+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Downtime 4/30- PC: Noon PST / 7:00 PM UTC - Completed

shouldn't effect it at all

No still can play yet

Server Is a Go

Trove just crashed..

tf

ey wtf do you people shut the servers down when evry one is playing cant you do it around 6 in the morning when all sleep or go to school ???????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasie View Post
    Hi TheMassa and HolyAlexander

I'd be frustrated too if I wanted to play, so I can understand what youre saying.

We do have a challenge with downtime though; PC and XB1 are worldwide servers, so there is never a good time for every player.

We also need to balance downtime with our various offices (We have offices in multiple times zones), to make sure the proper people are always on hand.

On top of that, we need to consider business hours for external partners across different countries, or work around their scheduled maintenance periods.

As such, its difficult to schedule a time that works for every player, and its not as simple as shut down the servers in the middle of the night to fix something. I do apologize though!

--Phantasie

Thanx for the insight, Phantasie.

I know that Trove allows player from all over the world to login. But I assume that even with this fact, there are certain times when less people playing and other times with a lot more people playing. Am I mistaken?

There are still office times to consider. Actually this was a new info since it always seemed that everything was done from one single time zone.

I hope you can find a good time for further updates that would please 'most' people. I don't say 'everyone', since this is simply not possible.

Thanx for your great work

+ Reply to Thread