safe.

How do you get bobble pods?

Quote Originally Posted by SavageSergal View Post
    It will remove the bulbs if you are off for an hour....so if you crash and come back, you are safe.

Bobble pods can be found by harvesting plants or breaking adventure world plants.

Even these things are time gated in a way. Once you actually find one you have to plant them and then have to wait a minute before you can harvest them and THEN you get the blast flower that you can throw like a piņata and then smash. I mean why? Why not just give us the flower? Why do we have to grow it 1st after spending ages running over grass and stuff. This update might just be the end of Trove for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brayer View Post
    Even these things are time gated in a way. Once you actually find one you have to plant them and then have to wait a minute before you can harvest them and THEN you get the blast flower that you can throw like a piņata and then smash. I mean why? Why not just give us the flower? Why do we have to grow it 1st after spending ages running over grass and stuff. This update might just be the end of Trove for me.
    Agreed. Bobble pods should either grow in a few seconds, or, better yet, just give us the flower like you suggest.

Edit: After thinking through this, I suspect they may have done these this way to make them benefit from gathering day (more pods per harvest) -- I'll try to do some testing on this on Tuesday.

Everything from this update seems either silly or offensive to players.

Quote Originally Posted by TorakWolf View Post
    Everything from this update seems either silly or offensive to players.
    If you've not checked it out on the PTS, I'd recommend checking it out for yourself, rather that taking the word of other folks here on the forums. I've not personally found it to be bad, and see some benefit in the way some of the food items are set up to be crafted (it will allow people with lower gardening skill to sell off the "lesser" produce to players wanting to craft the "better" foods). There are some pieces that definitely need to be tweaked, but this IS the test server, so I'm not taking the current state as the release state. My personal feeling is that it's an overall improvement on the gardening experience, since I don't have to re-plant entire fields every harvest, and plants will all be ready for harvest at the same time, rather than varying times. My problems are the difficulty early on at getting new seeds (since you'll mostly be relying on breaking plants in adventure worlds to find bobble pods for new seeds, rather than harvesting plants you've planted for them), the current food buff values (especially with regard to harvest time), and water requirements on some of the food items (especially since some of these are required for crafting higher level foods items). There are other polish issues, and admittedly, I've been having trouble getting in after this morning's patch (Out of date, and now getting stuck during the login process -- I'm hoping that the daily reset will resolve that) so I've not had a chance to test most of the stuff to any super in-depth amount. Again, I recommend you check it out and see how you feel about it, if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIgmo View Post
    Bobble pods can be found by harvesting plants or breaking adventure world plants.
    ty, I am not on PTS so I appreciate the answers.

What about composting? Can they be attained that way?

ty, I am not on PTS so I appreciate the answers.

What about composting? Can they be attained that way?
    I don't believe that they drop from compost heaps (from limited testing), but compost heaps do drop the alchemy plant seeds (the plants that produce materials) including golden watering can seeds, which seem to be pretty common (which will help with growing plants more quickly, but, I'd like to see watering requirements lowered on a lot of the plants, especially vegetables, but I digress), and alchemy plants and vegetables both have chances to drop bobble pods when harvested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIgmo View Post
    I don't believe that they drop from compost heaps (from limited testing), but compost heaps do drop the alchemy plant seeds (the plants that produce materials) including golden watering can seeds, which seem to be pretty common (which will help with growing plants more quickly, but, I'd like to see watering requirements lowered on a lot of the plants, especially vegetables, but I digress), and alchemy plants and vegetables both have chances to drop bobble pods when harvested.
    ty again for the info. I actually look forward to the update.

+ Reply to Thread