+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: For the sake of avoiding regret

For the sake of avoiding regret

Have the new ďdevsĒ even given us any sort of announcement of any plans or ideas they have for Trove? I honestly havenít done much forum digging but there doesnít seem to be anything related to it.

I have played this game for over 3 years and have put several hundred dollars into it.. not to mention the other people that have put thousands into it! Itís just a shame to see a game with so much potential be manhandled by people who just want money.. is this game going to see any new content, new expansions or anything?

I am beyond skeptical at this point. As Gamigo being a publisher of F2P games, and not really a developer.. I donít see Trove going anywhere. Itís so hard to imagine otherwise.

I for one, will not, and I mean WILL NOT, invest any more money into this game or even much more of my time for that matter, until some intentions are revealed. I suggest everyone do the same!

Also, I mean who knows.. Gamigo might do good things.. we just donít know yet..

I WILL REMAIN HOPEFUL

2.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #2
    Senior Community Manager
    We posted something after the transition from Trion Worlds to gamigo US that you can find here.

The team has been discussing another letter to get more updates out to people, so I suspect that will happen (I don't have an ETA for when just yet). In the meantime, I think it's best to clarify something that appears to be causing confusion.

The dev teams for each of our games are the same people that were building the games before gamigo group purchased TW assets. The teams are smaller now, absolutely, but the people at the top of each game are the same as before. As a publisher with a pretty long history in games, gamigo has allowed our teams to keep their previous design philosophies, or to make changes where needed, within our budget as a company.

Being worried about the future is understandable. We want to be able to share info early, but as we work out the best long term strategy for the future, this means plans may need to change. As a Community Manager for a good number of years now, I can say that communities get much angrier about changes to announced plans than just about anything else.

Work is being done. Our next big patch will introduce a new system to Trove: Gardening. It's a big system that offers a variety of benefits. It will be available for PTS testing on PC later in the year. Beyond that update, please be patient as we work to finalize plans so we can deliver on what we promise.

Thanks

I can understand why players are uneasy. All we've seen from Gamigo is the Update planned for Winter laster year stripped into 3 smaller updates...U10 surface, BR2 and Gardening. Remember, before the take over all 3 were part of 1 update. We understand the team is smaller but we've yet to hear of anything that's actually "new". This is just the content we were told about 6 months ago.

Where's phase 3? Will we meet Undertow? What's happened to the Cosmic Primordial Dragon?

4.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #4
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayer View Post
    I can understand why players are uneasy. All we've seen from Gamigo is the Update planned for Winter laster year stripped into 3 smaller updates...U10 surface, BR2 and Gardening. Remember, before the take over all 3 were part of 1 update. We understand the team is smaller but we've yet to hear of anything that's actually "new". This is just the content we were told about 6 months ago.

Where's phase 3? Will we meet Undertow? What's happened to the Cosmic Primordial Dragon?
    Phase 2 was Crystal Combat, which released on consoles last month. If your frustration is based on not having details of phase 3 a month after everyone got access to phase 2, this may be more of an issue with expectations rather than communication.

Also, hearing about plans isn't the same as executing a plan. When going on vacation, do you book the trip, then head right back into work? I'd say for most people we like to know about plans, then we like to enjoy the thing that was planned. It's not different here. Having heard about updates months ago doesn't mean we should never release that content.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Phase 2 was Crystal Combat, which released on consoles last month. If your frustration is based on not having details of phase 3 a month after everyone got access to phase 2, this may be more of an issue with expectations rather than communication.

Also, hearing about plans isn't the same as executing a plan. When going on vacation, do you book the trip, then head right back into work? I'd say for most people we like to know about plans, then we like to enjoy the thing that was planned. It's not different here. Having heard about updates months ago doesn't mean we should never release that content.

Thanks
    No no Fasti, go back and watch the live streams just before Trion went under. We had a preview of Geode surface, we had gameplay on the 2 new maps for BR2 and we were shown all the concept art for Gardening 2.0. All of that was Phase 2. That is what we were told. 5-6 months ago.

I understand things change when take overs happen but you're very wrong to accuse me of being frustrated by my own expectations. Phase 2 was stripped down into 3 separate update. Don't deny it, anyone who followed the Dev streams knows this. Surface, BR2 and Gardening 2.0

Before Gamigo took over we were told that Geode would be a 3 phase plan. Phase one was for summer last year (Geode caves) Phase 2 was for Fall 2018 (it was called U10+ remember) and Phase 3 was for early 2019.

What we've had is Phase 1...Part 1 of phase 2, Part 2 of phase 2 which has just hit PC and Part 3 of Phase 2 will be out sometime around May at a guess. So excuse me for being frustrated at the lack of communication about upcoming updates when all we've had is talk about "new" content that was supposed to come out last year.

+ Reply to Thread