+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion on Infinium Mined Contest

Suggestion on Infinium Mined Contest

Every other week we have the Infinium Mined contest on the leaderboards. The problem with this contest is there are never enough people doing it to even have a 25,000 rank.

This needs to be looked at and possibly replaced. My suggestion would be to combine all ore mined into a single total number. The contest would then be "Ore Mined" and would be the weekly total of all Shapestone, Formicite, Infinium, Cinnabar, Veridium, and Nitro-Glitterine. This could also include Crystallized Cloud, Primordial Flames, and Glacial shards as well. although I think just the 6 main ones would be fine.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Yeah I thought it was funny how people campaigned for this when less people qualify for the rewards. Still, at least it works well for class pr contests.

Banned
    Never do the Inf myself and with most people now in geode this is outdated content.
    That being said, most of trove has outdated content for long time players.

I think it needs to stay so new players can get the rewards, Us in u8,9,10 geode should not need the rewards from the leaderboards anymore.
    Some parts of the game need to be for new players only, long time players having 0 to do is the issue I think not them needing to update this.

I no longer do flawless, mining etc as there are more rewarding things to spend time on.
    Lack of content is a major issue in trove, we are getting to a year now with out real content being added..

leave this for new players to get leader board rewards..

I'm not saying to remove it, I'm saying it needs to be expanded upon. Not enough people do it for it to be so limited. Also it would be better for newer players if Shapestone counted as well.

Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile

Banned
    I think it needs to be left for new players to get stuff long term players won't do.
    These rewards need to go where needed not to the same people for ever.

New content with items long term players need should be added.
    Why does a long term player even bother getting these? This is so old content, leave it for new players.

25k I know your not seeing all rewards picked up and that's your idea to fix this.
    My issue is the people who are getting the reward are the people who need it, changing it to include everyone just shifts the rewards to people who don't really need them.

I think you somewhat prove my point. The end game players don't care about this, They don't farm ore, they can buy all the ore they need no problem. My concerns are based on not enough newer players getting rewards. See for yourself: https://trove.summerhaas.com/contest-stats Very rarely do we see 25,000 people participate in this contest. If all ore was included, newer players who are after shapestone can participate. On that token it could just be changed to Shapestone alone. Either way, it would be better than just Infinium.

I think one factor is that they nerfed the rate infinium appears ages ago. I used to farm it too, but that's one of the reasons I can't be bothered anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    I think one factor is that they nerfed the rate infinium appears ages ago. I used to farm it too, but that's one of the reasons I can't be bothered anymore.
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...l=1#post817370
    Infinium was fixed but it wasn't mention in the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    I think it needs to be left for new players to get stuff long term players won't do.
    These rewards need to go where needed not to the same people for ever.

New content with items long term players need should be added.
    Why does a long term player even bother getting these? This is so old content, leave it for new players.

25k I know your not seeing all rewards picked up and that's your idea to fix this.
    My issue is the people who are getting the reward are the people who need it, changing it to include everyone just shifts the rewards to people who don't really need them.
    I do this weekly contest for the gem booster rewards. IMO both new and long term players still need the gem boosters. (I do)

Maybe the top players that already have max gems on all classes may not need the gem boosters, but I think that is a minority of the long term players, and you should not modify for the minority of players.

I try to do the 350 Infinium ore mined per account and that is it as I do not see the upper rewards worth the effort with my limited game play time per week. Before the December update, I was able to complete this while doing the daily star bar farming in U9 worlds. Since the December update, I don't see Infinium ore while doing my daily star bar as I switched to Geode topside. so I only did the mining for this contest on my main account on Sunday.

Modifying the quest to include more ores would be great for the player base IMO. I'd even be satisfied with only adding Nitro-Glitterine for topside.

To be fair most of the contests don΄t have enough players doing it. I know the box opened and glim are basically hit the minium value for horseshoes and you already get the luckybugs, same as infinium. I think it΄s more a question of number of players than the difficulty of the contests. But lowering the 25k would piss a lot of people off, like me, but I could live without the few luckbugs.

+ Reply to Thread