+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Geode Style Stash broken..

Geode Style Stash broken..

Hello devs,
    Can u please look into Geode Style Stash recipe costs?
    I think some1 messed up with the numbers here.. U need 6100 crystalline cores to craft all 122 styles, if u would buy the cores with greater caches u need like 90k credits or lets say it in real money.. Its like 500 $ !

500 $ for a few mastery points and Styles?

And this is only the Cores, the Style Stash ofc need other materials too... Which are not that expensive but for sure it adds up.

I cant believe this is intended to be like this, so please look into this.

I made a few of these, but with how many cores it's takes I won't be making more.
    I'd like to see that 50 become a 5.

Styles should not be this costly as they are like stated above 1 mastery.

It's too late for change the cost now, take it like a very end game content and don't craft them until is the only thing you miss from geode

Whatever happened to just farming the cores? I hear your complaint, but seriously, who is actually going to buy Greater caches? I know I don't buy any of the greater caches. Especially when I can just farm the 5* dungeons like I am already doing to get C3 gear and doing my daily star bars.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the premise that you should be able to get these right away. Then next month you complain about having nothing to do in the game. Heads the Dev's loose. Tails the Dev's loose. there is no win for them.

5.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #5
    Senior Community Manager
    Geode Style Stashes are intended to be expensive, but we may revisit the cost in the future. No immediate plans to do so. We didn't want these to be items players could just farm up in a weekend, but we're open to adjustment down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    Whatever happened to just farming the cores? I hear your complaint, but seriously, who is actually going to buy Greater caches? I know I don't buy any of the greater caches. Especially when I can just farm the 5* dungeons like I am already doing to get C3 gear and doing my daily star bars.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the premise that you should be able to get these right away. Then next month you complain about having nothing to do in the game. Heads the Dev's loose. Tails the Dev's loose. there is no win for them.
    Yea, agree. It is pretty much this way with all parts of trove. The tasks are not difficult they just take time. All the sort of "end game" tasks are pretty much doing things a lot of times. Having high numbers is much better than some of the other ways devs have tried to slow down content consumption like time-gating stuff or very low probability of success RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Geode Style Stashes are intended to be expensive, but we may revisit the cost in the future. No immediate plans to do so. We didn't want these to be items players could just farm up in a weekend, but we're open to adjustment down the road.
    Thanks for your reply fasti )

Im an endgame player myself and all i need is the styles, i was just shocked when i saw the prices for it, because the rest of the content was pretty easy and cheap to get, i even have 2x full C3 sets maxed already, 1 for Gs and 1 for Nn

I remember with Geode 1 it was much harder to get all stuff overall, like u really had to grind the caves and tier5 ores and upgrade all your tools to progress, so for me it seemed more balanced.

And yes its true, u can farm the cores but lets face it, u get 1 core each 5* dungeon, if u farm like 50 a day, it would take like 4 months ?
    At least we have something to do until the next content update i guess but i rather play trove because i like to and not because i feel forced to get a few mastery points so i can finally be max mastery but its just my opinion.

Anyways, i wanna say 1 more thing, i really like and enjoy the update

I just think another means of cores would be nice like a leaderboard for maybe 5* completed a week, or Luxion should carry cores, and events rewards, also wouldn’t hurt to bring back another way of bound brilliance other then 1 rare from lesser caches

Suggestion: Don't increase the amount of cost/grinding for items without increasing the amount of reward/fun to get those items.
    IGN: Architect
    Referral Code: YNCGF39PMZK2N6HZPJCQ

The issue is actually the need for cores in other areas; to completely gear out all your characters in crystal 3 gear will cost you 18,000 cores; the allies, mounts, and tomes will cost another 1,355. Add in the 6,100 cores for the styles and you are at 25,455 cores. To buy those would be roughly $1,876. To grind those at 50 crystalline cores a day would be 1.4 years. If you completed a 5 star dungeon every 2 minutes, it would take you over 35 days (no breaks). All of this assuming you don't constantly get pearls out of the topside caches (why are those in there?).

There needs to be additional ways to obtain the cores with the current cost system (i.e. a harder shadow tower difficulty that rewards crystalline cores, some sort of Geodian Topside world event that can reward cores, Luxion selling cores, a way to grow/craft cores).

+ Reply to Thread