+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: St. Patrick's day Questing

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    more please and do not dumb it down make it complicated and hard..
    It would be nice to have something really complicated in game. Gardening would be a good area for this as it's not required for gameplay. Normies and weekend warriors can just buy what they need as usual. Give the devoted fans something complex to play with please.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    It would be nice to have something really complicated in game. Gardening would be a good area for this as it's not required for gameplay. Normies and weekend warriors can just buy what they need as usual. Give the devoted fans something complex to play with please.

Not required for gameplay?
    Gardening now is kinda required in some sense because you have to get materials to craft things.
    Yes current system does have it tradeable.
    If the things are not tradeable then guess what.
    You have to actually do them.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    stuff
    I didn't say luck speeds it up, but it is needed for the quest line and to harvest. The time also resets each trove hour like challenges. For gardening I think this system makes sense. Plants should need attention and care. I have no interest in such a system myself, but for those who do care about gardening then I think it's a fitting system. Similarly I don't like going back to club worlds to pick up the same quest for adventuring, or mining ores or crystals in geode, completing rampages open world is a pita. There are lots of things that are a pain. The thing is, that trion is kind of consistent in the content they produce.

4.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #34
    Senior Community Manager
    Just chiming in to let you all know that the team is reading the feedback and we're taking your concerns into account. Please keep the productive feedback coming!

My feed back is the same as a lot of people’s. The event rewards were very lackluster but it was easy to get so whatever.

The gardening part sucked. Plants withering is not good and just makes me feel like why bother since my plant will probably die if I don’t log in for a few days. The current plant I’m just doing for the quest and won’t bother with it again. It’s too much time invested for a useless reward. I want investment to equal reward and this fails.

I hate the idea of needing to care for a plant every hour. If you want to have it require more materials let me add them all at once and just wait for the plant to grow instead of remembering to care for it every hour. If it’s a great reward maybe make us care for it once a day but not every hour. Also the description says wait for sometime to harvest or add a star. I chose to harvest at 3/5 stars filled and got nothing. Didn’t even get the seed back.

First I wanna say I am disappointed in the quest line rewards compared to past events where we got a mastery item.

About the gardening system I want to give the feedback that I like it. I spend a lot of time on trove so that means I will care for my plants more and get more rewards. I know everyone likes to get upset over timegates and maybe online multiplayers aren’t much for everyone. If you spend more time in them than others you should unlock better access to items over those who play less. Regardless of what reasons cause this. I just would like to see them not die so we can build pretty gardens. Maybe increse the number of luck (if it will always be called that?) so we need longer than you intended to harvest but can keep the plant for decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by TomNoble View Post
    fourth: if we throw the Lucky Star to an not ready garden, we lose it.
    Should work like the sponges, it turns back to you.
    Already done this and screwed over the quest. I'll be forever stuck at stage 5/8 of the St. Qubeslick quest...

EDIT: nvm, apparently you can get lucky dust from dungeons.....

Quote Originally Posted by LupusDominus View Post
    About the gardening system I want to give the feedback that I like it. I spend a lot of time on trove so that means I will care for my plants more and get more rewards. I know everyone likes to get upset over timegates and maybe online multiplayers aren’t much for everyone. If you spend more time in them than others you should unlock better access to items over those who play less. Regardless of what reasons cause this. I just would like to see them not die so we can build pretty gardens. Maybe increse the number of luck (if it will always be called that?) so we need longer than you intended to harvest but can keep the plant for decoration.

Now I disagree with this.
    Why should you punish people who can only play 1-2 hours a day because they have lives outside of a game than others who play 5-6 or 7-8 hours a day?
    Time gated is one thing that hurts games so much.
    Now if it was something where the only thing you had to do is wait and maybe tend to it once a day (Than once an hour) then I wouldn't be bothered with this, and the whole withering thing shouldn't even be in the game. Can harvest it or put a new "Decoration" block of a plant pot and display them.

But punishing players who play less than you do isn't good either.

When I first heard that gardening was getting an update many months ago, I was excited. Then, when they posted a teaser of some of the plants they were adding, I was even more excited. The plants looked really cool, and I couldn't wait to expand my greenhouse to show off all the different ones. This event has honestly crushed some of my dreams for what I could do with the plants. I'm also very interested in how the gardening allies/buddys will work!

My personal thoughts on this gardening update:

- First off, as a builder, I love decorations, and detail design is my specialty and passion. When I saw the plants in the teaser, I got so many ideas for projects that could include them. However, knowing that the new non-deco/resource plants are going to wither without care instantly obliterated the idea of expanding the greenhouse to display ALL the plants. It also ruins the idea of using the resource/tome plants decoratively. (I do hope that the new deco plants don't require the same level of intensive care as the resource ones.)
    - I like the care aspect where you have to check in every now and then, but the wither system really puts an unnecessary sense of urgency and stress into an otherwise casual game. I mean, the geode eggs don't spoil, or hatch and run away if you don't pick them up from the incubator. It just feels really odd to have one part of the game require more micro-managing and planning than the rest of the game itself. And the plants, of all things. Like someone else mentioned, there's other games out there for that specific genre if people want it.

What could be done to improve it:
    1) Remove or change withering. I understand WHY they added it, it makes sense that you'd have to plan ahead and harvest accordingly, but the plants shouldn't be able to die if you're not even there to save them. You could change it to where the wither timer only counts down when you're logged in, much like the exp potions. Or there should be an item that lets you revive withered plants.

2) Giving care to the plants shouldn't be required for them to grow. They should still grow and yield without it, but at a much slower rate and perhaps give less rewards than one that had been fertilized/watered/whatever. I don't want to micro-manage my plants in a game based around combat, unless one of them is a secret carnivorous plant boss or something.

3) Perhaps add an item, like Soil Salts or something, that lets you irreversibly halt/freeze a plant's growth progress. This way resource plants can't be harvested, but they can be used as decoration instead.
    4) If most plants are still going to require sunlight, PLEASE add a sun-lamp block! (drilling holes from the surface down to underground locations was not fun)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    Yes, Yes you do.
    Making it a total of 6 hours just to do 1 quest.
    ....and 6000 flux. Sorriest flux sink i've ever seen.
    could've at least been an ally for my 6k flux instead of a useless +50MF on the RNG graph.

also noticed that when i threw a Lucky Star at the plant, it didn't imbue it with a Luck,
    so more wasted flux/time/effort/ to try and finish that part of the quest.
    BTW, what's the "Hold button to aim" ???? That doesn't work with the R/T hotkey.
    WARNING: you also don't get your seed back if you uproot it before it's fully grown, this is contrary to current seed planting practice.

so basically thanks for nothing, i used to love the gardening aspect of Trove but if this is the direction you're going, i guess this is one more thing making me consider quiting for good.

+ Reply to Thread