+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Future of Trove

Future of Trove

Will Trove servers still be up 2-6 years from now on? Im really worried about the time and effort i put in the game that could disappear suddenly. Does gamigo plan to keep the game alive "forever"?

I think it's safe to say they have no intention of shutting the game down as of right now. They just put an update on PTS and have a big gardening update planned. Clearly they are investing in expanding the game. I doubt any MMO can guarantee what will happen in 2 years, let alone 6.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

All games come to an end at some point and Trove isn't as big as other games while at the some time has massive issues and content people don't really like. Yes there is an update on PTS, but it's largely for BR and a few fixes. BR is largely dead and I say that as a somewhat fan. People of course will play it for the new rewards but lets be honest, not many people liked the gem update when it first came out where it was all rng and you had mostly 1 or 2 stat gems with dust taking up inventory space, the club update wasn't that great but was made less worse because people exploited the hell out of it (remember there were no gem quests and even then the back and forth is annoying), the new neon biome was only enough to keep things fresh for like a week, geode was a pita and all 3 caves are essentially the same.

However I'm going to be honest, I'm actually surprised it's lasted so long already. There were massive issues that went unfixed for so long. Still games are mostly a distraction and can be viewed as a waste of time by itself.

. I know People with 5000+ Patron Points . Gamigo will earn enough Money with this Game trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Claussanta86 View Post
    . I know People with 5000+ Patron Points . Gamigo will earn enough Money with this Game trust me
    Why would you think this if trion went bankrupt lol

Seriously, If you have fun playing the game, why should it matter if the game is still around in 2 or 6 years? The important thing IMO is if your having fun while doing it.

MMO's by design are time wasters. You might feel some advancement in your game play and feel that you accomplished something. But in the end you really just wasted time on bits and pixels in an MMO. I call this entertainment time, and its fairly cheap to play Trove.

As long as I am have fun doing what I am doing is the important part for me. I make a choice when I go home from work as to how I am going to use my free time that night. Some nights I read a book, some nights I stream movies or TV. Most nights I Trove.

Trove is probably their main source of income so if they shut down then RIP them

why lol ? Trion went bankrupt because their other Games like Rift didnt run well. Thats a Fact. Trove was the only profitable game.

Quote Originally Posted by Claussanta86 View Post
    why lol ? Trion went bankrupt because their other Games like Rift didnt run well. Thats a Fact. Trove was the only profitable game.
    Trion did not go bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Trion did not go bankrupt.
    But someone on the internet said it was a fact!

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

+ Reply to Thread