+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: A simple request that I think everyone can agree too

A simple request that I think everyone can agree too

I have been playing this game for ages, yet one thing that people have had to ask since the beginning that always falls on deaf ears: When does my patron expire?

It seems like a relatively simple thing to track, yet we have never had the ability to see for ourselves how much time we have left before it expires, so we are left to scribble the date on a notepad and hope we remember it, and where we put that freakin' notepad....

Many players have fallen victim to the ticking patron clock running out at inconvenient moments, causing us to miss out on valuable resources, souls, etc. I know it's not a pressing matter nor is it a game changer but its the sort of quality of life improvement I think we might all like to see.

Anyway, I hope maybe we can see this change sometime soon, as my patron clock is ominously ticking currently out there in the void, waiting until I least expect it to expire.

I definitely agree

So agree.
    Its a source of aggravation the way it is on Trove. Seems like such a simple request. So basic to business.
    When I pay for membership anywhere else I can see when it expires - or I get a reminder email about the expiration date.

The reasons I think Parton is a temporary thing:

1. Trove wants your money lol
    2. Patron is basically a donation system. They want you to keep donating so you can keep your perks.

Yes, it would be better to make it a purchase forever thing, but they wouldn't make as much money and it would be way too easy for new players just to buy patron and have it forever to boost them easily.

My opinion is invalid though I've only posted like 10 things on the forums and I haven't actually spent any real-life dollars on Trove lmao

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDiamondz View Post
    The reasons I think Parton is a temporary thing:

1. Trove wants your money lol
    2. Patron is basically a donation system. They want you to keep donating so you can keep your perks.

Yes, it would be better to make it a purchase forever thing, but they wouldn't make as much money and it would be way too easy for new players just to buy patron and have it forever to boost them easily.

My opinion is invalid though I've only posted like 10 things on the forums and I haven't actually spent any real-life dollars on Trove lmao
    There is no Trove without Patron or those of us buying things.

Wat zombie is talking about is give a countdown so us patron users can see wen our patron expires to be ready 4 it so we dont run out say on monday reset run n miss out on extra 6 lunar souls

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Female zombie View Post
    I have been playing this game for ages, yet one thing that people have had to ask since the beginning that always falls on deaf ears: When does my patron expire?

It seems like a relatively simple thing to track, yet we have never had the ability to see for ourselves how much time we have left before it expires, so we are left to scribble the date on a notepad and hope we remember it, and where we put that freakin' notepad....

Many players have fallen victim to the ticking patron clock running out at inconvenient moments, causing us to miss out on valuable resources, souls, etc. I know it's not a pressing matter nor is it a game changer but its the sort of quality of life improvement I think we might all like to see.

Anyway, I hope maybe we can see this change sometime soon, as my patron clock is ominously ticking currently out there in the void, waiting until I least expect it to expire.
    Hey there,

Patron status on consoles is definitely a tricky thing. It's possible it will change in the future, but at the moment it's not possible to display that to you. The issue is that the store system that connects your Xbox One to the game is managed exclusively by Microsoft, so we don't have a way to pull details from purchases there into a real time counter to display to players. Your gamer tag can be linked to your Glyph account to allow some things, like consuming codes to unlock specific items, but that link doesn't pull store data from Microsoft and push it to us.

While it seems like an easy thing to do, at this point it's actually anything but. We recognize how important this feature is to have, so we're definitely interested in making it happen. We just don't have any estimate for when such a feature would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Hey there,

Patron status on consoles is definitely a tricky thing. It's possible it will change in the future, but at the moment it's not possible to display that to you. The issue is that the store system that connects your Xbox One to the game is managed exclusively by Microsoft, so we don't have a way to pull details from purchases there into a real time counter to display to players. Your gamer tag can be linked to your Glyph account to allow some things, like consuming codes to unlock specific items, but that link doesn't pull store data from Microsoft and push it to us.

While it seems like an easy thing to do, at this point it's actually anything but. We recognize how important this feature is to have, so we're definitely interested in making it happen. We just don't have any estimate for when such a feature would be possible.
    Thank you so much for the reply, its greatly appreciated as I understand you guys are quite busy. I never knew what a complicated process it could be to do something like this.

I only have one suggestion, is it possible to at least somehow grant us access to something such as a last purchase date, that way we have an idea of at least the last time we used such an item? It may not be a full solution, but it would help us gauge how much time we may have left.

Couldn't patron just be made into usable passes like the 30 day patron pass and just be activated in game, removing the need to connect it to the xbox store?

Not sure the solution to view a patron timer is to have a link somewhere to click that, then directs to the website page that says how much longer till it expires.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

+ Reply to Thread