+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Going Green? More like Going for Broke

I'll add that the gameplay badges for composting (as well as watering and harvesting plants) does give you 5 Bobble Pods (and 5 Instagrowers) per tier of badge. The first couple tiers aren't too bad to reach - I'm certainly within striking distance of 3 composting tiers (Gold) by composting 10k Eyes of Q'bthulhu when this update hits the live servers. That'll be a fairly quick 15 Bobble Pods from that, and tending to my plants from those should get me a few more Bobble Pods.

The main difficulty is going to be in scrounging together the materials to craft the watering can consumables. My current estimate for where one of these might cost on release is ~7500 flux worth of material inputs, assuming the crafting recipe for it stays the same and the current live market prices only have a mild uptick with the newly created demand. And that's to water up to 9 plants one time, when plants usually need 2-4 watering cycles to reach the harvest cycle. It'll be interesting to see how much the first of the new plants get sold for, considering that many of these get recycled into making the higher tier seeds and stuff.

However, this is also going to give quite a few materials - I expect the market to get a bit flooded with shapestone, formicite, infinium, and to a lesser extent cinnabar. If you coordinate with others in throwing your Bobble Pods together, you could stand to walk away with a number of new gardening recipe scrolls. These scrolls *could* be loot collected into one blank scroll, sure...but the new compost bench offers a fairly enticing alternative for those who care to check it out. I've got my own path fairly well planned out and hope to reach level 300 Gardening shortly after the update drops (well, however many days it'll take anyways). I'm also hoping to get enough extra ores to really start building things in my club world.

Overall, I'm kinda looking forward to this. Thank goodness I'm not an end-game player starved for mastery gains or I'd probably be dreading some of those grindier aspects. :P

How did that testing go for Gathering Day? Did you get more Bobble Pods?

Quote Originally Posted by SavageSergal View Post
    How did that testing go for Gathering Day? Did you get more Bobble Pods?
    From the limited testing (the bobble pod seeds to grow the harvestable bobble pod plants are not nearly as common as ready-to-toss bobble pods, which you get from virtually all of the gardening badges), it does look like the bobble pod plants are affected by gathering bonuses currently. Furthermore, though it's a little more difficult to tell with the variable yields that plants already give, it doesn't look like the new plants in general are currently affected by the gathering bonus (though you do get more than 1 item from most plants by default).

Quote Originally Posted by TheIgmo View Post
    From the limited testing (the bobble pod seeds to grow the harvestable bobble pod plants are not nearly as common as ready-to-toss bobble pods, which you get from virtually all of the gardening badges), it does look like the bobble pod plants are affected by gathering bonuses currently. Furthermore, though it's a little more difficult to tell with the variable yields that plants already give, it doesn't look like the new plants in general are currently affected by the gathering bonus (though you do get more than 1 item from most plants by default).
    They should have made the plants able to be affected by gathering day as what's the point of all old plants being able to, but not the new? It should be across the board.

ty for letting me know

Quote Originally Posted by SavageSergal View Post
    They should have made the plants able to be affected by gathering day as what's the point of all old plants being able to, but not the new? It should be across the board.

ty for letting me know
    Agreed, I'd have liked to have seen double/triple harvests on the new plants for gathering day. On the plus side, not only are MANY more resources available through gardening (even including gem dust), and if you get duplicate recipes, they can be broken down into decent amounts of the material they would normally produce from the compost workbench (ex. composting an infinium plant recipe gives 600 infinium, I believe), so you have another method of gathering materials that way as well. Still would love to be able to get yield multipliers on gathering day (and would really like to see plants in club worlds reworked, since it will only really be beneficial to plant ally homes in clubs as things currently stand), but for the most part it seems like it's going to be an overall net gain with how plants work now.

I stopped actively playing a few months ago and only logged in once or twice a week to get daily rewards.

Saw the patch notes as I was waiting for the gardening update to decide if I'd come back and now I can say bye to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ODemiurgeO View Post
    I SERIOUSLY hope this is not true. With how often the game crashes (it is nearly impossible to stay logged in for an hour straight) this seed would be gamble to craft every time.
    The seed disappears if you stay logged off for more than an hour

there's a difference between seed and moonlight bulb, leave bulb farming for last and craft when you're done farming. It's a small issue.

+ Reply to Thread