+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trove need a Big And Good Update

Trove need a Big And Good Update

In two weeks most players already has gotten of whta crystal update bring. We need mor quality and Cuantity of updates in the game and curently after 3 years this is the only update that actually added more endgame content wich only lasted 2 week or less.

The only thing that had and have trove alive are the players support" trion in the other hand was well.....pay to win, trove has been a very low supported game and by that im saying that trion peferred to blame your computer specs then to actually fix the game. No ofense its the truth. The game has been for years and since i entered three years ago there has been no actual change that wasnt cosmetics, br , and more pay to win. This is not Fortnite or call of duty is a actual mmo game thats meant to have evrything that eso and other greate mmemos have : story , rpg, interactive npcs and better balance, fun , and well supported.

Frankly players see that trove has potential to become a greate balance fixed game with actual rpg elements not some crappy fortnite were you just focus on mastery and pr (like most players do and technically its the only thing that the game offers).

in terms of rpg it has below zero the elements of rpgs their are no story, no cutcenes, no progress, no interactive npcs, no dialoque (exept form quick messeges from tutorial or events) witch are barly counted to even speaking, thiers no need for multiplayer since the majorty of people solo all day grinding ( and by majorty im saying a 95%/100% of players) so in reality their are no rpg elements also the story of the moon goddess and sun goodess l: first, whos the moon godess why their is no npc for it, who created dd whats the playable bavkstory of dd or any st bosses how the became to be, what is there purpose why the cant talk, Why theirs no interactive npc whith unique voice and dialoque, why does npcs dont give quest that envolves actual rpg rather then grinding like the clubs npcs, why npcs cant fight, why world are empty of towns ruins and cave why their just flat dungeon , weres the animation of grass and npc animals in the world while there is in the tutorial, why does the game lack open world, why game play is constantly repetive, why maps and worlds are just random spams of dungeons, weres the lore, weres the action, weres the fun, why world are just random generation of dungons instead of being a actual world that has its unique npcs that gives quest and sell things and buys. Why the worlds are dead and their nothing exept enemies and dungeons, what reason does the tiny story on totorial has to do with the rest of the game, who is dotms parents, wheres there is an actual war happening between the two sides, and etc....

The game has billions of thing missing and the ones the have are half assed works (tbh) the oly thing keept trion recieving money from trove were players since trove is majorly by players: costumes, class ideas, blocks, weapon styles, mounts , dragons, npcs ideas, dungeons, and etc if there is somthing that all players deserve for there constant suppor in even wasting their time in this game, is that there given better quallity of it like any rpg does.

Because they're running on an extremely old engine that cant do any of that without crashing the game non stop. We all want trove to be this game but sadly itll never be that.

It's going to be what it is now til it dies which is p2w an or grinding, it's going to keep trying to make as much money as it can until its ends. They'll have to make a trove 2 to rehual everything but in the long run itll cost more than what they think trove would make them.

Banned
    Thing is trove is broken atm as a rpg.
    Trion has handed everything to the players. Everyone has the same build, same costumes, same everything.
    The development of this game was very lazy in the past. They made one road for everyone to travel.

1st thing is to make the game harder by adding content so hard you need a tank/healer/dps ans support....
    if one part of the game gets that hard.... you can build around it.

One thing I can tell you with certainty over the years is that it's always the same argument, and in this exact order:

"This game is so boring, its too easy. Theres nothing to do"
    -- update happens
    "I didn't get everything on day 1 so the update is too hard, make it easier"
    -- update is made easier

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Trove community is like kids always ask for more than they want to chew.
    Example 1:
    _ Game needs more mechanics!
    _ Added Dreadnaught with nuke mechanic.
    _ It one-shotted me!!! Reeeee.

Example 2:
    _ Added flamotron with shield mechanic.
    _ This red monkey is broken!!! Reeeee.

Example 3:
    _ Added Geode caves with brand new mining/traverse mechanics.
    _ But my lasermancy and my mount!!! Reeeee.

I have not been around as long as some of you have, but I have noticed this same pattern as well.

New Year's quest: I finished this quest line in 15 minutes, it's garbage for being so short.
    St. Qubeslike quest: It took me 6 hours to do this quest, it's garbage for taking so long.

"This quest gives garbage rewards."
    *players ask for for more ways to get time gated materials*
    *Devs make all the rewards for the next quest those tie gated materials*
    "This quest gives garbage rewards."

P.S. Luxion doesn't have "garbage" every time either, you just have everything in the game already.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    One thing I can tell you with certainty over the years is that it's always the same argument, and in this exact order:

-- update happens
    "I didn't get everything on day 1 so the update is too hard, make it easier"
    -- update is made easier
    But they're right.
    Farming over and over only to get 1 or 2 statted gems while dust filled your inventory wasn't really good. Albeit at least it was new content.
    Farming club quests over and over was certainly not fun. There was no ganda/gem npcs remember. What I do remember however is doing a 1m flux giveaway to encourage farmers in a club with active somewhat high end players and people still couldn't be bothered donating until they found out that you can exploit the kill 300 quests and then pirrot. Heck, this was essentially the death of safetime.
    Farming rampages while some random bombs them into plasma wasn't really that fun. Neither did the credit items that made no logical sense to farm. But hey, we can defeat it by exploiting cornerstones.
    Farming geode where all you're doing is mining. Again was not fun past the quest line
    And what about 10? We were promised a completely new experience and that was the reason for the delay. Does it really feel that new?

Mantle of Power came in April 2016. Can you really say that the content since then had been good? I'd say it's a very valid argument, but not one where I'd expect change. Especially now that they seem to want to reuse existing assets more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    Trove community is like kids always ask for more than they want to chew.
    Example 1:
    _ Added Dreadnaught with nuke mechanic.
    _ It one-shotted me!!! Reeeee.

Example 2:
    _ Added flamotron with shield mechanic.
    _ This red monkey is broken!!! Reeeee.

Example 3:
    _ Added Geode caves with brand new mining/traverse mechanics.
    _ But my lasermancy and my mount!!! Reeeee.
    Ultra ST was broken on release. Normal mobs would one shot people easy and dreadnought had an insane amount of hp that was nerfed. The nuke mechanic was fine, but the lasers are absolute BS that will one shot anyone. The mechanic is to have one decent person tanking and then you don't have to worry. People at the same time said there should be hard content, but then you look at st chat and people are asking for 25k pr for 10k content. If you have decent gear yourself then you shouldn't need a high geared team to carry you and helping out those that need the gear most shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm surprised that newbies aren't completely put off.

Flameotron was also BS. Is it really hard to understand that a game that entourages use of easymode invulnerability is not good game design. Heck damage itself is terribly made, people long relied on potions for their main source of damage, and now we have crits that are no longer crits because you're constantly guarenteed to crit.

As for geode, literally any game focused on resource gathering is purely better. People were also worried that all of their work would equate to nothing for future content. I'm sorry, but it;s not even an opinion that the mechanics are not well made. If you like playing, then fine I guess. But to act like there's no room for improvement is absurd to the highest degree.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    But they're right.
    Ultra ST was broken on release. Normal mobs would one shot people easy and dreadnought had an insane amount of hp that was nerfed. The nuke mechanic was fine, but the lasers are absolute BS that will one shot anyone. The mechanic is to have one decent person tanking and then you don't have to worry. People at the same time said there should be hard content, but then you look at st chat and people are asking for 25k pr for 10k content. If you have decent gear yourself then you shouldn't need a high geared team to carry you and helping out those that need the gear most shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm surprised that newbies aren't completely put off.

Flameotron was also BS. Is it really hard to understand that a game that entourages use of easymode invulnerability is not good game design. Heck damage itself is terribly made, people long relied on potions for their main source of damage, and now we have crits that are no longer crits because you're constantly guarenteed to crit.

As for geode, literally any game focused on resource gathering is purely better. People were also worried that all of their work would equate to nothing for future content. I'm sorry, but it;s not even an opinion that the mechanics are not well made. If you like playing, then fine I guess. But to act like there's no room for improvement is absurd to the highest degree.
    "Ultra ST was broken on release" Are you talking about when they buffed ST overall with Heroes Update? Then I agree that they somewhat overtuned it. However, it was still doable, people just complained because they could not longer 1 shot everything in a "supposed to be harder and group" content. About laser, which is a mechanic to anti-range DPS in DD. How to deal with it? The simplest way is getting in melee range, DD will stop laser you. Pretty simple. Or you can have some decent hp to survive the laser and have others/tank get the aggro away from you.

I find it is funny that the same people who advocates for "max health on gems is bad" are also the ones complain about being 1 shotted by anything. You decided to be glass-cannon then complaining about being glass. That is the real BS mentality happens only in Trove. In other MMOs, there are gears, and even HP check in harder contents. You do not have xyz hp or gears? Get out of here, simply as that.

The flamotron event quest description literally asked players to use enchanted snowballs to lower the shield. It was that simple if you spend a few seconds to read the event. I am not sure what crit has anything to do with flamotron shield.

Did I say there is no room for improvement? No, nothing is perfect and there are alot of things needed to improve in Trove. However, what I want to point out is the absurdity of the mentality of asking for more complexity but refusing to learn/adapt to them afterward, which happens too frequently in Trove.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    "Ultra ST was broken on release" Are you talking about when they buffed ST overall with Heroes Update? Then I agree that they somewhat overtuned it. However, it was still doable, people just complained because they could not longer 1 shot everything in a "supposed to be harder and group" content. About laser, which is a mechanic to anti-range DPS in DD. How to deal with it? The simplest way is getting in melee range, DD will stop laser you. Pretty simple. Or you can have some decent hp to survive the laser and have others/tank get the aggro away from you.

I find it is funny that the same people who advocates for "max health on gems is bad" are also the ones complain about being 1 shotted by anything. You decided to be glass-cannon then complaining about being glass. That is the real BS mentality happens only in Trove. In other MMOs, there are gears, and even HP check in harder contents. You do not have xyz hp or gears? Get out of here, simply as that.

The flamotron event quest description literally asked players to use enchanted snowballs to lower the shield. It was that simple if you spend a few seconds to read the event. I am not sure what crit has anything to do with flamotron shield.

Did I say there is no room for improvement? No, nothing is perfect and there are alot of things needed to improve in Trove. However, what I want to point out is the absurdity of the mentality of asking for more complexity but refusing to learn/adapt to them afterward, which happens too frequently in Trove.
    At the time I actually had a fair amount of HP on my gems since this was before augments and chaos sparks. Still didn't matter. One shot from DD laser still proc'd the low hp anti death feature. The duration of the fight and the low skill of randoms at the time made it a questionable choice to run the dungeon for such a poor reward. If they released a new difficulty with new rewards, that would be more understandable, otherwise it was a pain and a bore. You say people need to adapt, but there is no adapting. That's the point. Hp builds flat out don't work, even as a rev you're better off going dps. Other games at least have other builds to play around with at least for fun. What we have here is damage, other damage, more damage, stat required to do damage for new content and of course lasermancy and the barely functional health regen. We've also had 1 somewhat interesting ally since MoP, and 1 more since adding butterflies before that. How did people deal with ST bosses when it got too much? They exploited corners in the room. Awesome mechanics. Of course now people have way more stats to not care about anything now and have largely forgotten the issues people had with low geared groups. Trion's idea of making stuff harder is insta kills, people's counters involved death defying and/or unyielding. Hardly inspiring mechanics... However even if they did add better mechanics, you still have the problem of abysmal server latency. The racing challenge is a clear indicator of this for something pretty simple. Rubber banding and rings that don't count when you pass through.

Still the ST updates were only a small part of what I found uninspiring.

+ Reply to Thread