+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Going Green? More like Going for Broke

Going Green? More like Going Broke

I'm sorry but on paper this new update looks horrible. Is this what Troves endgame has come to? Farming Sim 2019? Because you know the endgamers will do this because of all the mastery you've locked up in it. All this gardening stuff is just to keep players logged in longer and longer, it's cheap.

And I mean really? Look at some of the badges... compost 1 MILLION times to get 150 mastery for the obsidian badge.

This is like Mining Sim 2018...I mean Geode update all over again. Pointless stuff that no one asked for but will be forced to do (yes...we do have to) because of how much mastery you've tied into it.

Thanks, this will drive players away in droves as it does nothing for the core game which player actually enjoy.

Umm... Speak for yourself. This end gamer will NOT be doing all that just for mastery points.
    I do not see the new content update as a reason to login and do anything in Trove.

But maybe that is why I am not at max mastery but rather down around #970 in Trove Mastery ranking.

Thorvik.

Just waiting for the inevitable "greater Gardening caches" to be added to the store for the wallet warriors to skip most of the tediousness of this update.

It's the sad path that most free to play mmo trails.
    Nothing new under the sun, and it'll eventually kill the game.
    Might not be this update, but it'll go lower and lower on these "tactics" to hold players by "force" to complete tasks in the game, nobody likes it, nobody wants to feel forced to stay online to keep track on count down chronometers. Just the same, grind and wait for time-gameted stuff to pop ready, always the easiest way, gotta pump those numbers, right?!
    There's literally a seed that will disapear if you logoff, seriously? I mean, really?! wow...

Freaking hell. Devs will never learn and come up with something pleasent, will they?
    IGN: _Ethernet || /joinworld Etherion Temple

I guess I don't understand all the venom about this update. You have the ability to get multiple harvests out of a single plant, depending on how closely you tend it, and we'll have the ability to grow new things that we couldn't grow before. I'm pretty sure that the "greater caches" are just going to either be packs of golden watering cans (since those completely fill water with a single use) or packs of specific seeds for specific plant types. The golden cans can be picked up from bobble pods and compost heaps, which gives everyone reasonably easy access to them once they've invested some work into raising the profession. I'd also be super surprised if the water requirements and/or time between watering wasn't lowered over the next few months, since those seem to be the big time sink with this system.

Edit: I also sort of suspect we'll get one or more club fixtures that will help with farming (extending time to wilt or time to water or amount of water need)

Edit2: Instagrowers appear to still work as well, so if you've got the tome, make use.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherbl View Post
    There's literally a seed that will disapear if you logoff, seriously? I mean, really?! wow...
    I SERIOUSLY hope this is not true. With how often the game crashes (it is nearly impossible to stay logged in for an hour straight) this seed would be gamble to craft every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherbl View Post

makes sense, that's what archeage does with their labor system, forces you to stay logged in to gain labor OR sub their game ... after my power supply burned out from leaving the game on 24/7 i uninstalled it and never looked back. now it seems Gamigo wants to employ similar tactics in Trove ... its a shame, i just started playing again, oh well, there is always other games ...

I haven't spent any money in trove since the last mandatory pack, and that's the last of my money they will be getting. This game is a pile of **** now that the devs have had 3 years to ruin everything that once made it fun. Looks like they are continuing the tradition of ******** now that Gamigo has taken over. God forbid you guys actually do something like develop a game, nope, we get gardening. What a god damn waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Anywho View Post
    makes sense, that's what archeage does with their labor system, forces you to stay logged in to gain labor OR sub their game ... after my power supply burned out from leaving the game on 24/7 i uninstalled it and never looked back. now it seems Gamigo wants to employ similar tactics in Trove ... its a shame, i just started playing again, oh well, there is always other games ...
    it won't make sense here given games coding. If does, that means you can not leave the world and have to sit. Anything else invites crashing. Meaning its literally designed to trash materials due to instabilities. If this does exist might as well make a thread demanding its removal or keep warning others not to ever use this unless they plan to stay in world till it grows.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Quote Originally Posted by TheIgmo View Post
    Edit: I also sort of suspect we'll get one or more club fixtures that will help with farming (extending time to wilt or time to water or amount of water need)
    and if it's like the Heroes update, we did not get any additional club slots, so I do not see a lot of clubs changing their existing fixtures for a new one that allows for better plants. I'd rather see them add onto the existing fixtures to add buffs for planting if they are not going to add additional club fixture slots.

+ Reply to Thread