+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: The Tome Problem

  1. #1

    The Tome Problem

    Today, I want to discuss tomes. Tomes were a great idea when they first came out, and still are, but there are two issues in particular I want to talk about: The abundance of legendary tomes/lack or regular tomes, and the disappointment of Geode tomes.

    Firstly, lets start with Geode tomes. There currently are 10 Geode related tomes: seven cave tomes, and three topside tomes. All of the cave tomes, except the metamatter one, are really underwhelming, mastery fillers, nothing else. They give so little resources, it's not worth crafting them unless you are trying to get some good geode mastery. I would want one of two things to happen to all the Geode cave tomes, but the metamatter one. Either make them regular, repeated tomes or increase their reward yield. No one wants a legendary tome, which activates only ONCE A WEEK, for 25 Moonlit Moss, which we can grab in the caves in 5 minutes. These tomes are even more useless now that the caves are affected by gathering day, which I'm glad that finally now happens.

    Secondly, the Topside tomes. The cosmic dust one is alright, that one can stay where it is, however the forge fragment and crystalline core ones are not so fine. The forge fragment one is really RNG to get, good idea on paper, not such a good idea when executed. The crystalline core one though is terribly expensive and only worth going after if you want mastery really. Or if you are rich in flux and can get it really easily.

    Thirdly, tome distribution. we currently have 12 repeatable tomes in the game compared to a whopping 32 legendary+mastery tomes. We don't need that much legendary tomes, nor do we need any more. A few tomes I can understand being legendary: Gem dust, metamatter, bomber royale coins, dragon coins, and others. But when we have a legendary tome for fishing lures, eclipse keys, and common geode resources, we have a problem. I know many people want a fae dust tome and others want other helpful ores like nitro-glitterine and other mob drops like bones. Players want to be able to charge all their legendary tomes but some just don't have the time or motivation when we have 32 of them to charge.

    We need a tome overhaul badly. Some tomes are good, many are not and need reworks.


    IGN: Argonaut_of_MC | Mastery: 730+ | 34,000+ PR Knight & Gunslinger |My Trovesaurus Profile | Discord: Argonaut_of_MC#0239 | Knight mains FTW

  2. #2
    Senior Member Summer Haas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Altar of the Moon
    Posts
    2,956
    It seems like many of them are for mastery only. That's not much different than most mounts though.

    The problem with making some of them more worthwhile means that people will grind those and in turn that puts too many of those resources into the economy. Unless there is an adequate sink put in place to offset the tome, they are probably better off staying mediocre.

    Incidentally, I have a calculator for tome values to help determine which are worth grinding and which should just be avoided.
    https://trove.summerhaas.com/tomes


    IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    38
    i agree 100% with this post, legendary tomes do not yield the proper amount for it being a weekly completion. We need them converted to lesser tomes for repetition or increased in reward. A new binding darkness tome could be used, either 20 as a legendary or 4 as a lesser.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Summer Haas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Altar of the Moon
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by The808Keoni View Post
    i agree 100% with this post, legendary tomes do not yield the proper amount for it being a weekly completion. We need them converted to lesser tomes for repetition or increased in reward. A new binding darkness tome could be used, either 20 as a legendary or 4 as a lesser.
    I actually really like the idea of making tomes give out things like Binding Darkness that you can't normally buy. The other tomes like Infinium and Shapestone etc, don't need buffs as they will never compete with whatever is at the top. Buffing them is pointless as no one will ever use anything other than the top value tome. But giving items that are normally untradable makes the most sense because they will get used and have individual value.


    IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

  5. #5
    An auto switch tome function would be pretty ideal on the legendary tomes. Switching between all the legendary ones takes a bit effort and focus. If the system let you tag legendary tome priority or just auto switched to another legendary tome once the current tome is full that would be nice. I kind of like the expansive amount of tomes.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    20
    Agreed, Really annoying to change them on the Xbox when you have a list of 20+ and you want to fill them all and you can’t scroll down the list quickly to the next one. Either have it switched to the next one or hide the one that are sleeping till they wake up again
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyGoBadukWeiqi View Post
    An auto switch tome function would be pretty ideal on the legendary tomes. Switching between all the legendary ones takes a bit effort and focus. If the system let you tag legendary tome priority or just auto switched to another legendary tome once the current tome is full that would be nice. I kind of like the expansive amount of tomes.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    172
    On most weeks I don´t even complete all of my tomes, but I always keep griding for god knows how long before I notice my current tome is completed. An auto-switch would be ideal, but even a more noticeable warning would already be helpful. Is there a mod for this that I missed?

  8. #8
    Senior Member CDM135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubsss View Post
    On most weeks I don´t even complete all of my tomes, but I always keep griding for god knows how long before I notice my current tome is completed. An auto-switch would be ideal, but even a more noticeable warning would already be helpful. Is there a mod for this that I missed?
    Actually, there is. It was just uploaded last week or so, and it's a blessing:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=1654801480
    https://trovesaurus.com/mod=6782/tome-reminder

    Although a queue feature for tomes in-game would be neat. Perhaps a window that lets you choose from your list of tomes, where you can set an order for the legendary tomes to auto-swap.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Summer Haas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Altar of the Moon
    Posts
    2,956
    I love the warning on that mod, whoever came up with that must be awesome


    IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    It seems like many of them are for mastery only. That's not much different than most mounts though.

    The problem with making some of them more worthwhile means that people will grind those and in turn that puts too many of those resources into the economy. Unless there is an adequate sink put in place to offset the tome, they are probably better off staying mediocre.

    Incidentally, I have a calculator for tome values to help determine which are worth grinding and which should just be avoided.
    https://trove.summerhaas.com/tomes

    You're the best Summer Haas!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts