+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: An alternate reality.

I had an alt account back when flux storage took up space and still use it because max storage still isn't enough for me. I'd really rather not be limited. Admittedly I do have 11 accounts which I used for ST runs when they said they were going to nerf it. They're unused nowadays.

As someone who's played around with alts (primarily for flavor/social reasons), I think that there are definitely some issues caused by allowing them to be played simultaneously: Resource farming yields higher returns, the time-gated stuff can be obtained multiple times, and more accounts being online could be stressing the servers (and our computers) more than necessary. It could even lead to undesirable behaviors like botting, harassment, etc if the player using alts is really unscrupulous. I don't really like those prospects, and I prefer to use my alts for more positive ends - I want to reach out and help more people grow, and I never touch automation if it's not already built into the game as a feature. (This basically means all I really end up doing in Trove with my alts most of the time is to chat in multiple globals and join more than 5 clubs to expand my social circle.)

I'd be fine with restrictions if the developers chose to implement anything like this (for example, allowing only one instance of Trove to be played at a time on a computer). Depending on what the restrictions are, it might make certain things harder on me, but so be it - I'll adjust as the need arises.

----

Some extra points to consider:

1) If the price of goods goes up across the board, it might not restrict newbies as much as one might think - don't forget that you're just as capable of selling items as you are capable of buying them.

2) Even without alts, I would imagine certain things still have to be soulbound for the health of the game and keeping progression systems intact. For example, I believe that gems should remain untradable as this is a fairly major portion of a player's progression and allowing this progression to become tradable would likely result in quicker content consumption rates and people losing interest considerably faster.

3) As it stands, it's actually pretty simple to run multiple simultaneous instances of Trove. The launcher has a built-in "remember login info for multiple accounts" option (disabled by default) and then you'd just need to click the drop-down in the upper right, select an account, and hit the Play button to open another window. It's almost like they want people to run multiple accounts given how convenient and streamlined this is... :thinking:

4) If there are any rule/policy changes they would have to be very clearly defined and prominently announced so everybody is aware of it. There was so much confusion going on when some people were apparently being banned for hosting K10 farms and the reason for that was a poorly done announcement that "moving the outpost NPC" was being considered a bannable exploit (rather harsh in my opinion given the other stuff people have been allowed to get away with). Most people will generally follow rules if the rules make sense, are clearly defined, and we are aware of it being a rule.

I've had my 7 alts for 3~4 years now. I <3 them. They help me on my limited play times of Trove to get a bunch of things to giveaway to others. I've put work into them over the years. At this time its hard to really call them alts...they can be someones main account lol. All 7 "alts" have multiple lvl 30 classes, 25-27k power rank pirate captains, all 300+ total mastery, all able to explore tier 5 geode caves, all chaos/writing of wonder/dragon coin/dragon hoard/eclipse key/metamatter tomes to fill every week.

While I would understand the reasoning behind it...it would be unfortunate for some if gamigo decided to change the multibox rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    While I would understand the reasoning behind it...it would be unfortunate for some if gamigo decided to change the multibox rules.

As far as I know multiboxing was never allowed. They said you can have alt accounts but using anything to automate actions is bannable. You can go to the boss room and invite all your alts, kill the boss with your main and get the rewards. But if you are using a program that makes your alts follow you the entire ST run itīs against the rules.

trove is gonna die soon with your account and all the alts, enjoy

also, no one is a P2W scrub like you

I seem to remember this issue was talked about a few years back and Trion basically came out and said they had no way of tracking how many alternate accounts someone had, unless they were basically multi-boxing 30 accounts simultaneously. The core issue with trying to shut down alt accounts is the same issue a lot of MMOs have these days; entire families playing the same game, and LAN style parties or tournament settings where dozens or hundreds of systems connect from one source to complete tasks done by legitimate players. Additionally, since you only need an email account to play, theres no real set security checking to see if your making another account from the same location or not.

This might change in the near future. I've heard Apex Legends has started scanning the physical hardware of machines that log into their game so they can hard lock out cheaters based on their graphics card/motherboard IDs. If its successful, you can expect it to spread to other gaming networks.

I dont expect to actually see anything this detailed in Trove however, not since the Gamigo buyout.
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
    I'd be fine with restrictions if the developers chose to implement anything like this (for example, allowing only one instance of Trove to be played at a time on a computer). Depending on what the restrictions are, it might make certain things harder on me, but so be it - I'll adjust as the need arises.
    I already play on 5 different PC's. 3 desktops and 2 laptops. so forcing the single instance of Trove would not affect my gameplay.

Having the remember the login function makes it much easier for me to cycle thru the accounts on my main PC when I am doing the coin challenges. I actually use 2 PC's for getting the coin challenges done in under 8 minutes for all 5 accounts. 3 on the main PC, and 2 on a second PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4dowKill View Post

Thanks man, this wasn't an issue about "pay to win" and I doubt trove will die as soon as you think.

IGN: Argonaut_of_MC | Mastery: 730+ | 34,000+ PR Knight & Gunslinger |My Trovesaurus Profile | Discord: Argonaut_of_MC#0239 | Knight mains FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4dowKill View Post

People have been saying "Trove is gunna die soon" for literal years my dude. It hasnt happened yet. Even tho the population has been slowly, and I mean SLOWLY, shrinking over a long period of time, there is still quite a lot of people that play.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

+ Reply to Thread