+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An alternate reality.

An alternate reality.

Time for another controversial topic, alt (alternate) account. Alts accounts have been allowed for as long as I can remember, I don't know the main reason for why they were allowed, but they are. I want the allowance of alt accounts to either be limited or outright terminated. Lets all face it, alt accounts ruin the economy of trove. This is one of the main reasons why I want alt accounts removed from the game.

There are certain severities of how alt accounts are used ranging from holding an empty world by standing still to following the main account around and multiplying rare resources. When I saw a spike in these accounts rising was the release of the geode style stashes. The crystalline cores are not tradable and you get 14 a day from the gold and silver rewards. This means that players with alt accounts can make one stash every 4 or 5 days.... multiply that with 7, 10, or 30 accounts... you can see where I'm going. "But you need crystals, those aren't tradable either." But crystal pinatas are, and people who have those high number of alt accounts tend to be very, very rich and crystal pins are nothing compared to the flux that they make. Same with the nitro and builderite. This is just one example of multiplying things, not including Luxion, tomes, and other ways.

Another reason why alt accounts are bad, however not as bad of a reason but bad all the same is how alt accounts control the player marketplace. People make lots of flux by having multiple accounts to have as many marketplace slots as possible. I personally know people that make their flux this way, they have 4 or 5 alts accounts all with their market slots filled with whatever, I don't use alts so I don't know what they sell usually. The reality is that the alts have ruined the player marketplace. On console, they have a much healthier market because alts are hard to make or straight up do not exist on console.

Other uses of alt accounts I've seen are placing them down in the geode topside to make 5 star dungeon farming easier. One rushes to 5 star dungeons and places down an alt, people friend and join onto the alt while the main rushes off to another 5 star dungeon.

Some fixes I thought of might be limiting the amount of alts to one. One main and one alt, that's it. If players don't want that, then deal with no alts. "What if I'm logging in for a friend?" Well, account sharing is against the terms anyways. "My sister and I both play the game, how can you tell the difference in an alt and another family members?" There are some peoples alts who are as obvious as all can be, with names like Archer1, Archer2, Archer3, etc. and there are some not so obvious ones. There could be systems in check to make sure you and your family can all play. I have thought of many things such as only one Glyph launcher at a time, but they can just have the long way of trading with club chests. IP checking? VPNs. I personally am sick and tired of seeing people make alts to speed past everyone else in the game. Something needs to be done, and very, VERY soon.

Yes I know it's not a popular opinion, But it's something that needs to be done. I hereby challenge EVERYONE that reads this post to not use any alts for a month. Iv'e not used any alts for nearly 4 years, I'm prepared to keep my pride about that. Thanks for listening.

IGN: Argonaut_of_MC | Mastery: 730+ | 34,000+ PR Knight & Gunslinger |My Trovesaurus Profile | Discord: Argonaut_of_MC#0239 | Knight mains FTW

I've said very early on that alts should be cracked down on because of the effect it had on the economy. I was only met with hate from people that multiboxed.

Its sad.

It was never fixed or addressed because the devs didnt want to put in the time.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

an easy way of stoping it.. is to direcly embrace it
    what i mean is to allow 4 alts PER ACCOUNT (IP checking) make the alts LINKED AND BE CREATED DIRECLY from the main account (1 mail adresse for 4 alts (5 accounts total)) the alts dont drop anything, but in exchange, are at the same level as the player(pr,mr and color).
    alts can only stay X amont of time out of their main account's world ect...
    it can be a proposition.

sorry for my english :x

I agree, alts should just be outright banned. It's annoying that people can just double their flux gain just by using an alt, ex. nitro farming with an alt literally just doubles your profit. Im curious to see how the marketplace would look without alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandious View Post
    I agree, alts should just be outright banned. It's annoying that people can just double their flux gain just by using an alt, ex. nitro farming with an alt literally just doubles your profit. Im curious to see how the marketplace would look without alts.
    we also should see the consequences that i might have..

having alts LOWERS the overall marketplace prices...
    lower prices makes new players be able to buy items and play more...
    removing this factor.. less players will join, lesss players might pay, and trove might close

I agree that alts lower the value of the market, I agree with that linking accounts feature, but I think that it should be limited to two accounts tops. Even saying that, alt account abuse is what led to the most important, time gated materials such as dragon coins, chaos chests, chaotic loot, all sorts of things, nontradable.

IGN: Argonaut_of_MC | Mastery: 730+ | 34,000+ PR Knight & Gunslinger |My Trovesaurus Profile | Discord: Argonaut_of_MC#0239 | Knight mains FTW

Monitoring free accounts for alts would very hard thing to implement and be fair on a free to play platform. Now if this game was subscription based than the people who want to multi box and have alts needs to pay more and because of this you don't see a large base of people doing it. I am sure no one wants trove to become subscription based.

I already pay for patron, I'm not paying for a subscription to get into the game.

I know that I am in the minority for how I used my alt accounts, but I have 5 accounts that I was playing individually every day. (One challenge and the star bar) When I first hit level 30 on all classes, playing the alt accounts almost exclusively for the next 6 months, and being able to do that kept the game fun for me instead of me just walking away from it as I did not want to do the gem dust grind on the main account at that point in time.

When the December U10 update hit, that changed the way that I played/used the alt accounts. The focus was shifted to concentrating on the main account, and spending less time on the individual alt accounts. Monday night was busy for me in trying to get in 5 Ultra runs as all of the alt accounts had a 28K+ Vanguardian that I used for doing their Ultra ST's.

Different players have different styles of game play. Some only play one class and that is it. Others like me get all classes geared for playing the endgame content and I like the ability to swap up what class I am playing depending on how I feel that day.

My first alt was started as a fishing alt during Beta. That account is now over 400 mastery and has all classes level 30. I don't use the alts to feed the main account. On the contrary, for me the alts drain the main account more than they contribute to the main account. Over the years, I started other alts to see what the new player experience was like at the time.

From what I remember in Beta this topic was brought up several time, Trion used to say that 5 accounts were allowed, then a few years later they were saying no limit.

In summary, there is more than one answer to this issue, and I don't agree with your assessment of the issue as I am an exception to how you say that alt accounts are used. I think I would have quit Trove a long time ago if I had not had the alt accounts to keep my interest in the game.

I know there are people like you out there who use alt accounts to keep the game fresh for you, however because of a select number of players, that experience has been abused and ruined the idea behind creating an alt account. As I stated, I would be fine with alt accounts as long as they are very limited and maybe if they have special mechanics like objects could be traded to them, but not from them, and so on. Also, give them a special symbol that they could easily be identified as an alt account. Those ideas I just thought of right now.

+ Reply to Thread