+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chat Channel Numbers

Chat Channel Numbers

Ps4 chatting needs fixing. One of my chats is c1
    Hopefully this issue is resolved soon

2.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #2
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscool05PS4 View Post
    Ps4 chatting needs fixing. One of my chats is c1
    Hopefully this issue is resolved soon
    This is a bug we're tracking, but haven't yet found a way to reproduce it internally. Until we can find a way to consistently reproduce it, it's tough to find the fix that prevents it in all cases.

While we'll keep digging into it, there is a workaround that we acknowledge isn't very convenient. You can access your Club UI to move channel up a slot. Probably not a great solution for someone with a chat on 1752, but just throwing that info out there for informational purposes.

I am very sorry you've run into this.

In the meantime, could a fix be implemented to set the chat number? A command such as set chat 35435 to chat 4. Or make it so that leaving the chat and rejoining resets the numbering. I currently have multiple chats that are bugged in this way and the move club up is broken as well. I guess it didn't like me moving it over 1000 times trying to fix it.

I've been struggling with the same issue for at least six months. At one point with one of the updates it seemed to be shortly fixed but then occurred again quite soon after. My impression is that it happens after a certain login crash (one of the repeated multiple login crashes, i.e. when you crash just after the welcome window shows up without being able to do anything and then this happens 2 or 3 times in a row) when you are supposed to spawn in the club world that then gets affected by this high chat channel number.

5.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #5
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Animo View Post
    In the meantime, could a fix be implemented to set the chat number? A command such as set chat 35435 to chat 4. Or make it so that leaving the chat and rejoining resets the numbering. I currently have multiple chats that are bugged in this way and the move club up is broken as well. I guess it didn't like me moving it over 1000 times trying to fix it.
    That's not simple tech, unfortunately. Things that seem very easy, or distinct, are often complex and intricately enmeshed. That is definitely the case with editing chat tech because it interacts with multiple systems.

I had this issue to.
    had 1,2,3000,7000

one day I had one of those crashes that basically punches your ps4 in the face and you think trove has finally killed your ps4.
    logging back in I noticed my QC were gone but my chat channels were 1 2 3 4 etc. for the first time.

have you tired uninstalling, reset game data and logging in?

I had this issue repeat yesterday with an alt account. This time I was able to see several unexpected stages of the bug.
    It happened when a new member joined my primary club. I "teleported" (using club member list) to the new member just within 1 minute after he joined the club. At that time the club member list still showed his power rank as 0, so the list wasn't fully updated.
    Immediately after joining the world of the new member I received the message that my club channel number has changed from c1 to c8. Also my primary club that was on c1 chat channel number wasn't my primary club anymore, i.e. I didn't have a primary club anymore (on club screen I see the message that I need to set a primary club now). Also worth mentioning is that when I joined the world of the new member I did not spawn next to him, but as happens quite often I appeared at the respawn point of the world he was in. I had to do the join member action one more time to actually join him.

After a minute or two I was able to set my primary club again as it was before and have it with chat channel c1. But the game didn't allow me to immediately do this with the first try, but just after a minute or two. Perhaps also worth mentioning is that I had only 4 clubs out of the max 5 on this account.
    I hope this can help in replicating the issue and finally fixing it.

Still an issue sadly...

Joined a club today with a number of c10949. All my friends have the same problem with different numbers but the numbers are pretty random.

M thumb is going to be tired after this one

It is on PC (Glyph), too. One of my clubs is over 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    This is a bug we're tracking, but haven't yet found a way to reproduce it internally.
    Necro'ing this thread because it deserves a bump. Has there been any progress on fixing this? This is something that happens every time I (and many, if not all others) join a club on PS4. I made a vault world today and got reminded that this bug is still around when it gave my vault a channel number over 15000.

+ Reply to Thread