+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Binding Darkness Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    That's part of the feedback/request sent to the team. No idea if it will happen, but we're investigating several options.
    thank you very much, have a great day !

Honestly if its going to be a tome, one that gives contained chaos sparks would be better than the binding darkness. Also, while the drop rate is low, if you look at the people that have binding darkness, they are usually the ones that consistently are on the leader board for world bosses killed. While the low drop rate is frustrating at times, it can be managed through selective farming.

message was posted twice

Since BD were added to the game there is a problem with them (at least for some people).

Trove Wiki:
    This item can be obtained as a common/uncommon drop from Gem Booster Boxes and/or a rare drop from world bosses in Adventure Worlds.
    Confirmed by Fasti:
    I've called out the concern over the drop rate to the team. Just keep in mind that Binding Darkness are best found in Adventure worlds. Farming Shadow Towers for them may be skewing your results.
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...l=1#post799848

But from my experience and what people says that's not really correct. They also drop from ST.

You can see many people saying they have enough or too much.

Just for example:

Until last week, I did need rerolls, and I had plenty of binding darkness... so i can craft 225 rerolls with them.
    He had posted image that he has 901 BD.
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...ist-quot/page4

I don't have extra chaos cores. But I sure have a LOT of binding darkness I'll never use. They're far too common.
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...nding+Darkness
    Thread called "A sink for chaos cores and binding darkness"

Lmao i got like 2k binding darkness from hard shadow tower
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...ist-quot/page2

I wanted to get some numbers but that's the only post I found:

This week I've farmed more than my fair share of STs, and by doing them in in Ultra, I got approximately 20 in 90 keys. In hard mode, in 38 keys, I've got well over 100.
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...nding+Darkness

Today I farmed 50 ST hard DD (I also do it for badge). So it's 400 mini-bosses. I got 24 BD.

Average time for 1 ST is 4-5min with taking into account:
    - every 2-3 you need to stop at loot collector.
    - the long time it takes to change world and many time you have to wait until world is fully loaded before you can move.
    - many times I got "lost connection" (sometime not for 1 hour and sometime at every world change).

By playing normally the game (everyday but not farming for hours every days) i got maybe 3 BD/ month and i kill all mini-bosses I see in Adventure worlds and Geode Top-side.

Couple weeks ago I bought gem booster boxes for 100k clubits (200). I got only about 15 BD.

So I don't think this drop rate was intended.

Fasti:
    It is possible for us to see the rate at which items drop and that is set where we want it for Binding Darkness. These items are intended to be rare and are used in one very specific situation: crafting Contained Chaos Sparks. We don't want to flood the game with them, so we keep them pretty scarce.
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...ss-Truth/page3

The drop rate is set where you want it???

I see only 2 solutions either you're lying or you don't have tools to see these numbers.
    I think it's a mix of both. You can just see a part of the drop rate but you cannot see the average drop by players and by mini-bosses killed.

There is no doubt the drop rate is unfair within the player base.

If you would like to be honest you can provide approximately the drop rate you want. At least we can check if there is a problem.

Over the time what have you done?
    We'll keep an eye on things to see if changes are needed.
    Nothing! Oh no better you plan to reduce the drop rate =>
    Fixed an issue that could cause one specific Uber level in Shadow Towers to drop 3 Binding Darkness instead of 1.
    Many people wrote about idea like Tome and many other. But your main concern should be that the drop rate is fair for all.

Now it's seems clear that you're unable to see the problem. So please just don't do what you're planning with next update in PTS and solve definitively the problem in the next update.

There is a simple solution: each mini-boss drop a Binding Darkness fragment and you set a number of these fragments required to craft BD in Adventurer's bench. This way it's fair within the player base and you have a total control over the distribution.

Edit:
    With taking into account that it should not be the same amount of fragments for each uber level.

I forget this:
    Binding Darkness can now drop from all monsters roaming in the Shadow Tower, not just the monsters with affixes. It still does not drop from monsters spawned from cursed skulls or from monsters spawned by other monsters.
    It still doesn't solve the problem that the distribution is unfair within the player base.

Binding Darkness COntinued

Me again. Right. 0 BD in 10 runs with the most mobs. That's broken. HOWEVER the thing that I want you to change is nt the drop %. In the last month, with intense grinding and using all boosters, I have used 10 chaos sparkes to go from ch to pd. I have gone from CH TO MH TO MH TO MH TO MD TO CH TO MH TO CH TO ME TO MH TO CH.

Change this. Literally stop ignoring us. This style of gaming and rng makes people hate gaming. STOP MAKING PEOPLE HATE GAMING

ALLOW US TO PICK WHAT STAT WE SWITCH TO

I strongly agree with chaos sparks problem, but can't understand about binding darkness one.

You must have not played this game when there was no chaos sparks, no gem augments and gems could have HR in them and also come with only 1 stat, also gem boxes had no karma and you couldn't craft empowered gem boxes and you could only get 6 lunar souls per week, we were stuck with radiant empowered gems for awhile becaue of being unlucky with getting stellar empowered gems, and we would even use 1 stat empowered stellar gems, we didn't get gem level up boosters for free(there was no weekly contests) there was no easy way to get those boosters easily didn't even had jade clover tome for awhile, gems could break, leveling gems was much harder, you couldn't craft DDE back then as well, there was no gem fixture, while leveling gems the bonus stat boost at 5/10/15 could be a lot lower than what currently is, you couldn't change the stat boost from 1 stat to another. I probably have missed a few more things

And you are saying they are ignoring us?

Why do you rely so much on chaos sparks? Farm more gems with the right stats and only use chaos sparks on empowered gems. (on another note I hope you are not trying to put PD on Arcane gem)

The game has became very easy to get strong fast. They have done more than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    You must have not played this game when there was no chaos sparks, no gem augments and gems could have HR in them and also come with only 1 stat, also gem boxes had no karma and you couldn't craft empowered gem boxes and you could only get 6 lunar souls per week, we were stuck with radiant empowered gems for awhile becaue of being unlucky with getting stellar empowered gems, and we would even use 1 stat empowered stellar gems, we didn't get gem level up boosters for free(there was no weekly contests) there was no easy way to get those boosters easily didn't even had jade clover tome for awhile, gems could break, leveling gems was much harder, you couldn't craft DDE back then as well, there was no gem fixture, while leveling gems the bonus stat boost at 5/10/15 could be a lot lower than what currently is, you couldn't change the stat boost from 1 stat to another. I probably have missed a few more things

And you are saying they are ignoring us?

Why do you rely so much on chaos sparks? Farm more gems with the right stats and only use chaos sparks on empowered gems. (on another note I hope you are not trying to put PD on Arcane gem)

The game has became very easy to get strong fast. They have done more than you think.
    Oh how quickly you assume. I used over 100 class gme keys on SH back in the day trying to get a perfect gem and it never happened. RNG is a fickle ho. Binding Darkness it is known to be broken in this game. No argument against it. Some had thousands, others (like me) would do 50 ST runs and get 5.

The Chaos Sparks need to be changed, because as hard as it is to get binding darkness, you are only farming for a chance to get the right stat. I have used 10 chaos sparks to try and get PD (not arcane) and have just done the fun bouncing between literally every other one.

And yes, they are ignoring us. Their little move "fixing" when some would give 3 on accident, when not increasing the drop rates almost at all.....They are completely and totally unaware of trove gameplay for more than an hour.

9.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #39
    Senior Community Manager
    The more concise and rational your feedback, the more likely we will be to take action to implement it.

The more aggressive and dismissive the post, the less likely we are to implement your vision.

Please keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Animo View Post
    Honestly if its going to be a tome, one that gives contained chaos sparks would be better than the binding darkness. Also, while the drop rate is low, if you look at the people that have binding darkness, they are usually the ones that consistently are on the leader board for world bosses killed. While the low drop rate is frustrating at times, it can be managed through selective farming.
    I'm sorry, but my Trove experience does not hold with that statement. I am on the leader board for world bosses killed, and I only have a handfull of BD to show for it in the last few months. I am killing all of the world bosses that I see while searching for that next 5* dungeon. I was amazed when I actually got a BD drop (singular here) while doing my regular ST Ultra runs last Monday.

I would agree that a tome for sparks instead of BD's would help the BD problem.

+ Reply to Thread