+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: K10 farming fix feedback

Thumbs up K10 farming fix feedback

I get it, you work hard towards making the game more enjoyable and better for everyone. And usually i like the updates with fixes and new content coming out.. But HOW is it making things more enjoyable by removing the ability to farm certain adventures/club quests? With todays update you managed to ruin the ability to work on club xp & clubits in a decent pase. You also alienated a part of your community who use these specific methods to help eachothers clubs level up.

If your intentions were to greatly slow us down in our progress while lowering our grinding spirits then good job on that. The kill 10 enemy quest is now not as farmable, and the club quests "pirrot lords" and "pirrots revenge" are now obsolete. We had ways to farm things, which wasn't making it too easy gaining adventurine or club xp, nor was it considered game-abuse or hurting anyone. With the "Clones spawned by boss abilities no longer count towards Adventures." change leveling clubs and gaining clubits is now WAY more tedious and makes people upset.

Please, let us keep actual enjoyable things that doesn't break the game!
    Would it be possible reverting this change? Trove is falling apart enough as it is. =(
    Casual Trove-streamer @ www.twitch.tv/iFantomeN

- Closed BETA Player - 2014 -

Basically if you leveled your club to max, good job, enjoy. If you want to start a new club you will never be able to catch up, or maybe you will but will require 10x the effort other clubs put in. Same for xp, guess I missed my chance to level all classes because I found those farms quite boring, thinking one day I will have the patience for it. Rip my adventurine dragons too... bleh
    I mean, I think overall itīs for the best, but it shouldīve been fixed a year ago. You gave time for people to "exploit" and those that didnīt get the opportunity (or didnīt bother with it like me) will be forever in a lvl/adventurine disavantage, and so will the clubs. Well, not forever on level, but still gotta waste a lot more time to catch up.

There are at least THREE other types of Luminopolis outpost quests that can be farmed as quickly as K10's used to be. They don't even require any special cornerstone setups, moving the NPC, or having the PR qualifications to properly be in Uber-9 (maybe one of them might require it as it involves looting drops, so I'd need to actually test that sometime). Problem for most people is that they cost resources, so it's going to fall to those who have flux to buy the means to do those quickly (or you could grind out the things needed but that'll take some time).

As for Pirrot quests finally being killed off for good? It always felt a little absurd to me, though I did partake in it a couple times if I'm being honest here. I'm okay with seeing that go away however; there are other ways to grind adventurine (gem box, magic find, shadow tower quests primarily). Early level club exp grinding is going to be rougher without this "easy" method but there's still the timed challenge/thrown bombs in PvP hero, the mining shapestone in Highlands hero, and synergizing these low-end quests with other better things (e.g. Dragonfire Peaks dungeons combined with Fire Gem boxes from another club).

What really should happen though is to smooth out the grind that's constantly getting interrupted by pointless visits to the club world just to talk to the NPC again. People absolutely need to push for repeatable club quests, or quest lines, something to remove needing to dip back into the club world every 2 minutes. We could also try to push for other methods of gaining club exp, like a daily bonus of club exp tacked onto doing our star bars. Or heck, we could even push to reduce the daily club quest limit while raising the rewards (even if it's just the first 5 daily quests that get boosted, for example) so the quests actually feel like they're really doing something and we aren't leaving quests on the table. Whatever it takes to encourage people to keep grinding and seeing progress.

- For XP quick boost, Charged Circuit, Logic Loop, Matrix Board farm quest is just as fast as 10k farm, but cost quite a bit PepoSad.
    - I think they did this to promote people do "actual" farming (these u9 worlds are empty and "dead" ever since 10k farm thingy blew up).

I'm not going to sugarcoat or anything, I'll just say it plain simple:

What happened during the 10K farming is the equivalent of using an exploit. You should be ashamed. It was in need of a desperate fix. I'm sorry you don't like it. But maybe actually USE the other adventures that are out there, than benefitting from easy cheese that was 100% not intentional to begin with.

And thus I repeat my mantra: play fair, or don't play at all.

Definition of exploit:
    "The use of a flaw or oversight in a game's code in order to achieve progress in a method that is unfair and unrealistic in design." In many MMOs, taking advantage of these oversights (exploiting) can be considered criteria for closing your account. Read your Terms of Use. Kthxbai.
    Interesting Output is the project -- Altermaven is the name. A cat-dragon wind whisper who runs Voxel Villages.
    func_update(Twitter); | func_dvr(Youtube); | func_record(Mixer);
    I didn't choose the morning grind life. The morning grind life chose me.

My own experience with the changes to quests. 10Ks? couldnt care less, ive gotten all of my characters maxed and thusly have no more use for them(probably used them to max my outpost adventures for less 2 weeks before i was done). As for pirrot farming, holy **** did i see this one coming eventually but not yet. Farming adventurine without a specific combination of quests is not an easy task since 80% of all adventures just plain and simply arent worth doing. But my biggest gripe with Pirrot lords not being a thing anymore is the fact that my club might not see itself reach lvl 5 for about 3 months if not more, depending on how often i bother. Since id need my club to be lvl 6 in order to have any hope of getting it close to maxed anytime soon this update potentially ruined my chances of getting a higher levelled club. So thanks Gamigo US. Would still really love to see Auto-refreshing club adventures as that would help greatly with farming.
    Member of: Edge of Abyss, Primal Green Fusion, Fifty Shades of Mastery, EternalDragons and

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #7
    Senior Community Manager
    I've edited the title of the thread to be clear on the actual issue. The change we made was because players were using a series of steps to make the game work in a way that was not intended. It's fine to consider it along the same lines as any bug fix. We recognize that some of you preferred it the way it was, but we decided to fix it anyway. Now that it's fixed, there's not going to be a patch to break it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Altermaven View Post
    I'm not going to sugarcoat or anything, I'll just say it plain simple:

... maybe actually USE the other adventures that are out there, than benefitting from easy cheese that was 100% not intentional to begin with
    While 10e was easier to accomplish,

others just don't scale well due to extreme distances between A-B
    Kami of Resurgent Resolution ( shapestone / flames )
    Kami of Proportionate Penitence ( 3 bosses )

the outpost and target isn't in the same biome
    Kami of Fiery Fervor ( punchbots / 10e )

reliance on hosted ramp farm(s) near the outpost, viability nose dives as hrs pass without a ramage
    Kami of Considered Compassion ( rampage boss )

relative cost is a bit much, underutilized, and saturated market
    Kami of Calm Conviction ( craft materials )

open to griefing, slower, activity is hated by most
    Kami of Tumultuous Torrents ( fishing / collect plasmium )

there isn't enough outposts to come across so people tend to focus on viable ones
    10e > plasmium > fishing > ramp bosses

gear requirements, and time
    Geode Topside ( 20 bosses / (3) 5 stars ), ( 9 / 11 quest totals over (35) 5 Stars)

iTs DeSiGnEd ThAt WaY just isn't a good reason to use the other outpost adventures

Lets take lords for example, after it was 'fixed' the first time after complaints and then when the troveteam did little else to fix the actual problem [the user experience]. Weird how the focus shifted on to the availablity/viability of other quests instead?

I tried to say the Repose hero who sleeps within minutes and never wakes up, paying a premium for a worse npc and a possible compounded expense to remove because waking is throwing money away, wasn't a good idea and was given that iTs DeSiGnEd ThAt WaY response.

What reasonable solution would you give players who want the bonus experience outpost adventures provide?
    I didn't mention the use of alts holding your spot (A-B-A), since it isn't possible on console

I think it's funny that some players are so upset that they now have to grind to 30 the old fashioned way, by actually putting in some time. I mean it's already easier to get to 30 than it was. They lowered the XP needed from 29-30 and added OP's and BR as faster ways to get XP...but oh no..even that's too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    While 10e was easier to accomplish,

others just don't scale well due to extreme distances between A-B
    Kami of Resurgent Resolution ( shapestone / flames )
    Kami of Proportionate Penitence ( 3 bosses )

the outpost and target isn't in the same biome
    Kami of Fiery Fervor ( punchbots / 10e )

reliance on hosted ramp farm(s) near the outpost, viability nose dives as hrs pass without a ramage
    Kami of Considered Compassion ( rampage boss )

relative cost is a bit much, underutilized, and saturated market
    Kami of Calm Conviction ( craft materials )

open to griefing, slower, activity is hated by most
    Kami of Tumultuous Torrents ( fishing / collect plasmium )

there isn't enough outposts to come across so people tend to focus on viable ones
    10e > plasmium > fishing > ramp bosses

gear requirements, and time
    Geode Topside ( 20 bosses / (3) 5 stars ), ( 9 / 11 quest totals over (35) 5 Stars)

iTs DeSiGnEd ThAt WaY just isn't a good reason to use the other outpost adventures

Lets take lords for example, after it was 'fixed' the first time after complaints and then when the troveteam did little else to fix the actual problem [the user experience]. Weird how the focus shifted on to the availablity/viability of other quests instead?

I tried to say the Repose hero who sleeps within minutes and never wakes up, paying a premium for a worse npc and a possible compounded expense to remove because waking is throwing money away, wasn't a good idea and was given that iTs DeSiGnEd ThAt WaY response.

What reasonable solution would you give players who want the bonus experience outpost adventures provide?
    I didn't mention the use of alts holding your spot (A-B-A), since it isn't possible on console
    *jots notes down*
    So, you've labeled a bunch of reasons why the other outpost activities doesn't work. The only thing you're worried about because it was 'fixed' is the 10k outpost because it was 'viable for the means'. Instead of lamenting about the removal of the exploitation that made 10k 'viable' (or if you want me to be technical, abused), perhaps make enlightenment/ideas on how to improve existing ones (I'll say this here: outposts in general should be unmodifiable by default, this keeps the plasma/ramp ones intact), instead of just saying that removing 10k is the 'end all' of lumi outposts as a whole?

Also, as someone who has design under their belt, I laugh at your mocking about design. The devs did not intend for 10k to be abused in that matter; they fixed it. You complain about it, and somewhere up there they said they aren't breaking it again. So deal with it, or actually put the effort to get your adventurine -- or just don't play. Nobody's forcing you to, anyway.
    Interesting Output is the project -- Altermaven is the name. A cat-dragon wind whisper who runs Voxel Villages.
    func_update(Twitter); | func_dvr(Youtube); | func_record(Mixer);
    I didn't choose the morning grind life. The morning grind life chose me.

+ Reply to Thread