+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ideas for the game, future update ideas for devs

ideas for the game, future update ideas for devs

it would be cool when you reach max level to have a bar like a tome but it was based on how much xp you gain or how many dungeons you do. Then when the bar fills you could get a reward like a lustrious gem box and you could farm it. So maybe like every 100 dungeons you could get a reward.
    or maybe have a range of rewards the player could choose from.
    This would give a reason to grind endless dungeons and would make it more rewarding then just grinding for gem dust.

A prestige system sort of. Maplestory 2 had one like this and it was really interesting. After being level, I forget now, 50 i think, you would start getting prestige xp (max level i think was 60) and each time you leveled up in prestige, you got rewards and stat buffs similar to mastery. However we also got a loot box each time we leveled up in prestige. Maybe that could be an alternate way to get credits. Thanks for thinking of this, I'll write it up in a backlog I have.

IGN: Argonaut_of_MC | Mastery: 730+ | 34,000+ PR Knight & Gunslinger |My Trovesaurus Profile | Discord: Argonaut_of_MC#0239 | Knight mains FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Unvsl Cactus View Post
    it would be cool when you reach max level to have a bar like a tome but it was based on how much xp you gain or how many dungeons you do. Then when the bar fills you could get a reward like a lustrious gem box and you could farm it. So maybe like every 100 dungeons you could get a reward.
    or maybe have a range of rewards the player could choose from.
    This would give a reason to grind endless dungeons and would make it more rewarding then just grinding for gem dust.
    Um.... Please explain how this differs from the daily star bar that you already get rewards for 5 times per day. (Not infinite) Also, if you look at the weekly XP contest, you do get rewarded for doing dungeons for XP. So IMO, they are already rewarding you for this type of activity, but the reward distribution is not like you are describing it.

Say each day we have, uh, 1,000,00 xp to get from dungeons, after that fills up, then we can get a loot box with something in it. In Maplestory, after that xp bar fills up, any xp extra will fill it very very slowly, but it will fill. Then on the reset, that little prestige xp nerf is becomes uncapped again and you can go grind out another level of prestige xp. This could help replace the daily loot chests that were replaced with the weekly leaderboards xp chests. Those daily chests are something that needs to come back, I'm frankly tired of getting just dragonite that's useless and stacking chaos chests daily along with more useless cubits I'm not going to spend and pinatas than I'll never crack open.

IGN: Argonaut_of_MC | Mastery: 730+ | 34,000+ PR Knight & Gunslinger |My Trovesaurus Profile | Discord: Argonaut_of_MC#0239 | Knight mains FTW

It is already in Trove, leaderboard system. You see a stronger reasons to keep grinding Ultra ST; you see a reason to gather more boxes and only open at right timing; you see a reason to finish as many dungeons as you want. However, the problem is the rewards, tiers scaling. All they need to do is tweak around it, in which they already did to the Weekly Class PR ranking to made new players get Empowered Gem Boxes like a joke (2500 PR instead of 5000), as long as they crafted the class.

What I mean by tweaking, such as making the flawless ST on lower difficulties (U1 U2) holds top 250 players instead of 100 for rewarding; top PR for classes to have more players receiving Dark Chaos Chests. The idea of leaderboard is same as what you are suggesting: rewarding for active play. But as I said, it needs more tweaking to scale with high number of active players, and even consider to rework some, such as Glim Contest where players can keep recycle back right after the weekly contest is ended.

+ Reply to Thread