+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Suggestions] Trove 2019

Post [Suggestions] Trove 2019

Greetings over there,

been here since Beta times and so I have got some more suggestions to improve Trove, still. After Trove's takeover, maybe there is a possibility that suggestions of players will be accepted and realized in near future.

1)
    Craftable Geode Blocks and Terraforming Tools for Club Worlds.

2)
    Cornerstones bigger than 16x16 cells, 24x24 (+50%) or bigger would be finally awesome. These 16x16 are just too tight, even when building them widely open. I have no claustrophobia, but staying and moving inside some Cornerstones makes me feel like that.

3)
    There is water and choco to be placed in Cornerstones. What about Lava, Plasma, Acid and Balefire. Yes, those can be used to grief especially within the Hub when players build up their Cornerstones next to each other. So a solution will be placeable pots (2x2x1 / 3x3x1) of all liquids which include these various dangerous ones. So there is no "escaping" liquid to grief around by purpose. Or simply add this feature that those dangerous liquids don't harm within the Hub in general.

4)
    Cross-platform gaming between Console and PC gamers to fill up servers. Trove looks and feels so empty except on mondays within the Shadow Tower. Especially the Hub and being within biomes feels pretty empty. Speaking about European servers atm.

I think such a merge won't be a problem, will it? Trove isn't such a complex and competitive game in where PC players have got advantages over Console players. There are other actual and popular games out there which support cross-platform gaming. Even competitively.

5)
    Existing informations show that Gardening gets a revamp, kinda. I think it is time to finally add a "hunger & hunting" system. Adding different Cooking & Preparing Tables to craft and cook various meals and potions for different buffs and de-buffs, group buffs and de-buffs. Receipes can be acquired by various examples:

Defeating Mobs (?), Mini-Bosses (?), Dragons (?), within Shadow Tower and their Bosses, new Receipe Dungeons, Seasonal Events, etc...

It would be amazing and pretty to see more "crops & liquids" and stuff within different biomes to collect those for food and potions. Especially hunting mobs [!] with a variety of hunting and harvesting tools, similar and compared to fishing rods. Cooking with seafood and seaweed btw, yummy...

This will also add more beauty into biomes as well as keeps biomes populated. It should not be possible to manually grow up these primary cooking crops and stuff in Cornerstones and Clubworlds just like Bleached Bones for example, or should they? Maybe advanced crafted crops. Finished dishes and potions as well as crops should be tradeable, too. No?

Oh, and hunger should only apply while adventuring and entering biomes. Being save within Hub/Outpost/Shadow Tower Lobby and Clubworld (?) should not apply this. Buff & De-buff dishes and potions can be used though of course, especially inside the Shadow Tower. Additionally more complex meals will replenish/fill up more the hunger bar than snacks and potions will do. Well, depends on complexity.

So, what do you think about these suggestions? More might be added.
    BEST REGARDS
    N3

MY REFERRAL CODE : H9ZD6DWRNQWKJTTM3XPN

!!! OUTDATED !!!

1) As a builder: Agree completely. Moreover I think it would be cool to have Geode Caves as well.

2) Agree with this as well, as again, am builder. I've made 4 cornerstones that I am really proud of but when I was designing them I really had to restrict myself. Having them be a bit bigger would be awesome. But, to be completely honest with Geode topside.... I dont use them much anymore, so a suggestion I would have would be to add CornerStones to Topside, like place a few around the outposts so its like we as Trovians are setting up a forward base or something.

3) More building options are always good.

4)this would be nice, but its not as easy as you think it is. On PC updates can be rolled out right away, but on console they need to go thru an approval process, and the length of it is different for each platform. PC has already suffered slower updates because of consoles so for me personally, I hope this never happens.

5) If hunger and survival were ever added to Trove I'd leave immediately. It would be nice to expand on some systems, but Trove is not a survival game, its an ARPG. And if the clover event is any indication of the new gardening system: ... I hate it.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

Quote Originally Posted by VoltStar View Post
    [...]

2) [...] But, to be completely honest with Geode topside.... I dont use them much anymore, so a suggestion I would have would be to add CornerStones to Topside, like place a few around the outposts so its like we as Trovians are setting up a forward base or something.

[...]
    Ah, right. I forgot to mention this.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltStar View Post
    [...]

5) [...] if the clover event is any indication of the new gardening system: ... I hate it.
    I didn't like this Clover Event, too.
    BEST REGARDS
    N3

MY REFERRAL CODE : H9ZD6DWRNQWKJTTM3XPN

!!! OUTDATED !!!

I'd like to see a revamp of the sub-class system, to make it more impactful and meaningful. Being able to differentiate your class based on it's sub-class would be awesome. Sort of like how Rift allowed you to mix and match your character's class based on what you wanted. An example could be a Shadow Hunter that sub-class'd into Gunslinger could shoot arrows faster, have more base jumps, and have exploding arrows that pierced enemies. Or they could sub-class into Candy Barb and have their arrows heal and buff themselves and nearby allies with movement/attack speed increases while sometimes summoning shadowy candy minions for extra damage or crowd control.

I'd also like to see Biome challenges changed a little. Mostly by making the biome needing to be completed for the challenge randomized for each person (just like the bonus classes are), so that one biome isn't demolished entirely, and groups are forced to split up a bit. Also, making random boss mobs count for the challenge would be neat.

Ultra crits would be cool; say if you have a 105% crit chance, you'd have that 5% chance to do an Ultra crit. This would be 200% of the damage of a normal hit (like how a crit is 100% extra dmg). Or I'd settle for allowing crits to effect some mobs that only take 1 dmg per hit. Crits should deal a whopping 2 dmg per hit, compared to just 1 dmg for a normal hit. To make up for this, increase the health of these special mobs by say...25-50% to take the extra chances of a crit into account.
    Shut up Douglas!

+ Reply to Thread