+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: St. Patrick's day Questing

St. Patrick's day Questing

So I would just like to put my feedback in on this one.
    With the "preview" of gardening 2.0 I can see more issues.

First off 5 hours to complete 1 part of the questline? Time gated much...

Second, with it being able to wither makes it where if you want a "perfect" garden and you forget about it and it withers you lose all the work you had put into it. (Ex. Like if you have 4/5 luck and it withers you lose all that)

Third. Insta Growers don't work on this. So once Gardening 2.0 comes out those will become useless? I mean if we have them we should be able to use them on it.

I think if you lose the withering effect and have Insta-growers be affected by them, (But not to the point where it yields more) then I can see this being more enjoyable.

Edit: 6 hours for 1 clover for a MF of +50 for 1 hour?
    Plus a Golden Chaos Chest at the end?
    So total time for me to do this event was 6 hours and 7 minutes.

If this is a preview of Gardening 2.0 of where we have to spend 6 hours tending to 1 plant that can wither in 3 days? Unless there is some P2W item that makes it insta grow and not wither makes me not even want to try Gardening 2.0 ever.

Yeahhhhhh the timegate on this event is insane. My motivation to participate in this event is pretty much zero. If I wanted to check my crops every hour Id play one of those crappy FaceBook games.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

fourth: if we throw the Lucky Star to an not ready garden, we lose it.
    Should work like the sponges, it turns back to you.

The silly time gating reeks of mobile gaming and the stuff everyone complained about with Geode Caves update.

See this is the problem with stripping out the Original U10 update into 3 separate updates. Having Topside, BR2 and Gardening 2.0 as one update would have been great, lots of things to keep people playing! But separating it into 3 just feels like there will be a lot of sitting around with Gardening 2.0 waiting for stuff to grow. This event just highlights the issue with players already saying they'll just log in once an hour to throw a star at their clover and then play something else while waiting to get to stage 6 of the quest. A +50 MF (for 1 hour) potion isn't really enough to get people planting fields of these clovers, seeing as Crystal Gear has kinda killed off the need for MF. It's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brayer View Post
    The silly time gating reeks of mobile gaming and the stuff everyone complained about with Geode Caves update.

See this is the problem with stripping out the Original U10 update into 3 separate updates. Having Topside, BR2 and Gardening 2.0 as one update would have been great, lots of things to keep people playing! But separating it into 3 just feels like there will be a lot of sitting around with Gardening 2.0 waiting for stuff to grow. This event just highlights the issue with players already saying they'll just log in once an hour to throw a star at their clover and then play something else while waiting to get to stage 6 of the quest. A +50 MF (for 1 hour) potion isn't really enough to get people planting fields of these clovers, seeing as Crystal Gear has kinda killed off the need for MF. It's nonsense.

Is that the only thing you get from the clovers? if so, theres no point in messing with them outside of the questline.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltStar View Post
    Is that the only thing you get from the clovers? if so, theres no point in messing with them outside of the questline.

Nope.
    It's only a clover. 1 Clover = 1 hour of +50 MF.

Then to add.
    The final quest item is a GCC.
    No mount what so ever.
    No ally.
    Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    Nope.

Then to add.
    No mount what so ever.
    No ally.
    Nothing.

Thats horrendously bad....... wow

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti
    Clovers that are imbued with enough luck with grow into Lucky Clovers; a new consumable item that boosts Magic Find by 50 for 1 hour.
    Yup, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    Nope.

Then to add.
    No mount what so ever.
    No ally.
    Nothing.
    This event is the fruit of lazy developers. No new items as event rewards. The lack of insta-growers being able to reset the maturation time-gate is disgusting. I guess we'll just have to wait for the ally plant and tome plants to determine if the rework is beneficial to players.

I hope not all plant/growth reagents are non-tradeable as we need to encourage more player trading. This one in particular, Lucky dust, is excusable to be untradeable as it is readily available through normal play via dungeon completion.

But I swear, if I have to farm 100-300 *type of enemy just to make a plant that dies in 3 days, I'll totally skip it.

I don't know why people are complaining that much. It's not like you have to rush the quest or stand there doing nothing for 6 hours. You plant it and leave it. My issue is that you can harvest it and lose the seed.

+ Reply to Thread