+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: St. Patrick's day Questing

I have a question for everyone, why was our current gardening system reworked anyways?

While many are complaining about the new system preview, honestly it seems fine. Three days is plenty of time to toss a glorified confetti ball on a plant 6 times. If you log on and play for 61 minutes a day over a 3 day period you can easily complete this. Sure the gardening system will not be for everyone. I'm sure many people (myself included) will use this for whatever mastery can be gleaned and then drop it; unless the new system generates some continuously useful or rare reward that can be traded, there is very little incentive to keep tending the plants.

I think this is (mostly) fine. I think people complaining that it "takes too long" are perhaps comparing it to other event quests, where they can race through each piece and farm out 8/8 of a quest in an hour or so. But this mechanic isn't about the quest, it's about a change to an in-game profession. I don't hear anyone complaining about the current gardening system, even though that takes a long time between planting and harvesting as well. But you don't really count the "waiting" time. After planting, you don't stand there and stare at the seedlings waiting for them to grow, you go hit dungeons or whatever, and at some point you go back to harvest.

This is basically the same thing, with the one small change that you need to check in once in a while and care for them. The extra effort should yield extra rewards, and I'm suspending judgement on the value of the effort until we see exactly what we will be able to farm in the future. If we can get BD, or time gated items, or possibly geode ores for people that don't like cave mining, I think people will be happy with the option to farm them, while the current MF reward is not a huge motivator.

One criticism I have is the care time vs. wither time ratio. Casual players who may only have an hour a day or so to play may not be able to fully care for a plant before it withers, especially if something happens that they can't log in a particular day. If you are concerned about balance (i.e. a player who can be on 6 hrs per day getting many more harvests out of a plant before needing a new seed), maybe you can have it wither in either 6 days or wither after being harvested 5 times.

I had no issues with the event, as it was an event. You have plenty of time to do it, no hurry. However, this was said to be a preview of the gardening 2.0 system so it comes with expectations. A critical eye will see potential problems if this is implemented in the exact same way. Keeping it simple, my main issue will be the rewards we get from doing this...which will determine whether its worth it or not.

If I spend 6 hours and tend to a plant and get 5 binding darkness...might be worth it. If I have to waste 6 hours babysitting a plant only to get 1 binding darkness? Nope.

Find the balance, make it worth it. Respect our time and keep it fun.

I really hope that we wont get plants that gives useles items. Really. Plants that gives us lures? No, thanks. Plants that gives us Pearls? Nope. Plants that give us Glim? Nope.

I hope for more usefull items, not a copy-paste of Legendary Geode Tomes that still aren't fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
    I had no issues with the event, as it was an event. You have plenty of time to do it, no hurry. However, this was said to be a preview of the gardening 2.0 system so it comes with expectations. A critical eye will see potential problems if this is implemented in the exact same way. Keeping it simple, my main issue will be the rewards we get from doing this...which will determine whether its worth it or not.

If I spend 6 hours and tend to a plant and get 5 binding darkness...might be worth it. If I have to waste 6 hours babysitting a plant only to get 1 binding darkness? Nope.

Find the balance, make it worth it. Respect our time and keep it fun.

The part that was said long time ago last year.
    There are "tiers"
    Meaning the higher tiers would probably benefit more but at what cost?

If this was 6 hours for 1 +50 MF.

Is that 18 hours for 1 BD?

Is that 36 hours for 1 Lunar soul?

It's more of If we plant it, we should be rewarded regardless if we use these "items" to make it go faster or not.

Then remove the withering effect so that if you want to spend "real" money to speed up the time by 50% then go for it, or wait until the full completion of it and still get rewarded the same amount.

"luck" or "Fertilizer" shouldn't be needed every hour.

Withering should definitely only happen while online. Pretty crappy to login to find your stuff jsut gone with a few boosts on it since life took priority. Could make the plants pay out if they were maxed, but not harvested OR have them return the stars based on the boosts.

8.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #68
    Senior Community Manager
    Changes to Gardening are already being planned based on feedback. No specific details to share just yet, but we do appreciate the input from all of you. As we get closer you're definitely going to get the system on PTS for testing as well.

OK so far I see how things could get overlooked. That or accidentally go wrong. Feel free to add ways things can go wrong to this list or how assumptions can ruin this plant system/quest.
    1. When the plant is first placed the hour timer starts to be able to start using. If don't hover over the plant to read to see its on cooldown, could end up wasting a lucky star.
    2. It has a AOE on stars so a bit can be wasted if planted less than the 9x9 area it covers
    3. Some people tend to use laser to get plants rather than attack, more so if the class(s) they have don't have much of a fast aoe they can use to gather and ruin the 6/8 quest.
    4. By time its 5/5 it can be assumed its done due to max number achieved so maybe should had it included under the bar of luck a harvest progress meter like 5/6 when got all imbued done. Another option could be a % till harvest that way its less chance assumed its finished before it actually can be harvested.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

+ Reply to Thread